bropro

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if this belongs here because I did not see an evangelism forum. Back in 1969 after coming home from Vietnam, a woman gave me a chick tract entitled "This Was Your Life." After reading this tract I felt conviction of sin right away. I would like to say that I came to the Lord shortly thereafter, but it took 5 years before I actually repented of my sin and received Christ as my Savior. The sad thing is, that I experienced this conviction of sin off and on (mostly on) for the next 5 years. I can only guess as to why I waited so long, but I am very thankful to this woman who gave me this tract. The link below will tell of a man who passed out tracts everyday for over 40 year. It is only 9 minutes long, but in my opinion very inspiring. I'm sure you know why. I hope all who listen to this will also be inspired also.

I don't think you were able to listen to the link on the effectiveness of tracts, because it was removed from here by admin. My fault. I moved it to the Video Forum under the title "Do Gospel Tracts Really Work?" in BIBLICAL TOPICS It is only  9 minutes long, but well worth the time. Please let me know what you think.

Gary

Edited by bropro
Removed youtube link. Please post video links in the appropriate video forum.
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/15/2019 at 6:47 PM, bropro said:

I don't know if this belongs here because I did not see an evangelism forum. Back in 1969 after coming home from Vietnam, a woman gave me a chick tract entitled "This Was Your Life." After reading this tract I felt conviction of sin right away. I would like to say that I came to the Lord shortly thereafter, but it took 5 years before I actually repented of my sin and received Christ as my Savior. The sad thing is, that I experienced this conviction of sin off and on (mostly on) for the next 5 years. I can only guess as to why I waited so long, but I am very thankful to this woman who gave me this tract. The link below will tell of a man who passed out tracts everyday for over 40 year. It is only 9 minutes long, but in my opinion very inspiring. I'm sure you know why. I hope all who listen to this will also be inspired also.

Gary

I too was a reader of all the little tracts I could find. They did bless me so in my journey to Christ. 

Very nice video. So true it is, obedience to Christ, we never know the fruit that it has,  or can, or will produce, we just have to be obedient to God, as He speaks to our hearts.

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Steve_S
Removed quoted youtube link.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

23 minutes ago, Not me said:

I too was a reader of all the little tracts I could find. They did bless me so in my journey to Christ. 

Very nice video. So true it is, obedience to Christ, we never know the fruit that it has,  or can, or will produce, we just have to be obedient to God, as He speaks to our hearts.

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

It is quite a story of faithfulness to the work of the Lord in which his labor was not in vain.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

3 hours ago, bropro said:

Gary

I read that same tract when I was about 10 or 11 or so. I got saved then, but didn't get any real Christian training until much later while in the Air Force. There were plenty of folks who were lead to Christ either by tracts directly or indirectly. At one time I had a small collection of that tract in half a dozen languages while in Europe.

Paul said it well: one sows and another waters, but its God who gives the increase.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, walla299 said:

I read that same tract when I was about 10 or 11 or so. I got saved then, but didn't get any real Christian training until much later while in the Air Force. There were plenty of folks who were lead to Christ either by tracts directly or indirectly. At one time I had a small collection of that tract in half a dozen languages while in Europe.

Paul said it well: one sows and another waters, but its God who gives the increase.

Tract distribution is a great way to plant the seed, and water it, so that God can bring forth the increase. Yes, the message of that tract is still embedded in my mind.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

I should also add that I was growing up in a non-religious home at the time. We also lived "out in the sticks" at that time. Religion was something that wasn't allowed to be discussed at the time due to my dad's strong dislike of the subject. Funny how the Gospel got in anyway, not just for me, but for my younger brother and our mom. Christ knows no barriers.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

17 hours ago, bropro said:

Gary

It all depends if a person is going to open their heart to the words they see. Most people throw them in the garbage.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Cletus said:

it can be.  evangelism must be understood though.  its mainly outside the church.  its mainly to the lost.  preaching the gospel and they get saved.  the tracts dont do much in the way of making disciples. but neither does evangelism.... as a general rule. 

someone can get saved and not really know God or His ways... we must press into Him for this knowledge by seeking Him in prayer, reading the bible and of course, some thanksgiving,  praise and worship. 

I put out a tract in my little bros room and He prayed and got saved... but He didnt press into knowing God or His ways.  i tried to talk to him about it but he didnt seem very interested. 

so tracts have pros and cons.  I recommend to try to follow up with people you leave tracts for... if you know who got it.   You dont even have to be obvious about it or let on that it was you who left it. 

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Just because someone is saved does not mean they have gained "the fear of The LORD"

I quit doing the tracts because i never saw any real fruit come of it and i was not led of The Spirit to leave them... but this is my experience.  yours may differ.  

Hello Cletus. I don't think you were able to listen to the link on the effectiveness of tracts, because it was removed from here by admin. My fault. I moved it to the Video Forum under the title "Do Gospel Tracts Really Work?" It is only  9 minutes long, but well worth the time. Please let me know what you think.

Gary

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It all depends if a person is going to open their heart to the words they see. Most people throw them in the garbage.

Hello missmuffet. I don't think you were able to listen to the link on the effectiveness of tracts, because it was removed from here by admin. My fault. I moved it to the Video Forum under the title "Do Gospel Tracts Really Work?" It is only  9 minutes long, but well worth the time. Please let me know what you think.

Gary

4 hours ago, walla299 said:

I should also add that I was growing up in a non-religious home at the time. We also lived "out in the sticks" at that time. Religion was something that wasn't allowed to be discussed at the time due to my dad's strong dislike of the subject. Funny how the Gospel got in anyway, not just for me, but for my younger brother and our mom. Christ knows no barriers.

Hello walla299. I don't think you were able to listen to the link on the effectiveness of tracts, because it was removed from here by admin. My fault. I moved it to the Video Forum under the title "Do Gospel Tracts Really Work?" It is only  9 minutes long, but well worth the time. Please let me know what you think.