• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom brothers and sisters,

I have here a good witnessing tool (and also a great reminder for Christians) to explain:

• The World
  • God
  • The Bible
  • Jesus
  • Judgment Day
  • The Next Life
  • Is Torah for today?

Please give it a read if you have the time to read a three-paged story. I know it blessed at least one person significantly.

Meet Enid https://faithandtheword.com/book-a/idb/heart/roots/enid1/

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Tzephanyahu Thank you for this. It was thought provoking. Powerful and convicting. Well worth the read. 

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, turtletwo said:

@Tzephanyahu Thank you for this. It was thought provoking. Powerful and convicting. Well worth the read. 

And so what do you suppose will happen to these , who in the last of days , have forsook with one mind The TRUE CHRIST and have built and worship  all inclusive golden bull.

Like ol keith and others ,   WE must expose the all inclusive ecumincal death fest that Rome and her many protestant daughters now teach .

You leap up mmls  knows as swidl .   You leap up and praise the LORD and pray for those who warn against the lies and the lie .

Let all pray for those who POINT only TO CHRIST and no other name . 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I didn't see much of anything about some having faith in the Headmaster.  It was all about works.  While good works follow faith, we don't get to the real world just by doing good and not doing bad.  It is not a good outweighing the bad scenario either.  It is about faith in the Headmaster and allowing His love to guide us and motivate us.  It is also about the grace of the Headmaster and how He came to us when we didn't deserve His mercy, and how He revealed Himself to us as a friend who would die for us.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

I agree with Willa that, on its own it would not explain the gospel. However, it could be used along with  a presentation of the atonement of Jesus.

The 'Romans Road to Salvation' has been a standard used by many to witness throughout the decades.

http://c317808.r8.cf1.rackcdn.com/Romansroad.pdf

I think this allegory was geared at those who take lightly the many scriptures about living holy and being prepared. We are to be reading the scriptures with pleasure and obeying them no matter what madness is going on around us (being single minded in this wicked world.) This is what the Well-Behaved Students did.

The message I read in the allegory was one of faithfulness to He who went away and admonished us to be true to His Word till He comes back. 

I was looking at it in light of the parable of Jesus about 'being ready when your Lord returns...

I realize we are reading servants as opposed to students in the allegory. But the principle is the same. The smiting of the fellowservants, for example makes me think of this part of the allegory:

Bullying now became seriously violent and many students were being chased out of the School because of it. The Seniors classes became depraved

"Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 24:44-51)

Those who would ever think I advocate salvation by works don't know me very well. One of my life verses is Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

However, faith without works is dead, as James 2:14-26 declares. Christians were not intended to remain idle once they are born again. For that is only the beginning of a lifetime of joy in serving Him.

If you look at the allegory again you will see that the 'well behaved students' represent Christians who do these works BECAUSE they respect and love the Headmaster. Read of their joy at His return. The allegory supposes they were behaving obediently when He returned because He meant so much to them. Is that not true of Christians? Note how glad they were upon His return.

The Well-Behaved Students were delighted to see him and were even cheering his name. The rest of the students were screaming wildly, frantically trying to smarten up their appearance and hide incriminating evidence.

The others who didn't care about Him are the lost. It even clarifies that Enid did not BELIEVE in Him.

She didn’t believe this Headmaster even existed and now she has to meet him? What would she say?

The characters are explained as though the true believers were these who loved and obeyed the Headmaster...as all genuinely converted people would. Here is the summary. Note that ONLY the Well-Behaved students are defined as Christians:

Hopefully the message of Enid’s story was clear but, just to be sure, here’s the explanation:

The mixed boarding School is our world with each generation of Enid’s family representing a different period in Earth’s history. The Headmaster is God with his Guides and Rules being the Bible.  The Teachers represent Christianity in general or Bible-based moral leaders in our society. When someone leaves the School grounds it means they died. The Senior Students are today’s current world powers and thought leaders. The Well-Behaved Students are Christians. The Assembly Hall represents Judgement Day. The Dark Figure is satan. The New Life is life after death and the Real World is the new world to come.

Edited by turtletwo
spelling
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, SelahSong said:

I didn’t like the story at all. It’s written as an allegory, but it makes FALSE presumptions about our Father and it leaves out the BEAUTY and the POWER of the Gospel message and the LOVE inherent in it.  There is no biblical Truth in this parable and, in my opinion, is an extremely POOR witnessing tool. I believe the GOSPEL OF JESUS is the ONLY witnessing tool we need. 

1 Corinthians 15:3-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by [a]Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have [b]fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.

-Selah:emot-heartbeat:

Yeah ,   had  I wrote it , it would have sounded a bit different .    I might just write us a story in the days ahead .    Might get turtle to throw in a few poems in it too .

We gotta dig in deep .   A title might be the many men who thought they could trod the son under foot with a big golden inclusive bull .

Stay tuned for the ending .   Cause the same one they thought they could trod under foot, GONNA TROD THAT BULL and all who partook of it , RIGHT UNDER HIS , ON HIS DAY .

For that Golden bull idea is no bull that can stand against THE CREATOR and on that day folks gonna realize oh dear we bought nothing but bull.  . .       Keep that clean as you can . But its truth .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

4 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

When the Headmaster (God) returns in the story about Enid, he says,

“Tonight, this old School building will be torn down and we will leave to start New Lives in the Real World, just as I said. However, not all of you will be coming. Some of you have proven that you cannot be trusted”.  

"Some of you?"  Romans 3:23... for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

After each of the students has a personal interview with the Headmaster, the well-behaved come out joyful and ready to climb on the bus which will take them to new lives in the real world, leaving the false impression that good behavior results in salvation:

The Well-Behaved Students came out ecstatically laughing and crying, dancing across the floor madly as they went to climb aboard a bus outside.

Ephesians 2:8-9...  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.  

There is no mention in the story of the Son of the Headmaster at this point of the story, or of any relationship between the Son and the students. No mention of any sacrifice on the Son's part to save the students from their deteriorating condition. 

So far, the best I can say about the story is that it MIGHT scare someone into repentance.  not really the best of reasons to repent.

Fast forward to the alternate ending.  Enid is spared by grace when we finally meet the Son of the Headmaster.  However, what is the scriptural "homework"?   Read the Ten Commandments and Luke 6:27-49, both very worthy scriptures, but not the best witnessing scriptures.  I believe John 3:16 and the story of Jesus and His sacrificial death on the cross make a better start.  Good behavior will never save us.  

The simple truth my loved sister is this .    We are justified soley by the blood of Christ ,  but as john says , my little children if he abides in us , WE WALK AS DID HE .

THAT will show who we were truly of , who we truly believed in , who we truly followed . FOR IF HIS SPIRIT IS IN US ,  And we are LED of THE SPIRIT

IT DOES the LEADING and not into darkness , ONLY IN LIGHT .  

The tree IS KNOWN by its fruits .   And as proverbs makes clear , the FRUIT of the wicked is ...........TO SIN .

Several things we should deeply know .    If a man does much good works , feeds the poor , even gives his life to save another , YET CALLS NOT ON CHRIST

this mans religion is dead and vain .

IF a man hollers the name of JESUS , yet walks in darkness, SO TOO is HIS RELIGOIN VAIN .

Its like romans says .   We must Believe FROM THE HEART , and CONFESS with the mouth .    Alll else is the winds of vanity that reapeth the great whirlwind of destruction at its end .

For I warn us all,  this will be the mindset that is to come and even now already is and has began .     That GOD is in all religions that we all serve the same GOD in different ways and religions .

OH ITS A LIE FROM HELLS GREAT DEPTHS .   BUT mark my words if this wont be the accepted mindset in all houses in the time which is to come .

The only ones who will reisist it , ARE THE TRUE LAMBS .  FOR they follow ONLY the voice of the GREAT SAVOIR  , the ONLY SAVOIR , the ONLY REDEEMER

the ONLY NAME that saves , the GREAT APOSTEL of the sheep , the anchor of our soul,    the very creator , THE HOPE of all  who are his , CHRIST JESUS .

That was one long lists of titles .   BUT THEY TRUTH .   

THAT ALONE is who we stand on.     All else is but the vanity of men gone mad with the lies of darkness .   portaying itself as light , as love , as truth , as freedom

as libery , YET KNOWS NONE OF THIS .  FOR Had they truly KNOWN CHRIST they would have known the FATHER , FOR HE alone is who reveals HIM unto us .

Their simply is no other way , their simply is no other hope , their simply is no other plan for salvation .   And all else is but the winds of vanity that shall reap the whirl wind of destruction unto all who were of the world and knew him not , and repented not , and though many of them too may have claimed him , yet denied him in works .

I suggest , as I always have suggested .  OPEN BIBLES and READ ONLY BIBLES and LEARN HIM WELL and not what many have claimed .  LEARN HIM and LEARN HIM WELL . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, SelahSong said:

I believe the GOSPEL OF JESUS is the ONLY witnessing tool we need. 

Yep!!!

Paul said:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."  Rom 1:16, 17

Co-joined with:

Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.  Zech 4:6

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1