Tzephanyahu

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

My son just made a good point about the necessity of the law in sharing grace when witnessing. They go hand in hand. Jesus died for us...but why? Because we could not keep the law. God's perfection required perfect obedience. Found in Jesus alone.

"Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression." Romans 4:15

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

51 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

I agree with Willa that, on its own it would not explain the gospel. However, it could be used along with  a presentation of the atonement of Jesus.

The 'Romans Road to Salvation' has been a standard used by many to witness throughout the decades.

http://c317808.r8.cf1.rackcdn.com/Romansroad.pdf

I think this allegory was geared at those who take lightly the many scriptures about living holy and being prepared. We are to be reading the scriptures with pleasure and obeying them no matter what madness is going on around us (being single minded in this wicked world.) This is what the Well-Behaved Students did.

The message I read in the allegory was one of faithfulness to He who went away and admonished us to be true to His Word till He comes back. 

I was looking at it in light of the parable of Jesus about 'being ready when your Lord returns...

I realize we are reading servants as opposed to students in the allegory. But the principle is the same. The smiting of the fellowservants, for example makes me think of this part of the allegory:

Bullying now became seriously violent and many students were being chased out of the School because of it. The Seniors classes became depraved

"Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 24:44-51)

Those who would ever think I advocate salvation by works don't know me very well. One of my life verses is Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

However, faith without works is dead, as James 2:14-26 declares. Christians were not intended to remain idle once they are born again. For that is only the beginning of a lifetime of joy in serving Him.

If you look at the allegory again you will see that the 'well behaved students' represent Christians who do these works BECAUSE they respect and love the Headmaster. Read of their joy at His return. The allegory supposes they were behaving obediently when He returned because He meant so much to them. Is that not true of Christians? Note how glad they were upon His return.

The Well-Behaved Students were delighted to see him and were even cheering his name. The rest of the students were screaming wildly, frantically trying to smarten up their appearance and hide incriminating evidence.

The others who didn't care about Him are the lost. It even clarifies that Enid did not BELIEVE in Him.

She didn’t believe this Headmaster even existed and now she has to meet him? What would she say?

The characters are explained as though the true believers were these who loved and obeyed the Headmaster...as all genuinely converted people would. Here is the summary. Note that ONLY the Well-Behaved students are defined as Christians:

Hopefully the message of Enid’s story was clear but, just to be sure, here’s the explanation:

The mixed boarding School is our world with each generation of Enid’s family representing a different period in Earth’s history. The Headmaster is God with his Guides and Rules being the Bible.  The Teachers represent Christianity in general or Bible-based moral leaders in our society. When someone leaves the School grounds it means they died. The Senior Students are today’s current world powers and thought leaders. The Well-Behaved Students are Christians. The Assembly Hall represents Judgement Day. The Dark Figure is satan. The New Life is life after death and the Real World is the new world to come.

Sister you are dearly loved .  this is what I got from it too .    Yes I would have written it just a tad different  , saying the same things but doing all to make it very clear that JESUS was being pointed too .   I get the moral of this story , I do .   It had nothing to do with earning anything by good works .

I got the same thing about the headmaster .     Sometimes things can be misunderstood .     Its why I always make it clear and put HIS name and etc.

The LORD used parables and expressions as well to describe things .   I understand why selah may have seen it the way she did .   When I do my lil story

rest assured I will make it very clear so as none can misunderstand it .     You can add all the poems to it you want .   

I don't know ,  about the title yet .    How about the Golden bull that fed many bull .    Or if you follow a bull expect naught but bull .

Hey now , paul said he counted all that other stuff as dung .  I am just talking about A BIG BULL that offers naught but bull to all who believe and follow that inclusive bull . 

• Praise God! 1

16 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

My son just made a good point about the necessity of the law in sharing grace when witnessing. They go hand in hand. Jesus died for us...but why? Because we could not keep the law. God's perfection required perfect obedience. Found in Jesus alone.

"Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression." Romans 4:15

That is right .  FOR finding fault with them ,  HE MADE A NEW CONVENANT .    no man fulfilled the entire law , due to the flesh .

BUT NOW we have a new convenant .     Anyone want to guess what that convenant is and HOW it was made and now enforced .

It required the Death of the testator .   After His death AND resurrection ,  IT became of effect .  By effect , I mean BY THE BLOOD that can truly purge sins

And even FROM the CONSCIOUS , a new heart now , with new desires now .

The law is beautiful , but by the flesh could not man keep it .  BUT NOW under the new convenant , the righteousness of the LAW ITSELF is fullfilled

in those who walk AFTER the SPIRIT  and not the flesh .

For GOD said in years long gone and in fact LONG before HE SENT the SON .

IN THOSE DAYS I WILL WRITE MY LAWS , but not on stone , BUT ON THIER HEARTS AND IN THEIR MINDS .   

ON THEIR HEARTS and IN THIER MINDS .

ON THIER HEARTS and IN THEIR MINDS . 

ON THIER HEARTS and In their minds . WHERE LOVE makes not void the law , grace makes not void the law , IT WRITES the RIGHTEOUNESS of the LAW

BY THE SPIRIT , BY THE POWER to walk HOLY .  BY A NEW and LIVING WAY , where none seeks to earn righteous , BUT SIMPLY WALK IN IT and RIGHTEOUSLY BY HIM .

TRUE LOVE that comes FROM GOD .  for let us remember that GOD IS LOVE , HE IS TRUTH and cannot contradict HIMSELF ,  has written on our hearts

that which fulfills his law by THE LOVE of GOD that is shed upon our hearts by the HOLY GHOST .

Any love that willfully transgresses or makes void the law ,   COMES NOT FROM GOD  .  OH NO , it comes not from CHRIST ,  for HE IS NO AURTHOR if lawlessness.

the devil is .    so no marvel that he , appearing as light has won over many men and they too can appear as righteous men , BUT BEWARE they are deicievers .

FOR THE SON , GRACE , the WORK OF GOD does not make VOID THE WORD of GOD .  IT ESTALBISHES IN ON OUR HEARTS where LOVE FULLFILLS .  

And that is only experienced BY those who are TRULY BORN again .  IT IS the WORK OF GOD .   

Now let every man , woman and child , let all the trees clap their hands and PRAISE the LORD .

And remember IF CHRIST be magnified n us ,  then the law would be magnified and made honorable in our hearts

I WILL MAGNIFY MY LAW .    Go read ISSIAH .   GOD never had no plans to become the FATHER of lawlessness nor children of lawlessness.

HE came to save us from darkness , to free us from darkness, not to let us FEEL SAVED IN DARKNESS .   

We got a war and let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity .  for many deceivers abound and the days get only worse .

Never Point to the law as a means of earning salvation or righteousness.   OR fallen from grace one has , BUT never will grace make void the work the law of GOD .

HIS LOVE FULLFILLS the law , it don't make it void .    So man with man IS STILL SIN , grace don't make that void .   A murderer is still sin ,  Grace don't make that void .

What grace does , IS TRULY SAVES a man and will set HIM FREE .    But if a man hollers all day and walks in and justifies sin ,  HE WALKS IN DARKNESS and LOVES IT MORE THAN THE LIGHT . And no matter how he tries and deceives himself as though he follows and believes in Christ , He is as john said , A LIAR and their is not some , BUT NO TRUTH IN HIM .

THE TRUTH sets fere .   NOT KEEPS us in bondage , ITS SETS US FREE . 

Never again let a man , woman or child justify these backslidden seeker friendly liars and murderes of men EVER ONCE AGAIN .  NOW They aer men and women of belial

and they  ON MY WATCH will be identified as such , warned against , that no one even seeks a peek In their false death direction .   A gem is a gem , and a man of belial is OF BELIAL .

Just now, SelahSong said:

The parables of Jesus explain the overall plan of our Father.  They are not complicated and, in fact, are so simple most children can understand them.  Our Father’s inspired words are all-sufficient and clear.  The Bible stands on its own, and scripture about Salvation is well able to penetrate a heart on its own. We need only the Bible.    -Selah:emot-heartbeat:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The pope wont be happy with you sister .     Nor many .     But leap for joy ,   leap for joy   .  This is right on my loved sister .   And its high time to praise the LORD yet again .

That's right,   we know what time it is ,  ITS TIME to PRAISE the LORD .  

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Your son knows more than 75% of the Church world and Christian Religionists .That estimate may have been over generous.He has been blessed.You too!

“ gotta get ‘em lost before you get ‘em saved”..... that is the true purpose of the Law.....to show one their hopeless condition and their need for a Savior....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

When the Headmaster (God) returns in the story about Enid, he says,

“Tonight, this old School building will be torn down and we will leave to start New Lives in the Real World, just as I said. However, not all of you will be coming. Some of you have proven that you cannot be trusted”.  

"Some of you?"  Romans 3:23... for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

After each of the students has a personal interview with the Headmaster, the well-behaved come out joyful and ready to climb on the bus which will take them to new lives in the real world, leaving the false impression that good behavior results in salvation:

The Well-Behaved Students came out ecstatically laughing and crying, dancing across the floor madly as they went to climb aboard a bus outside.

Ephesians 2:8-9...  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.  

There is no mention in the story of the Son of the Headmaster at this point of the story, or of any relationship between the Son and the students. No mention of any sacrifice on the Son's part to save the students from their deteriorating condition. 

So far, the best I can say about the story is that it MIGHT scare someone into repentance.  Not really the best of reasons to repent.

Fast forward to the alternate ending.  Enid is spared by grace when we finally meet the Son of the Headmaster.  However, what is the scriptural "homework"?   Read the Ten Commandments and Luke 6:27-49, both very worthy scriptures, but not the best witnessing scriptures.  I believe John 3:16 and the story of Jesus and His sacrificial death on the cross make a better start.  Good behavior will never save us.  

Essentially, the long- winded story is just another variation on “ Jesus Saves—- BUT your behavior after you know that KEEPS you saved.” Just another false Gospel that adds works of the flesh. “ what has bewitched you ?Did keeping the Law save you? Why return to it to keep yourself saved?You finish the way you started— the just  shall LIVE by faith.” Behavior is not what gets you to the narrow gate.....it’s the Path that you are on...that Path is the NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD PATH for Salvation....it’s a path of Grace which stirs up love for God and gives us the proper impetus to obey Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom my friends,

Well, I didn’t expect to read such passionate reactions!

It’s a shame how some have spoken so negatively about this, albeit not all of you.  Because of this, I don’t think I’ll share more of this website with anymore believers on here.  It seems like it’s just a chance to get shouted down, instead of encouraged. 

However, thank you to those who offered kind words and reasonable constructive criticism.  

Now to answer all the criticism... 

---------------------------

The conclusion makes it very clear that it is not BY good works that we are saved, but that we are saved FOR good works.  For anyone out there who thinks discipleship is just a prayer of repentance and attending church services, they will be in for a rude awakening.  Do not just be hearers of the Word.

No, we are not saved BY following Torah. But it’s an important element for a disciples training, as Paul says: “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness The New Testament wasn't complete at the time Paul wrote this.

To be fair to you all, the story isn’t designed to explain the gospel.  Actually it's a story to explain responsibility.  It forms with a group of 3 other stories which are to help explain why God allows pain and suffering.  In terms of explaining the gospel, then this story isn’t sufficient in itself.  However, it can help explain to an atheist the overview of the world, our responsibility of it, the evil in this world and the way out - which then LEADS to the gospel story.  Basically, it explains the problem of this world and shows the bad ending and good ending.

But what do you think people? Do you think that atheists have not heard the gospel or about the blood of Jesus?  Do you think the story is news to a lot of them?  No!  A lot of them are totally aware and even mock it in detail!  But the problem is that they just don’t understand it. The devil has confused their thinking with this world.  

Therefore, throwing scriptures at non-believers or speaking to them the same way Paul spoke to believers (nearly 2000 years ago) is not getting the traction it used to.  So, this story is to evoke a strong emotive response, help the reader recognize themselves as sinful and then direct them to the Bible. 

The story also prepares the reader, informing them that salvation isn’t just a prayer and then forgetting about it, staying in your worldly ways. It shows we need to repent and change, according to Yeshua's teachings – not to be saved BY our works, but offering them as a reasonable service of thanksgiving and praise.   I think some atheists prefer this, as even they recognize righteous in the Torah and the Beatitudes.

Atheists want to aspire to high moral goals, but many Christians discredit God’s good and perfect Torah to them, saying “It’s no longer relevant! We are set free!”, so why would the Atheists respect that?  This was a problem in Paul’s day as well – there were those bound under the Torah and those who were too free from it.

Assuming you read all three pages, then thank you for taking the time.  I understand the points you all made and will take some into consideration, and leave others aside.   Regardless, I don't think I'll be so comfortable sharing other pages on here in the future. 

Love & Shalom

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,174
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/17/2019 at 7:20 PM, turtletwo said:

1 John 2 King James Version (KJV)

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christ Jesus said:

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,174
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Where, O Death, is Your Victory?    

1 Corinthians 15:57

56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! 58Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast and immovable. Always excel in the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.…

• Praise God! 2