• Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

'Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, 
to the saints which are at Ephesus, 
and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:'

(Ephesians 1:1) 

Hello again,

I have read through each open-hearted entry, from the beginning, and thank you all for your contributions.  To add or subtract, question or comment on any one of them, other than I have already done, would be an intrusion, for I feel that each one is a reflection of the walk with God that each one of us is engaged upon by His grace, in Christ Jesus.

What a beloved Lord and Saviour we have, haven't we?  How blessed we are to know Him, and to be the objects of His love and grace.  My love to you all, in Him.  Thank you for being a blessing to me by sharing as you have.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head
Chris  

Edited by Christine
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Christine :) I am thankful that the Lord prompted you to post this interesting topic. It led to my son and I having a discussion about it. I wanted to share his thoughts on  it with you. He said maybe it was a letter meant to go beyond Ephesus. So when it says, "to the faithful in Christ Jesus" it would be addressing that second group of Christians (those in places other than Ephesus.) That could explain why it is separated from "to the saints which are at Ephesus" (by the word 'and.')

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Christine said:

'Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, 
to the saints which are at Ephesus, 
and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:'

(Ephesians 1:1) 

Hello again,

I have read through each open-hearted entry, from the beginning, and thank you all for your contributions.  To add or subtract, question or comment on any one of them, other than I have already done, would be an intrusion, for I feel that each one is a reflection of the walk with God that each one of us is engaged upon by His grace, in Christ Jesus.

What a beloved Lord and Saviour we have, haven't we?  How blessed we are to know Him, and to be the objects of His love and grace.  My love to you all, in Him.  Thank you for being a blessing to me by sharing as you have.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head
Chris  

The graciousness and Christ that shines through your writings.

Blessings as we serve our risen Savior.  ?

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

23 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Christine :) I am thankful that the Lord prompted you to post this interesting topic. It led to my son and I having a discussion about it. I wanted to share his thoughts on  it with you. He said maybe it was a letter meant to go beyond Ephesus. So when it says, "to the faithful in Christ Jesus" it would be addressing that second group of Christians (those in places other than Ephesus.) That could explain why it is separated from "to the saints which are at Ephesus" (by the word 'and.')

How lovely, @turtletwo, 

That you were able to have this discussion with your son.  Praise God!

* I agree with him regarding his thought that this letter was 'meant to go beyond Ephesus'.  I believe the message it contains is intended for all the faithful in Christ Jesus, both then, and throughout the centuries since.

* If you compare the interview Paul had with the Ephesian elders in Acts 20, prior to his imprisonment at Rome, in which he summarises the doctrines he had preached to them to that date; with the content of the letter written to the believers in Ephesus subsequently;  you will see no mention of the unique teaching found in this letter. Which indicates that what we read in the epistle to the Ephesians was received by revelation from God by Paul, during that period of imprisonment; which indeed is what Paul maintains in Ephesians chapter 3. 

* Could this further revelation, described in Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians be the cause of the subsequent  'turning away' of many from Paul, which he tells Timothy about in 2 Timothy 1:13-15, written immediately prior to his death. 

'Hold fast the form of sound words, 
.. which thou hast heard of me, 
.... in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
...... That good thing which was committed unto thee 
........ keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
This thou knowest
.. that all they which are in Asia 
.... be turned away from me; 
...... of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

(2 Timothy 1:13-15)

* Timothy was at Ephesus when he received that letter from Paul, and if you look at the context of the passage in which 2 Timothy 2:15 is written, you will see the atmosphere that prevailed there at that time, for he was surrounded by strife and argument about words, which were to no profit but to the subversion of those who heard it: and he was exhorted by Paul to rise above it; by studying to show himself approved unto God, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.  Only by so doing could he maintain his objectivity, and be true to the form of sound words that he had heard from Paul.

* How needful is that exhortation for us today too, isn't it? who seek to walk worthy of the Lord in our generation.

With love to you and your son, (do thank him for his contribution)
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine