• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

14 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

He was cut off at the last second of the last minute of the last hour of the 69th Week. So His ministry began sometime before that.

After the 69th Week the prince will be cut off.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Your own sentences are contradicting each other. You say he is cut off on the last hour of the 69th week , and also after the 69th week.

His coming occurred at the end of the 69th week, how can you say that his ministry occurred before his coming?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,536
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

3 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

You are definitely correct that the covenant is everlasting, but there is also an earthly time limit during which Jesus is specifically the Jewish Christ bringing salvation to Israel as promised. The prophecy is for the Jews, the 490 years are especially focussed on them.  The promise is made in v25, an anointed prince is promised, who will eventually put an end to sin, and bring in everlasting righteousness.

This anointed one preached for 3.5 years bringing salvation specifically to Jews, THEN the crucifixion opened the way to all nations to hear the gospel and this broke the Jewish timeline.

BUT in future, when there is a great victory of the "fullness of the nations" (Romans 11:25) then the blindness of the Jews will be lifted and they will be open to the gospel again.  This time frame of the gospel to Jews is also 3.5 years, because we know the great victory of the gospel occurs in Rev 12. After that great victory there is only 3.5 years left. 

TIMELINE:   

a) 3.5 years openness of Jews to the Messiah  (Jesus ministry)

b) crucifixion

c) gospel to the nations

d) Great victory of the fullness of the nations

e) 3.5 years of openness of Jews to the Messiah (Great Tribulation)

The openness of the Jews is 3.5 years, plus 3.5 years =  SEVEN YEARS Jesus is the Anointed to the Jews as promised in v25.   

Shalom, Argosy.

Well done! The only two things I would have said differently is that ...
(1) we are IN the "Tribulation" period. It corresponds to your "c)" above. And, it is primarily the suffering that the children of Israel will have to endure for rejecting God and His Messiah.

(2) Secondly, the "New Covenant" is really just a "New Delivery System" for God's Commandments:

Jeremiah 31:31-36 (KJV)

31 "Behold, the days come," saith the LORD, "that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them," saith the LORD: 33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD': for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them," saith the LORD: "for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

36 "If those ordinances depart from before me," saith the LORD, "then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever."

Notice that His Law (what "Law?" the ONLY "Law" there was back in Jeremiah's time! The TORAH!) would just be "put in their inward parts and written in their hearts." The Law doesn't change; the way that the children of Israel know the Law only would be different!

One should also notice that this covenant, the "New Covenant," is primarily with the houses of Israel and Yhudah ("Judah"), not with Gentiles, unless those Gentiles have been graffed into the "Olive Tree!"

There were several covenants that God made with people: The Abrahamic Covenant, which passed on to Yitschaq ("Isaac") and then Ya`aqov/Yisra'eel ("Jacob/Israel"); the Mosaic Covenant; and then, the Davidic Covenant, when David was promised that His dynasty would be Israel's King forever and ever. It is the DAVIDIC COVENANT to which Daniel 9:27 refers, not the New Covenant! This covenant is found in 2 Samuel 7:1-17 and 1 Chronicles 17:1-15:

2 Samuel 7:1-17 (KJV)

1 And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies; 2 That the king said unto Nathan the prophet,

"See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains."

3 And Nathan said to the king,

"Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee."

4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying, 

5 "Go and tell my servant David, 'Thus saith the LORD, "Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in? 6 Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle. 7 In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, Why build ye not me an house of cedar?"'

8 "Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, 'Thus saith the LORD of hosts, "I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel: 9 And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth. 10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime, 11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house. 12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."'"

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

1 Chronicles 17:1-15 (KJV)

1 Now it came to pass, as David sat in his house, that David said to Nathan the prophet,

"Lo, I dwell in an house of cedars, but the ark of the covenant of the LORD remaineth under curtains."

2 Then Nathan said unto David,

"Do all that is in thine heart; for God is with thee."

3 And it came to pass the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying, 

4 "Go and tell David my servant, 'Thus saith the LORD, "Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in: 5 For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another. 6 Wheresoever I have walked with all Israel, spake I a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people, saying, Why have ye not built me an house of cedars?"' 7 Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, 'Thus saith the LORD of hosts, "I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel: 8 And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the earth. 9 Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning, 10 And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the LORD will build thee an house. 11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore. 

15 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

It was THIS covenant that God passed on to Ben-David, Yeshua` haMaashiyach ("the Son of David, Jesus the Messiah or Christ"):

Luke 1:26-33 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28 And the angel came in unto her, and said,

"Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women!" 

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called 'the Son of the Highest': and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

34 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

He was cut off at the last second of the last minute of the last hour of the 69th Week. So His ministry began sometime before that.

After the 69th Week the prince will be cut off.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Shalom, Montana Marv.

No, brother, Argosy is right: You ARE contradicting yourself. You've neglected (as has DonkeySpeaksAgain) the fact that YESHUA` HIMSELF broke the final "week" in two! THAT'S why there is a "gap" at all!

Daniel 9:27 (KJV)

27 And he (the Messiah of verse 26) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

THIS fact pushed the second half of the 70th Seven ("Week") into the future!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

33 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Montana Marv.

No, brother, Argosy is right: You ARE contradicting yourself. You've neglected (as has DonkeySpeaksAgain) the fact that YESHUA` HIMSELF broke the final "week" in two! THAT'S why there is a "gap" at all!

Daniel 9:27 (KJV)

27 And he (the Messiah of verse 26) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

THIS fact pushed the second half of the 70th Seven ("Week") into the future!

No gap at all as you claim. The Prophecy states 7 Sevens, 62 Sevens, and a 1 Seven.  This is what has been decreed. 70 Sevens broken down.

Jesus Christ cannot break or divided this last week into two separate segments. For He already has established it as a One Seven. Two joined 3 1/2 year periods.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

The "He" of Dan 9:27 is the Beast/ A/C of Rev 13.  We will never agree.

In Christ

Montana Marv

MM, this is your chance to show Scripture that corresponds to this assumption. Retrobyter suggests it is the Davidic covenant. This makes sense since it was "confirmed" at the baptism (the start of the 70th week - immediately at the end of the 69th week). Making this about the A/C means there should be something (somewhere) in prophecy that connects the A/C in this way. To date, I have yet to see it. 

This is a significant part of prophetic events that initiates the most prophecied period in the history of earth. Surely, God would not leave this out. This string is your chance (and everyone else) to post the prophecy verses that are connected to the start of the tribulation period which show the A/C in connection with some sort of covenant. All I ever see are "assumptions" based on other "assumptions" with actually minimal (or zero) prophetic verses to back it up.

2 minutes ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

MM, this is your chance to show Scripture that corresponds to this assumption. Retrobyter suggests it is the Davidic covenant. This makes sense since it was "confirmed" at the baptism (the start of the 70th week - immediately at the end of the 69th week). Making this about the A/C means there should be something (somewhere) in prophecy that connects the A/C in this way. To date, I have yet to see it. 

This is a significant part of prophetic events that initiates the most prophecied period in the history of earth. Surely, God would not leave this out. This string is your chance (and everyone else) to post the prophecy verses that are connected to the start of the tribulation period which show the A/C in connection with some sort of covenant. All I ever see are "assumptions" based on other "assumptions" with actually minimal (or zero) prophetic verses to back it up. 

The Davidic covenant is an eternal covenant, it does not need to be reestablish. It was a promise to David.

So it must be another covenant. If another covenant, your narrative is wrong.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

The Davidic covenant is an eternal covenant, it does not need to be reestablish. It was a promise to David.

So it must be another covenant. If another covenant, your narrative is wrong.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Of course, it is NOT re-established. The words of the prophecy clearly state that it is a "confirmed or strengthened" covenant and NOT a NEW one.

Jesus is the fulfillment of the covenant. Your assumption of a NEW covenant made with Israel is the WRONG narrative.

2 minutes ago, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

Of course, it is NOT re-established. The words of the prophecy clearly state that it is a "confirmed or strengthened" covenant and NOT a NEW one.

Jesus is the fulfillment of the covenant. Your assumption of a NEW covenant made with Israel is the WRONG narrative.

Jesus was not a fulfillment of this prophecy, but He will be when He returns.

First Advent was as the Lamb of God. Second Advent will be as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, thus fulfilling the Davidic covenant.

In Christ

Montana Marv

4 hours ago, pinacled said:

verse 9;27 is about the beast of the earth(false prophet>wolf in sheep's clothing(wearing a mantle of deceit. Etc.

From the seed of the evil one..

Cursed is anyone who preaches another gospel"

Shalom, pinacled.

"Cursed is anyone who preaches another gospel"?! Oh, blow it out your ear!

Daniel 9:27 is NOT about "the beast of the earth!" Haven't you been following along? The object of a prepositional phrase CANNOT be the subject or an object of the main sentence. In Hebrew, the sentence doesn't end at the end of 9:26 but continues into 9:27.

THEREFORE, the "he" in 9:27 CANNOT refer back to the "prince that shall come" (which is the object of the preposition "of" in the phrase "the people OF the prince that shall come"), but MUST go back farther to the NEXT noun that CAN be the subject - the "Messiah" in verse 26. That means that the MESSIAH is the One who (1) "shall confirm the covenant with many for one week," (2) "in the midst of the week, shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease," and (3) "for the overspreading of abominations, shall make it desolate, even until the consummation." 

(1) was fulfilled in Luke 1:30-33 and in the Baptism of the Messiah: "Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." (Luke 3:21-22.) And, "the covenant" was/is the Davidic Covenant in 2 Samuel 7:1-17 and 1 Chronicles 17:1-15.

(2) was fulfilled in Matthew 27:50-53 cross-referenced with Hebrews 10:11-22.

(3) was fulfilled in Matthew 23:1-39 when Yeshua` made it "desolate" (vs. 38).

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

No gap at all as you claim. The Prophecy states 7 Sevens, 62 Sevens, and a 1 Seven.  This is what has been decreed. 70 Sevens broken down.

Jesus Christ cannot break or divide this last week into two separate segments. For He already has established it as a One Seven. Two joined 3 1/2 year periods.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Nonsense. Yeshua` can do (and DID) whatever He wants! Furthermore, the gap between the first and second halves of the 70th Seven FULFILLS the prophecy!

Daniel 9:26-27 (KJV)

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he (the Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

ALL of the end of verse 26 (and of course, verse 27 as well) happened AFTER the 62 Sevens! 

3.5 + 3.5 = 7. GET OVER IT! The final Seven began with the Messiah's offer of the Kingdom to Israel and He POSTPONED it when they rejected Him and planned to crucify Him! So, He pronounced them "desolate" and they will remain so until the END, the "consummation," or as He put it, "till [they] shall say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.'"