DonkeySpeaksAgain

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Mal. 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Rom 15:8 "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers"

It is after the sixty-ninth week that Messiah is cut off. That fact definitely places it in the seventieth week—that last remaining week of the prophecy. It was during this week that Christ did confirm His covenant with many according to Matt. 26:26-28. On this solemn occasion Christ instituted the most sacred of Christian ordinances, the Lord's Supper, saying, "This is My blood of THE NEW TESTAMENT (literally covenant), which is shed for MANY for the remission of sins."

Conclusive Proof Links Christ With the Covenant. The death of Christ very definitely instituted the New and Everlasting Covenant, and Christ emphatically confirmed that covenant with many during the three and a half years of His ministry on earth. Even the words of Daniel are almost identical with those of Matthew—"He shall confirm the covenant with many"—"this is My blood of the New Testament which is shed for many."

The evidence is very conclusive. There are 281 references to "covenant" in the Scriptures according to Young's Analytical Concordance. Not one of these references in any way introduces the idea of a covenant between the Jews and the Anti-Christ. 'There is not a hint anywhere that such a covenant is suggested, intended, proposed or prophesied at any time. Concerning the covenant between the believers and the Messiah there are many scores of such references. They are found in almost every book in the Bible. The reason is because when the Jews broke the Old Covenant, (see Jer. 31:31-33) then God purposed to make a new and everlasting covenant with His people. Consequently all the prophets refer to it and Daniel foretold that it would be ratified in the 70th week of his prophecy. cp. Heb. 8:7-10.

Even more convincing is the testimony supplied by the Hebrew word for Covenant used in the phrase, "He shall confirm the covenant." The word for covenant is "Bereeth" according to the Pulpit

Commentary ; it is spelled "berith" in Young's Analytical Concordance. In the Pulpit Commentary, Vol. 29, p. 275, a lengthy exposition points out that "Bereeth" is only used in connection with a Divine Covenant. It is never used to designate a "league" with any other power or force but is always reserved to describe a covenant between God and man. For that reason the covenant cannot apply to anyone except the Messiah. It cannot possibly describe a covenant with the Anti-Christ or any political group involving apostate Jews.

It is further explained that when the covenant is confirmed the sacrifice and oblation ceases. The Massoretic text renders it : "And one week shall confirm a covenant to many, and in the middle of the week MY sacrifice and offering shall be taken away." The use of the pronoun "my" removes all doubt concerning what sacrifice and oblation is meant. It was the Mosaic sacrifices which God ordained and honored until the death of Christ. That is the only sacrifice God could call "MY" sacrifice.

The death of Christ on Calvary DID institute the New and everlasting covenant and Christ Himself DID confirm that covenant with many during His earthly ministry. When Christ died on the cross the veil of the temple was rent from top to bottom, thus signifying that the old sacrifices and oblations had ceased to have any spiritual or efficacious value. At the best they were but a shadow of good things to come, (Heb. 10:1), and when Christ died on the cross the "better covenant was established." Heb. 8:6. The old covenant with its sacrifices and oblations became null and void immediately Christ died, and in that sense He caused them to cease.

God Cannot Fail. It should be noted finally that the angel Gabriel made the announcement to Daniel. The Bible only mentions him on three occasions. He came to Daniel at the start of the 70 weeks and then he came to Zacharias and Mary to announce the birth of John the Baptist and the Messiah as the time of fulfillment drew near. Note also that the only date mentioned in the New Testament is found in Luke 3:1, 2, telling of the ruling hierarchy in both Jewish and Gentile states at that time, and signifying an impending event that would affect both Jews and Gentiles, i.e. the whole world. It was the year that Jesus was baptised; the year He was manifested to His people. It was the year He began to fulfill the promises made to the fathers ; the beginning of the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy (the Jubilee year). Is it any wonder that the first evangels began their message by preaching "The Kingdom of God, saying the time is fulfilled?" What time was fulfilled ? There was only one time to be fulfilled and that was the prophecy of Daniel. Just as Daniel "understood by books the number of years whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah," Dan. 9 :2, and therefore knew the time had come for the Jews to return to Jerusalem, SO John the Baptist and Christ knew that the time specified by the angel Gabriel had been fulfilled. This set time was so certain and so determined by God that when Jesus was first attacked by His enemies He said, "My time is not yet come, " John 7:6, but in John 13 :1 it says, "Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew His HOUR WAS COME." (Compare John 2 :4 ; 7 :30 ; 8 :20 ; 12 :23 ; and 17 :1)

Edited by DonkeySpeaksAgain
additional info
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 3/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, DonkeySpeaksAgain said:

Hi Don,

I think you should reference this article to the  "Historicist". 

This is the same teaching as Seven Day Adventist.

Are you a SDA?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 3/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, JoeCanada said:

Hi Don,

I think you should reference this article to the  "Historicist". 

This is the same teaching as Seven Day Adventist.

Are you a SDA?

Yes, it is from the SDA Historicist view, but I purposely left out the ending. I am in no way a SDA, nor do I agree or support their theology.

You have an interesting quote at the bottom of your posts. Do you also see how people are extremely reluctant to change their "Eschatological" opinion once it gets deeply rooted? Do you believe the person's theology will get in the way of interpreting prophecy? What if "theology" overrules "prophecy"? What then -- dishonesty? Very serious questions - are we defending Scripture (prophecy) or are we defending our theology (man-made doctrines)? Which is more accurate; prophecy or theology? Finally, do people really want the TRUTH if it would force them to change their theology? That is when/where the Holy Spirit must work because simple facts alone (truth) are not enough to change most people's opinion.

For instance, the SDA's (and Amillennialists) will not budge on the idea that the 70th week is fully completed. The Scriptural and historical evidence suggests that the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, but they will continue to insist that the entire prophecy is completed "by the Church" (just like the Amillennialists). They are forced to spiritualize ALMOST everything in Revelation to make it fit into their theology even though it falls apart with minimal scrutiny.

On the other hand, Premillennialists are forced to accept a "futurist" position which forces ALMOST everything into the future. Why can't there be something "in-between" - a sort of combination of the two? I know, almost all premillennialists interpret the 9:27 covenant as a FUTURE event associated with the A/C, but I strongly disagree with that assumption. That puts the entire ministry and death of Jesus OUTSIDE of the 70 weeks time frame. That transfers the subject of the prophecy from Jesus over to Satan. Satan makes a covenant, then breaks it, then destroys the newly rebuilt temple BECAUSE it is an abomination to God. It takes too much imagination for me to accept that all that refers to Satan and NOT Jesus. I believe all of it is based on the false assumption rooted in the Dan. 9:27 "covenant".

I can be convinced to change my mind IF THERE WERE BIBLICAL EVIDENCE for such events. I just cannot find it in any OT prophecies (or Revelation). Something so important surely would NOT be left out of ALL other prophecies concerning the 2nd coming and tribulation right before it. It should be a pivotal and KEY event in BOTH NT and OT prophecy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  769
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.08
  • Days Won:  1

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:

Jesus covenant is everlasting covenant, not one week.

Hebrew 13:20 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal COVENANT, even Jesus our Lord,

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

3 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:

Jesus covenant is everlasting covenant, not one week.

Hebrew 13:20 Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal COVENANT, even Jesus our Lord,

You are definitely correct that the covenant is everlasting, but there is also an earthly time limit during which Jesus is specifically the Jewish Christ bringing salvation to Israel as promised. The prophecy is for the Jews, the 490 years are especially focussed on them.  The promise is made in v25, an anointed prince is promised, who will eventually put an end to sin, and bring in everlasting righteousness.

This anointed one preached for 3.5 years bringing salvation specifically to Jews, THEN the crucifixion opened the way to all nations to hear the gospel and this broke the Jewish timeline.

BUT in future, when there is a great victory of the "fullness of the nations" (Romans 11:25) then the blindness of the Jews will be lifted and they will be open to the gospel again.  This time frame of the gospel to Jews is also 3.5 years, because we know the great victory of the gospel occurs in Rev 12. After that great victory there is only 3.5 years left. 

TIMELINE:   

a) 3.5 years openness of Jews to the Messiah  (Jesus ministry)

b) crucifixion

c) gospel to the nations

d) Great victory of the fullness of the nations

e) 3.5 years of openness of Jews to the Messiah (Great Tribulation)

The openness of the Jews is 3.5 years, plus 3.5 years =  SEVEN YEARS Jesus is the Anointed to the Jews as promised in v25.   

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

5 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

You are definitely correct that the covenant is everlasting, but there is also an earthly time limit during which Jesus is specifically the Jewish Christ bringing salvation to Israel as promised. The prophecy is for the Jews, the 490 years are especially focussed on them.  The promise is made in v25, an anointed prince is promised, who will eventually put an end to sin, and bring in everlasting righteousness.

This anointed one preached for 3.5 years bringing salvation specifically to Jews, THEN the crucifixion opened the way to all nations to hear the gospel and this broke the Jewish timeline.

BUT in future, when there is a great victory of the "fullness of the nations" (Romans 11:25) then the blindness of the Jews will be lifted and they will be open to the gospel again.  This time frame of the gospel to Jews is also 3.5 years, because we know the great victory of the gospel occurs in Rev 12. After that great victory there is only 3.5 years left. 

TIMELINE:   

a) 3.5 years openness of Jews to the Messiah  (Jesus ministry)

b) crucifixion

c) gospel to the nations

d) Great victory of the fullness of the nations

e) 3.5 years of openness of Jews to the Messiah (Great Tribulation)

The openness of the Jews is 3.5 years, plus 3.5 years =  SEVEN YEARS Jesus is the Anointed to the Jews as promised in v25.   

Where is your One Seven year period as stated in v.24 and v. 27.  The original prophecy says; 70 - Seven year periods are decreed, or 70 Weeks of years.  Not 69 Sevens plus half of a seven and then another half of a seven (I would call this scales over someones eyes). I would say many are misinterpreting Scripture, thus their whole narrative is wrong.

In Christ

Montana Marv

2 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Where is your One Seven year period as stated in v.24 and v. 27.  The original prophecy says; 70 - Seven year periods are decreed, or 70 Weeks of years.  Not 69 Sevens plus half of a seven and then another half of a seven (I would call this scales over someones eyes). I would say many are misinterpreting Scripture, thus their whole narrative is wrong.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I believe the fulfilments of v24 have not been fully fulfilled by the first advent, which necessitates a gap in the 70 year period.    To find where that gap is, we need to look for when the JEWISH ONLY period stopped, and included Gentiles.

32 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

I believe the fulfilments of v24 have not been fully fulfilled by the first advent, which necessitates a gap in the 70 year period.    To find where that gap is, we need to look for when the JEWISH ONLY period stopped, and included Gentiles.

Where is your whole apple.  70 Apples are determined.  70 Sevens (Weeks of years),  Not half Weeks of years

In Christ

Montana Marv

6 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Where is your whole apple.  70 Apples are determined.  70 Sevens (Weeks of years),  Not half Weeks of years

In Christ

Montana Marv

Where is your fulfilment that there is no sin in Jerusalem?  

2 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

Where is your fulfilment that there is no sin in Jerusalem?  

Ezk 43:4 - The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the Gate facing East.  And the glory of the Lord filled the Temple.   This is where I will live among the Israelites forever (v.7) The house of Israel will never again defile my Holy Name.  That sums it up.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• This is Worthy 1