• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

As For Me...

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom you will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." The last part of Joshua 24:15 is a well known phrase that is found framed and mounted upon walls of Christian homes around the world. If you are the head of your household you can state that you and those who reside within your home will follow the Lord and serve him. But in truth, many families are not united in faith and are not united in purpose and not all follow the same path. My children are grown and each must follow the path that is set before them, but we did raise our children to believe in the Lord God and the Lord Jesus and to obey them and to serve them. In our world today we often hear people who claim to speak for the majority. Some of the values that we see on display and the opinions that we hear by some who say that they represent the majority of a particular segment of the population does not always appear to be truly representative of that majority. I find that I am rarely in a position to speak for others with total assurance that my words are reflective of their hearts and minds. I come to the conclusion that I can always honesty say, "as for me." I can speak of my values, my convictions, my beliefs, and my faith with the fullness of assurance, but it is difficult to speak for others unless you truly know their heart. I know the heart of my wife, and I can speak with assurance about many things, for we have shared values, convictions, belief and faith. It is good to know the hearts and minds of others, and it is a blessing to be close enough to others to know what they believe, but to speak with assurance that the majority feel a certain way is not an easy task. The Lord, however, can speak with assurance for he knows our hearts and minds and he knows our every thought, word and action. He can speak for you for he knows you. I am a minister and I preach from the Word of God, but for me to speak for the Lord God and his beloved Son I must know their heart and mind, and this is revealed in their Holy Word and I seek to understand and know their hearts. As for me... I will serve the Lord and I pray that I serve them well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

As For Me...

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom you will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." The last part of Joshua 24:15 is a well known phrase that is found framed and mounted upon walls of Christian homes around the world. If you are the head of your household you can state that you and those who reside within your home will follow the Lord and serve him. But in truth, many families are not united in faith and are not united in purpose and not all follow the same path. My children are grown and each must follow the path that is set before them, but we did raise our children to believe in the Lord God and the Lord Jesus and to obey them and to serve them. In our world today we often hear people who claim to speak for the majority. Some of the values that we see on display and the opinions that we hear by some who say that they represent the majority of a particular segment of the population does not always appear to be truly representative of that majority. I find that I am rarely in a position to speak for others with total assurance that my words are reflective of their hearts and minds. I come to the conclusion that I can always honesty say, "as for me." I can speak of my values, my convictions, my beliefs, and my faith with the fullness of assurance, but it is difficult to speak for others unless you truly know their heart. I know the heart of my wife, and I can speak with assurance about many things, for we have shared values, convictions, belief and faith. It is good to know the hearts and minds of others, and it is a blessing to be close enough to others to know what they believe, but to speak with assurance that the majority feel a certain way is not an easy task. The Lord, however, can speak with assurance for he knows our hearts and minds and he knows our every thought, word and action. He can speak for you for he knows you. I am a minister and I preach from the Word of God, but for me to speak for the Lord God and his beloved Son I must know their heart and mind, and this is revealed in their Holy Word and I seek to understand and know their hearts. As for me... I will serve the Lord and I pray that I serve them well. 

Hi;

May God grant you the desire of your heart. That you might serve Him well. I too have that desire. 

I will be standing with you before God, that you, me, and all that call on His name, will come to know Him. To the end that our personal relationship’s with Him, would grow up in Him, in all reality and all truth. So we might get our “abundant welcomes.”

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

Guest In Him
6 hours ago, Not me said:

Hi;

May God grant you the desire of your heart. That you might serve Him well. I too have that desire. 

I will be standing with you before God, that you, me, and all that call on His name, will come to know Him. To the end that our personal relationship’s with Him, would grow up in Him, in all reality and all truth. So we might get our “abundant welcomes.”

Blessings, 

Thank you, Tigger56 for the lovely post.

And Not me, I can thank you for your beautiful heart-felt prayers before The Throne, because I am included in ‘all that call upon His Name’. My greatest desire is to know and love Him more; togrow up into Him” and to praise Him more. For He alone is Worthy of our continual praise. For we are HIS and HIS alone. And He will grant our heart’s desire because it is His!

Yesterday, in church, I briefly pointed to, and emphasized the word abundantly...(vs hearing Well done, good and faithful servant).

I have often thought what could be greater than to hear the invitation to enter into the joy of the Lord? To me, it would have to more than eclipse the joy that we have known thus far. The “abundant welcomes” that you mentioned, caused me to ponder the word...and I can only imagine...

Strong's Greek: 4053. περισσός (perissos) -- abundant

Thayer's  Greek Lexicon. From peri (in the sense of beyond); superabundant (in quantity) or superior (in quality); by implication, excessive;

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2Peter 1:11

His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:23

For His glory! \0/

PS Your words/prayer "in all reality and all truth" still  rings in my ears...had to add it :) because of awareness of 'religious spirits'.

Edited by In Him

59 minutes ago, In Him said:

Thank you, Tigger56 for the lovely post.

And Not me, I can thank you for your beautiful heart-felt prayers before The Throne, because I am included in ‘all that call upon His Name’. My greatest desire is to know and love Him more; togrow up into Him” and to praise Him more. For He alone is Worthy of our continual praise. For we are HIS and HIS alone. And He will grant our heart’s desire because it is His!

Yesterday, in church, I briefly pointed to, and emphasized the word abundantly...(vs hearing Well done, good and faithful servant).

I have often thought what could be greater than to hear the invitation to enter into the joy of the Lord? To me, it would have to more than eclipse the joy that we have known thus far. The “abundant welcomes” that you mentioned, caused me to ponder the word...and I can only imagine...

Strong's Greek: 4053. περισσός (perissos) -- abundant

Thayer's  Greek Lexicon. From peri (in the sense of beyond); superabundant (in quantity) or superior (in quality); by implication, excessive;

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2Peter 1:11

His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:23

For His glory! \0/

PS Your words/prayer "in all reality and all truth" still  rings in my ears...had to add it :) because of awareness of 'religious spirits'.

PPS It just dawned on me that the scriptures are speaking of the same thing...abundant entrance and entrance into His Joy?

Absolutely!  (To be used of God to bring joy to another believer’s heart, thank you for the privilege) ...You most certainly are included as one of God’s most dearly beloved, in the prayer “all those that call” etc. 

May God grant you too,  your desire of your heart, to be all of His, in all that you do, say, think, dream, hope and desire. So this abundant welcome would be yours beyond all measure.

I too have thought the thought, hoping and dreaming and wishing to get my “well done.” If I can accomplish this, in my time here in this world, regardless of what I have to go through or not go through, I will have been a success. Moreover if I can add the abundant to that, my heart rejoices and overflows and even weeps at the possibility.

Thank you for stirring up the thought(s) again. 

Oh the joy! Oh the glory! 

To actually have done what He has asked,  when we stand before Him. Could there possibly be any greater thing?

Oh the prayer;

“all of Him and nothing of me” 

To give this prayer substance and reality.  

Blessings to you my fellow laborer in Christ, 

Guest In Him
3 minutes ago, Not me said:

Absolutely!  (To be used of God to bring joy to another believer’s heart, thank you for the privilege) ...You most certainly are included as one of God’s most dearly beloved, in the prayer “all those that call” etc. 

May God grant you too,  your desire of your heart, to be all of His, in all that you do, say, think, dream, hope and desire. So this abundant welcome would be yours beyond all measure.

I too have thought the thought, hoping and dreaming and wishing to get my “well done.” If I can accomplish this, in my time here in this world, regardless of what I have to go through or not go through, I will have been a success. Moreover if I can add the abundant to that, my heart rejoices and overflows and even weeps at the possibility.

Thank you for stirring up the thought(s) again. 

Oh the joy! Oh the glory! 

To actually have done what He has asked,  when we stand before Him. Could there possibly be any greater thing?

Oh the prayer;

“all of Him and nothing of me” 

To give this prayer substance and reality.  

Blessings to you my fellow laborer in Christ, 

Oh my! Who could follow this? was my initial knee-jerk reaction. Thank you!

I shared with a friend/sister yesterday, about my first post and the first words you replied to me, "All of Him and nothing of me" (when I first joined Worthy).

I took it as a prayer over me and have prayed it, pondered the truth and reality of it, as well as causing others to stop and consider it. There's a lot in those 7 words!

I have parroted many of your words/posts and happy to report that everyone has been astonished as to my growth! But me thinks I'm just good at quoting Words that bless and cause me to want  to 'reckon myself dead' and alive unto Him. :) Who knows? But it IS a most glorious, awesome commandment once you see it and experience it! Praise God!

Multitude blessings!

In Him

1 minute ago, In Him said:

Oh my! Who could follow this? was my initial knee-jerk reaction. Thank you!

I shared with a friend/sister yesterday, about my first post and the first words you replied to me, "All of Him and nothing of me" (when I first joined Worthy).

I took it as a prayer over me and have prayed it, pondered the truth and reality of it, as well as causing others to stop and consider it. There's a lot in those 7 words!

I have parroted many of your words/posts and happy to report that everyone has been astonished as to my growth! But me thinks I'm just good at quoting Words that bless and cause me to want  to 'reckon myself dead' and alive unto Him. :) Who knows? But it IS a most glorious, awesome commandment once you see it and experience it! Praise God!

Multitude blessings!

In Him

The joy that is yours is contagious. For you put a smile on my face and joy in my heart. This truth you are coming into, the truth and reality of your death in Christ, is a most glorious one. For it is the foundation of our salvation in Christ. It is the mechanism of how God gets rid of the old us, that the new us might grow in its place. Remember these words;

“it is to the degree a believer apprehends or makes their own, their deaths in Christ, it is to that degree can Christ be formed in the believer.”

This truth is the truth of truths when it comes to our salvation. All things will grow from this ground. This truth will become your all, for it is the doorway into heaven for your soul. 

For dying to self is a painful and sometimes a very lonely thing. Know for a certainty, that the joy and life that will be manifested and experienced in the season that proceeds the dying is and will be of no comparison. Scripture calls it like a woman giving birth, the pain is forgotten as soon as the child is born for the joy. The pain of dying will be seen to be as a nothing, compared to the increase of Christ you will experience in your innermost being. 

Purpose in your heart to be a Mary and not a Martha. Knowing that Mary chose the good part and it will never ever be taken away from her/you. 

Have more to say but it is of a private nature will be sending you a pm when I get the chance. 

Blessings and much love in Christ, Not me