• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi community,

in another thread, a poster seemed to have a problem with alpha females at church.

But when we read Gal 3:28 about the Kingdom of God...

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

... we find out that, in the kingdom of God, women are like men. According to my own interpretation.

So some alpha females at work is what we should expect when we see there are alpha males also. Wouldn't you think so?

I feel even tempted to think alpha women yes please. Since they do the work.

We need people who fortify the weak, strengthen the family unit, edify the newbies in faith, settle conflicts, feed the hungry in a spiritual sense, edify the fellowship between believers, go after the lost and much more.

Men can't do that alone.

Please note I'm not talking about women's role in wedlock. This post is solely about their role at church/within the kingdom of God.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

there is only one "Alpha" in this equation.  And  it is He  who  said there is no male or female distinctions in His Body.  So why even frame it up in those terms?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

this is a really stupid question but what is a alpha female???

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I'm not too certain that anyone should be "alpha" or "omega". You're either too pushy or you're a complete doormat.

One should know when to push and when to relax. If you push your troops forward and forward, marching all the time, they will tire out and die easily. If you run and you run, retreating with your tail tucked between your legs, you will only be stabbed in the back while you try to flee. Instead, a person should know and learn how and when to do both.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, dr3032 said:

You're either too pushy or you're a complete doormat.

this is getting too personal, I think, please don't discuss me as a person. Thanks, this is a great place for debating topics, I think.

Thomas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi community,

in another thread, a poster seemed to have a problem with alpha females at church.

But when we read Gal 3:28 about the Kingdom of God...

... we find out that, in the kingdom of God, women are like men. According to my own interpretation.

So some alpha females at work is what we should expect when we see there are alpha males also. Wouldn't you think so?

I feel even tempted to think alpha women yes please. Since they do the work.

We need people who fortify the weak, strengthen the family unit, edify the newbies in faith, settle conflicts, feed the hungry in a spiritual sense, edify the fellowship between believers, go after the lost and much more.

Men can't do that alone.

Please note I'm not talking about women's role in wedlock. This post is solely about their role at church/within the kingdom of God.

Regards,

Thomas

It is good for a woman to do a good job in what she does for the Church. The Bible states that a woman should not be a Pastor or Deacon of a Church. So whatever her role is she should do it for the glory of God. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

Hi Jos,

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

there is only one "Alpha" in this equation.

Amen.

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

So why even frame it up in those terms?

2 hours ago, shortangel said:

what is a alpha female?

Hi Shortangel,

Oh I mean women in leadership roles. Women like Deborah - Judges 4:4 - and Miriam in Exodus 15:20.

Thomas

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It is good for a woman to do a good job in what she does for the Church. The Bible states that a woman should not be a Pastor or Deacon of a Church. So whatever her role is she should do it for the glory of God. 

Let all bask in what miss muffet has said .   OH such wonderous pure words .    Oh it might seem old fashioned , BUT ITS TRUTH .

When a lady loves the LORD you can see it and she desires nothing that exalts the flesh or contradicts the true biblical pattern.

Same for any one who loves the LORD .      Man , its rare and rarer these days , but man when its seen that the true pure pattern is loved , its like a fire cracker of joy expressed

in the inner most being .   I can tell miss muffet aint no modern day lets twist the pattern type o lady .    YOU LOVED DEAR SISTER .   You are .  

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

6 hours ago, shortangel said:

this is a really stupid question but what is a alpha female???

There is no such thing sis.  That characterization  is an artificial (and false) construct designed to provoke an argument...not Biblical

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

There is One alpha, one omega.  And He is God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.   He is the alpha masculine compared to Whom  we  ALL seem feminine.  And it  is HE who said:

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is much confusion surrounding this issue due to  the fact that we are created in His image, US - together - male and female, united in marriage  bonds and capable of pro-creation - which is an IMAGE of the Trinity Himself. 

We get lost in the fact there is a gender element in the IMAGE that reflects a heavenly reality that has nothing to do with gender or sex - but instead models the  Oneness of the  Godhead in a type.   The unified diversity of three persons in One intended to be modeled in the  human family. 

In this image dad stands as representative of  God the Father, protector, provider and seat of authority.  Mom stands as representing  the  Holy Spirit, the comforter, the "paraclete" (one who pulls along side) and the  very  POWER of the  Father.  Children (both male and female) stand as representative of the Son, Jesus, the Word going forth  from the  Father  to  do His will, obedient to Father and Mother.

As with any image, this  image shows a representation of an object, but  it is NOT that thing.  So we get lost  in the fact the  image is portraying oneness in a uniquely exclusive relationship which provides boundaries for safe reproduction of offspring in our own image.  But the reality is not the  image and what (in the image) is portrayed in terms of gender and sexual union, is portraying a reality that has nothing to do with gender  or sex.  

And of course after the  image was designed and created (in perfection)  a little thing called sin and the fall happened.  The image itself became marred, though  still recognizable.  More confusion.  But He can and does sort that confusion out :)  We just have to  unlearn some wrong things we came to believe about  Who God is due to flaws in earthly  fathers and mothers who  no longer perfectly represent Him, and of course we ourselves who even as children were "broken" and did  not always accurately respond to mother and father as Jesus  would.

But the bottom line is the Kingdom is a very strange place to human thinking.  A place where women are sons and men are a Bride and we all sorta get to stand in the  whole in various ways at various times :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

thank you for shareing that jostler,  I was thinking that maybe Alpha females were women pastors or prophetesses???  could that also mean that???