• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

On 3/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Let all bask in what miss muffet has said .   OH such wonderous pure words .    Oh it might seem old fashioned , BUT ITS TRUTH .

When a lady loves the LORD you can see it and she desires nothing that exalts the flesh or contradicts the true biblical pattern.

Same for any one who loves the LORD .      Man , its rare and rarer these days , but man when its seen that the true pure pattern is loved , its like a fire cracker of joy expressed

in the inner most being .   I can tell miss muffet aint no modern day lets twist the pattern type o lady .    YOU LOVED DEAR SISTER .   You are .  

bolded mine

Hi Frienduff,

as Willa just pointed out here the teaching you're eloquently hailing was flawed.

Regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 hours ago, thomas t said:

bolded mine

Hi Frienduff,

as Willa just pointed out here the teaching you're eloquently hailing was flawed.

Regards,

Thomas

The thing is , I never said they cant write books .     Assume not .    They cannot however usurp authority over the man .      They can write whatever they want .

And we got some wonderful sisters here that do just that .  One writes the most encouraging poems I have ever seen , SWIDL or turtle two .

Lets not assume .  But what miss muffet said , WAS , and IS solid truth .      Thus my encouragement held no flaws .    But I guess its better you brought it up

so at least you wouldn't just think I thought such things .      But yeah , No woman can lead a church  .     Lets keep it like the true ones did .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

But what miss muffet said , WAS , and IS solid truth .

Frienduff, please...

Missmuffet wrote:

On 3/18/2019 at 6:45 PM, missmuffet said:

The Bible states that a woman should not be a Pastor or Deacon of a Church.

bolded mine.

Willa answered this by saying that Phoebe was a deacon in the Bible (Romans 16:1). So Bible makes it clear that at least the notion that women can't be deacons was flawed.

People here sometimes hail complete nonsense, so please Frienduff, it might be helpful to take a closer look next time at what you want to be solid truth ?.

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

usurp authority

usurping is always wrong, I guess ?.

Remember, we as Christians have a serious problem concerning the absence of good workers, as anounced in the Bible.

Regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, thomas t said:

Frienduff, please...

Missmuffet wrote:

bolded mine.

Willa answered this by saying that Phoebe was a deacon in the Bible (Romans 16:1). So Bible makes it clear that at least the notion that women can't be deacons was flawed.

People here sometimes hail complete nonsense, so please Frienduff, it might be helpful to take a closer look next time at what you want to be solid truth ?.

Remember, we as Christians have a serious problem concerning the absence of good workers, as anounced in the Bible.

Regards,

Thomas

Deborah in the Tanach proves that when the men cower, God chooses women for all kinds of activities.

However, the spirit of Jezebel is rampant today, so I would tread very carefully here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, thomas t said:

Frienduff, please...

Missmuffet wrote:

bolded mine.

Regards,

Thomas

The Bible could have been referring Phoebe was a servant. Who took care of the sick and homeless in the Church. But that is still not clear. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, thomas t said:

Frienduff, please...

Missmuffet wrote:

bolded mine.

Regards,

Thomas

When men like rick warren and the emergent camp and scores of others with this rome move are n place and adored by most,   Yeah I must admit we got a whole lot of absence of good workers ,  and mainly false ones .   But don't let that get you down .      The few will exhort onward in the LORD and do all to contend for the true faith .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Alpha women can take on tasks and manage to take mass chaos and calm down workers and get things done amicably accepting valid suggestions that make quick work. Then.....there are alpha females who run roughshod over the group and are so dominant there is no room for alternate ideas only theirs, making associating with their leadership perhaps comparable to bullying.

I have worked with both in the church....

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible could have been referring Phoebe was a servant. Who took care of the sick and homeless in the Church. But that is still not clear. 

Hi MissMuffet,

what is a Deacon other than a servant?

The Bible is very clear for the word used for Phoebe in Romans 16:1 is diakonos.

Mm, I know you have a great potential, and I like your style. But don't play word games, here, please?.

To use a source, here is gotquestions:

Question: "What is the meaning of diakonia in the Bible?"

Answer: Diakonia (Greek) is a noun used 32 times in the New Testament and variously translated as “ministry,” “service,” “relief,” or “support.” It is used in
Luke 10:40 of Martha’s meal preparations for the Lord, while Mary sat at His feet and listened to Him. It is used in Acts 6:1 referring to the “ministry of the Word” and in Acts 6:4 regarding the serving of food. In Acts 11:29 diakonia refers to famine relief in the form of a monetary contribution. In Acts 20:24 and 21:19, Paul uses the word to refer to his ministry among the Gentiles. In Romans 12:6–7 it is referred to as a spiritual gift—the gift of serving.
[...]
bolded mine

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
spelling

12 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

When men like rick warren and the emergent camp and scores of others with this rome move are n place and adored by most,   Yeah I must admit we got a whole lot of absence of good workers , 

I don't see where Rick Warren has anything to do with the absence of good workers. Just checked that one out on facebook, it's an evangelisation site.

My point here is: we should never disencourage any woman from serving at church, cause we need them!

Thomas

Edited by thomas t

6 hours ago, thomas t said:

I don't see where Rick Warren has anything to do with the absence of good workers. Just checked that one out on facebook, it's an evangelisation site.

My point here is: we should never disencourage any woman from serving at church, cause we need them!

Thomas

You must not know anything about rick warren .     Let me ask you a question .   If I put an orange peel around an apple and then call it an orange , does that make it an orange .

Thus just cause they call themselves evangelical ,    Don't make them so . 

Either you are a new christain or perhaps you just don't know anything about Him .    I strongly encourage you , avoid anything to do with that man or men who support such men .

• Thumbs Up 1