thomas t

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t know where to throw this in, but in modern lingo it’s “beta” that is used as the opposite of “alpha”. Not “omega”. Just saying. Carry on!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

you just don't know anything about him

spelling altered.

yes, that's true. Maybe it's a German thing. We know Bonhoeffer and things like that.

Frienduff, normally when we accuse seomone of something... we deliver proof. But this thread is about women, and Rick doesn't seem to fall in that category. So, can we drop the issue?

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

If I put an orange peel around an apple and then call it an orange , does that make it an orange .

it's an Applorange.?

Edited by thomas t
clarity (in the quote)
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, thomas t said:

spelling altered.

yes, that's true. Maybe it's a German thing. We know Bonhoeffer and things like that.

Frienduff, normally when we accuse seomone of something... we deliver proof. But this thread is about women, and Rick doesn't seem to fall in that category. So, can we drop the issue?

it's an Applorange.?

Yep its an applorange , not to be confused with an orange apple .   We gotta be on guard big .      No one wants the mix of man indoctrinating churches .

OH let the peoples just desire the Word and words of GOD , from which our minds are created and refreshed anew in Christ .  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/18/2019 at 6:45 AM, thomas t said:

Hi community,

in another thread, a poster seemed to have a problem with alpha females at church.

But when we read Gal 3:28 about the Kingdom of God...

... we find out that, in the kingdom of God, women are like men. According to my own interpretation.

So some alpha females at work is what we should expect when we see there are alpha males also. Wouldn't you think so?

I feel even tempted to think alpha women yes please. Since they do the work.

We need people who fortify the weak, strengthen the family unit, edify the newbies in faith, settle conflicts, feed the hungry in a spiritual sense, edify the fellowship between believers, go after the lost and much more.

Men can't do that alone.

Please note I'm not talking about women's role in wedlock. This post is solely about their role at church/within the kingdom of God.

Regards,

Thomas

Each of us is fearfully and wonderfully made in His likeness. We each have our own thumbprint that is a one of a kind stamp from God. I imagine it takes the sea of humanity before the throne of God to display His multi facit attributes. God made and used Deborah and he made and used Ester for such a time as this. We probably are using ourself or our own comfort zone as a measuring rod when we start thinking we should tell people man or women who they should be like. He takes us just as we are and he can use our rough edges, our our polished sides as he does his perfect works in the body of Christ.

At the same time it is probably not good to let any strong person practice domination, intimidation, manipulation or control in the church. So we probably need to stand up in truth and love, pray alot and practice patient endurance. while strong personalities are developing fruit of the spirit and fighting their flesh.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

My little dog is an alpha female.  The breeder sent a letter with her telling how she always ate fast and then shoved the other puppies out of their dishes so she could eat theirs as well.  I was told to take her through puppy training and obedience so I could become her alpha.  I learned how to be alpha by going through AKC dog training.  lol.