• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

14 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I want to join other faiths' forums and just compare and exchange thoughts. However, i hesitate about Muslims. Something tells me not to go there. I feel danger. Hard to explain. I tried reading the Quran couple of times and found i just couldn't. There was a 'deadness' to it, it just filled me with dread. Why i don't know. So far I've joined a Sikh one and they are very warm welcoming people. They are not troublesome people in this world and are charmingly happy to answer questions. I aim to join a Jewish and a catholic one, i have so many questions. 

Am i wrong about Islam? I just have such a bad feeling about them and a sense of real evil. If i am wrong i am sorry. Surely we should welcome dialogue with all and regard it as an opportunity to influence all for the good without being patronising? It's important to open our minds and spread peace and respect - this confirms not undermines confidence in our own Faith always in our precious Lord Jesus Christ. Each time we build bridges we are weakening the devil's plans.  

Just love Muslims as your neighbors and do unto others as you would have them do unto you, like the Lord teaches us.   It might depend on which country they are from but the Muslims I have encountered have been friendly.

I never plan to read the Quran but just have a basic idea of their beliefs.   Muslims believe in the Virgin birth... perhaps we can, given the opportunity, explain why the Virgin birth was necessary.   So Jesus Christ would be without sin and therefore able to pay the penalty for our sins.   Also, I read a Muslim was very impressed to learn that Christ rose from the dead.   (They think someone else died on the cross and God took Jesus up to Heaven/Paradise.) Perhaps we can explain Jesus conquered sin, death and the devil by rising from the dead.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

P.S.   Since Muslims don't know if God will send them to Paradise or Hell, they usually are trying very hard to have enough good works to balance out the bad things they did.    Once they accept Christ as Savior, they finally have peace about this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I have seen it reported that presently, Iran is seeing more Muslims convert to Christianity than any other country in the world.....what great news that is!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, naominash said:

I was referring to my own past instance where I engaged with a Muslim.

He was surrounded by Christians and they all ganged up on him in an online chatroom.

I felt like that was an opportunity to represent the glory of Jesus---wasted.

it might have been...…     but I would want to know what the muslim was doing there to feel sorry for him/her.    If he/she was just trying to understand Christians, I would agree with you.

I don't want to sound like I have a big problem with Muslims, for I really don't.....   but I do have a huge problem with Islam.   Muslims are just misguided folks that need Jesus same as I did/do......

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

So, has anyone here ever joined forums of other faiths?

Shalom Melinda, 

I have joined Atheist and Jewish forums before. It didn't really lead anywhere fruitful!  Some people act differently online, much as they do in cars (road rage). I would suggest  Q&A websites to help you, if you have questions.

Now consider this. How many users on here are doing the same thing right now? Masquerading as Christians in order to research or maybe even disrupt things, in the worse cases  That may well be happening and we would be foolish to rule out the possibility.    If that idea makes you uncomfortable, then it wouldn't be right for you to join other forums, it would be hypocritical.  If that idea doesn't bother you, then go in peace, remembering not to compromise your words for the sake of secrecy and being harmless as a dove.

Love & Shalom 

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Melinda, 

I have joined Atheist and Jewish forums before. It didn't really lead anywhere fruitful!  Some people act differently online, much as they do in cars (road rage). I would suggest  Q&A websites to help you, if you have questions.

Now consider this. How many users on here are doing the same thing right now? Masquerading as Christians in order to research or maybe even disrupt things, in the worse cases  That may well be happening and we would be foolish to rule out the possibility.    If that idea makes you uncomfortable, then it wouldn't be right for you to join other forums, it would be hypocritical.  If that idea doesn't bother you, then go in peace, remembering not to compromise your words for the sake of secrecy and being harmless as a dove.

Love & Shalom 

Hi

Good points. I am very confident and open about being christian. On the sikh forum i have told them this and asked if they mind me asking some questions. They say they welcome all faiths. 

I am respectful but asking searching questions. I have a user name for safety only as i do not ever disclose personal information. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, SelahSong said:

I have no desire to understand other faiths.  There is only ONE FAITH.  AMEN!    … Selah

Ephesians 4:5-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in [a]you all.

Sister I want to remind us of a pure and wonderful truth .    Right now we should both be praising the LORD in overtime

That HE alone has given us this knowledge that we need to learn ONLY FROM HIM and nothing else . Because many are world wise

and are being tricked by pastors and world wise men that they NEED to know other religions . ITS ALL A SHAM SISTER .    OUR TRUST must be in HE ALONE .

AND its HIS grace ALONE that even gives us this knowledge that We need HIM ALONE .   MAN , is the LORD NOT MERCIFUL and GOOD to his lambs .

We should be doing a praise fest of upmost thankfulness to HIM .     When its says YE are saved by GRACE alone ,  HOW TRUE THIS IS .

WE got no desire to learn from what is false , BECAUSE HE TELLS US HE IS ALL WE NEED to be a witness to any one .