• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

Greetings Worthy friends,

Last night my four year old was telling me about two friends from church. The funny thing was that though they both got her name wrong,  she only corrected one of them. 

It was a great reminder how we relate to others differently, even without realizing it.

I think of Job and his friends. Can you imagine what it was like for Job to hear from a friend that he must have done something wrong?

Thinking of Jobs friends, how do we know when to share our opinion or when to keep it to ourselves?

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with friends and what makes a good friend. 

I hope you have a great week.

• Loved it! 1

Guest In Him
2 hours ago, Annette said:

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences with friends and what makes a good friend. 

Greetings Annette.

The Lord has shown me that a friend that points only to Christ is better by far than any and all other...combined. I've been blessed with such a friend, and pray to become one like that.

"This world is passing away and everything in it. We have been crucified to the world and the world to us. Blessings to those that would be willing to be dead in Christ to all the things of this world, so that Christ may be lifted up; so that all men might see Him written in our hearts."

What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life—and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us—what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete. John 1:1-4

Blessings,

In Him

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello Annette, dear sister

I have learned over the years, in churches and elsewhere, what to share with people and what is only to be shared with one or two.

I love the women at my church.  However, I have to use wisdom with what I share and with whom.  Just a small example:

Early in my time here (my church), I was sharing something deep and meaningful with a sister when all of a sudden she saw someone coming through the door, looked at them and went to greet them.  Some people lack sensitivity and I have learned that, although she is precious, special and warm, she is not the one with whom I share deep things as her attention span is limited.

There are many things I only share with my husband and Jesus.  They are too precious to be treated lightly.  I also keep that in mind when sharing on this forum, and hope that, if I err, someone will show me where I have gone wrong.

We also have to be careful, as turtletwo (thanks, sis, for your very worthy reply) has pointed out, that everything is to be done in love.

God bless you all.  SA2

• Loved it! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Turtle, all I can suggest is to wait for a time when they are hurting; then try to be a better friend to them than they were to you.  I didn't know you had been hurt and am so sorry.  You are going through a very hard time.  Many people don't know what to say when loved ones die.  They want to help.  

We all so appreciate your encouraging words over the last few years and the effort you have made to make Worthy a more positive place to visit.  You have done so much to make this a better place.  Thank you.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

To answer Annette with your original question regarding whether to say anything, or not, it would be my answer to say that, "we need be sensitive to The Holy Spirit's leading." So much to learn regarding the "power" of the tongue, with it we bless, and with it we curse (negativity). Our life here is very much a "learning curve" isn't it, sometimes we need to extend more grace, and definitely a lot more love.

Love and blessings to you all.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Annette said:

Greetings Worthy friends,

Last night my four year old was telling me about two friends from church. The funny thing was that though they both got her name wrong,  she only corrected one of them. 

It was a great reminder how we relate to others differently, even without realizing it.

I think of Job and his friends. Can you imagine what it was like for Job to hear from a friend that he must have done something wrong?

Thinking of Jobs friends, how do we know when to share our opinion or when to keep it to ourselves?

I hope you have a great week.

We are humans. We react out of emotion. We are not fair. We often do not love others the way God wants us to love them. Sometimes we think we can trust a friend and they disappoint us. We do not take the opinions from a nonbeliever. And even some believers will not give us a truly Godly answer. That is where our Christian discernment comes in. 

God bless Annette and God be with you this week. :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Guest In Him

@turtletwo Hey sis, thought of you when I found this beautiful commentary within John 1:1-4 (from which I posted above). 

That essential Good, that uncreated Excellence, which had been from the beginning, from eternity, as equal with the Father, and which at length appeared in human nature for the salvation of sinners, was the great subject concerning which the apostle wrote to his brethren. The apostles had seen Him while they witnessed his wisdom and holiness, his miracles, and love and mercy, during some years, till they saw him crucified for sinners, and afterwards risen from the dead. They touched him, so as to have full proof of his resurrection. This Divine Person, the Word of life, the Word of God, appeared in human nature, that he might be the Author and Giver of eternal life to mankind, through the redemption of his blood, and the influence of his new-creating Spirit. The apostles declared what they had seen and heard, that believers might share their comforts and everlasting advantages. They had free access to God the Father. They had a happy experience of the truth in their souls, and showed its excellence in their lives. This communion of believers with the Father and the Son, is begun and kept up by the influences of the Holy Spirit. The benefits Christ bestows, are not like the scanty possessions of the world, causing jealousies in others; but the joy and happiness of communion with God is all-sufficient, so that any number may partake of it; and all who are warranted to say, that truly their fellowship is with the Father, will desire to lead others to partake of the same blessedness.

Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary

Blessings,

In Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The goal: Share liberally of good, hold back all of that which is bad, and have an accountability partner. Give all glory to God alone.

Never slander and certainly never libel. Praise freely giving credit  to God. And thank you Lord for accountability  partners those relief valves that hold their tongue but care and  do share directly of the Bible and it's commands and precepts in common prayer and praise of God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

this is a great topic,  i'm currently reading the book of Job & I do agree that although Job's friends were trying to help they did nothing but tell him that something was wrong they were actualy no help at all,  they thought they were comforting him but they were shooting off their mouths,  I agree that we as believers need to be discerning about the company we keep

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1