IGNORED

New Zealand's sweeping gun reforms

Guest PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt
5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

No, I'm not saying any such thing. Muslim lives are neither more or less important than a Christians life. But the world is going nuts over 50 dead muslims, while over 200 Christians have been slaughtered and no one seems to even take notice. 

I am not in control of the news, and getting indignant about how Christian persecution is reported has no effect on how I feel about the murder of others. Does the fact that Christian victims of violence is less reported make you less empathetic towards others?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

5 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I am not in control of the news, and getting indignant about how Christian persecution is reported has no effect on how I feel about the murder of others. Does the fact that Christian victims of violence is less reported make you less empathetic towards others?

I wish you would stop assigning things to me that I never say. 

On the same day as the shootings in nz, it was reported that over 200 Christians were killed by islamic militants. 

On the same day as sandy hook shootings, there was a school massacre in china that was done by machete. 

The media and the world tends to ignore killings that do not fit their agendas. Shouldnt the world be just as upset over Christians massacred in africa as they are about muslims massacred? Shouldnt the world be just as upset over a school massacre in china done by machete as they are over a school shooting at sandy hook? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest PinkBelt
7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I wish you would stop assigning things to me that I never say. 

On the same day as the shootings in NZ, it was reported that over 200 Christians were killed by islamic militants. 

On the same day as sandy hook shootings, there was a school massacre in china that was done by machete. 

The media and the world tends to ignore killings that do not fit their agendas. Shouldn't the world be just as upset over Christians massacred in Africa as they are about muslims massacred? Shouldn't the world be just as upset over a school massacre in china done by machete as they are over a school shooting at sandy hook? 

I'm clarifying your intent because the subject was New Zealand's gun reforms compared to the US and you instead brought up how the media portrays violence.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I'm clarifying your intent because the subject was New Zealand's gun reforms compared to the US and you instead brought up how the media portrays violence.

Actually my comments were about how there is plenty of violence all over the world, against all sorts of people. Not just this one incident and not just gun violence. Strict gun laws wont change anything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Bottom line...this is not a problem that can be solved with legislation. Hatred, murder and violence start in the HEART. Laws cannot fix hatred or "isms." The problem is spiritual and too many people are blind to that. What do we really expect to happen in Western nations when we have practically outlawed Jesus? We are witnessing the direct results of over-embracing humanist lies and rejecting the Judeo-Christian ideals that cause nations to thrive and remain free. I don't know if the US is to the point of God punishing/judging...but we are certainly to the point where  God is forced to withhold blessings because of national sin.

How can we solve the problem of mass murder?  Only one possible way...EVANGELISM and living in obedience to God. Nothing else will work. Where citizens are controlled strictly, government does the murdering instead. True change does not happen without a true change of heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 3/18/2019 at 7:30 PM, PinkBelt said:

Pretty ironic statement considering it was at least 50 Muslims who were murdered by a nationalist.

I wouldn't call that person a nationalist....   he says he more relates to the Chinese Communist way of life.   The guy is very messed up in the head.   banning guns is really not going to help the situation, they will just use other weapons....   In China it is common to use knives and sometimes they kill over 20 or so....      Cain didn't have a gun.   Guns are the weapon of choice in the US for murder, but it's just because it is easier to use.....   if you ban guns altogether, there is no reason to think the murders won't still happen.    There are ways to kill large numbers of people besides guns but that's not a subject that needs to be discussed here....     a gun is a tool, same as a hammer or a knife or sword.     The problem here is an evil heart.   and there is no way to legislate that away.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,402
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

In the UK it is not lawful to carry guns and very few ( such as farmers ) have a licence to have them at all .. Knives are much easier to get hold of , such a common thing to have in every home and in London the killings by knife crime has increased by over 95% in one year alone mainly young people most of whom have never committed a crime nor hurt anyone else just " in the wrong place at the wrong time " Does that mean no one should be allowed to   have a knife ?  A few years ago it was acid attacks, during the troubles in Ireland it was nail bombs , not so long ago it was bombs set off at places like train stations and concerts so what do you think should be happening ? No amount of legislation is going to stop the maniacs who want their 15 mins of fame 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, PinkBelt said:

- I invite you to show me posts where someone corrected me with facts and I disregarded it.

- Most of those beaten people are still alive. You also can't kill dozens of people with a bat or machete.

- The constitution does not prohibit being "progressive". Do you seriously believe that? I follow the bible as best I can, I care not for the politics attached.

- Every country which eliminated assault rifles and implements of mass murder saw a dramatic drop in mass killings. Countries like Japan and the UK have strict gun control and gun related homicide is almost unheard of.

Gun free societies do not make people safe from mass murders. Knife deaths have increased dramatically in Japan, England and China.

Japan knife attack: stabbing at care centre leaves 19 dead

Man armed with knives attacks facility in Sagamihara, outside Tokyo, before telling police: ‘It is better that disabled people disappear’

A man who claimed he wanted to kill disabled people left at least 19 dead and 26 others injured after a knife attack at a care facility in Japan.

Petrified staff at the Tsukui Yamayuri En (Tsukui Lily Garden) facility in Sagamihara, south of Tokyo, called police at about 2.30am local time after the suspect, named as Satoshi Uematsu, launched his attack. It was the country’s worst mass killing in decades.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/25/tokyo-knife-attack-stabbing-sagamihara

Outside the Americas, Knives Are Often the Weapon of Choice in Homicides

More than 130 people in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random.

n Saturday, more than 130 people in a train station in Kunming, China, were injured when about ten men and women wielding knives began stabbing others at random, the BBC reports. The attackers, who authorities say might be members of a Muslim separatist group from Xinjiang province, used swords and meat cleavers to inflict damage on people lined up near the busy station's ticket counter. Officials stated that at least 28 people have been confirmed dead as a result of the attacks, Reuters reports

As shocking as Saturday's attack is, knife attacks are not uncommon in China. As Quartz reports, knives are often the weapon of choice there.

In the UK, 

There were 39,818 knife crime offences in the 12 months ending September 2018.

This is a two-thirds increase from the low-point in the year ending March 2014, when there were 23,945 offences, and is the highest number since comparable data was compiled.

These statistics do not include those from Greater Manchester Police because of data recording issues.

Out of the 44 police forces, 42 recorded a rise in knife crime since 2011.

All of the statistics here relate to England and Wales. Policing, criminal justice and sentencing are devolved in Scotland and Northern Ireland, which also collect crime data in slightly different ways.

In the latest figures, which include only selected knife offences, about half, 19,761, were assaults that caused an injury or where there was an intent to cause serious harm; a further 18,556 involved robberies.

MORE HERE,

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE JUST LIKE KNIVES AND SPOONS DONT MAKE PEOPLE FAT. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

Edited by HAZARD

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Celebrities and politicians around the world react to Jacinda Ardern’s gun ban.

High profile names have come out in support and praise for New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern’s decision to outlaw military-style guns. The world has reacted to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's swift decision to outlaw possession of all military-type semiautomatic weapons within a month.
Democratic Presidential Candidate Bernie Sanders praised Ms Ardern for taking immediate action following last Friday’s atrocities.

HERE'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN N.Z. AND AMERICA CELEBRITIES AND MOST POLITICIANS IGNORE AND HATE.

A representative for the National Rifle Association in the US, Dana Loesch, replied to Mr Sanders tweet, drawing comparisons between the rights of Americans and New Zealanders.
"The US isn't NZ. While they do not have an inalienable right to bear arms and to self defence, we do," Ms Loesch said.

https://www.news.com.au/world/celebrities-and-politicians-around-the-world-react-to-jacinda-arderns-gun-ban/news-story/e6048960e69403c0f8b465b9c1866335