• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Innocents Betrayed - A Brief History of 'Gun Confiscation'

The 'gun control' issue is all over the world, but the most robust resistance cmes form Americans. The 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees Americans the 'right' to keep and bear arms - and it wasn't about 'hunting' or 'personal safety' - it was to protect Americans from a tyrannical and despotic government!! This video gives an historical overview of how 'gun control' was used in other countries throughout more recent history e.g. Hitler's Germany, Mao's China etc., and the results of such policies. Americans and others around the world do not want to repeat that mistake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8tXtw-pUDM

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I live in NZ.  I'm happy that the type of weapon used by the murderer is going to be banned and that people who already own them can hand them in to the Police in a buy back scheme.  

Groups in NZ that typically have guns are farmers, hunters and sports people.  People walking around on the street in NZ don't carry guns on them.  The Police in NZ don't usually have a gun on them when they are in their uniform either.

There maybe a large international media focus on NZ because previously the largest mass shooting in NZ was in 1990 when 13 people were killed.  The murderer was an Australian.  

And yet a week after Cyclone Idai lashed southern Africa, flooding still raged Thursday as torrential rains caused a dam to overflow in Zimbabwe, threatening riverside populations.

The confirmed death toll in Zimbabwe, neighboring Mozambique and Malawi surpassed 500, with hundreds more feared dead in towns and villages that were completely submerged HARDLY GETS A MENTION IN THE NEWS? I wonder why?

12 minutes ago, Lavender said:

I live in NZ.  I'm happy that the type of weapon used by the murderer is going to be banned and that people who already own them can hand them in to the Police in a buy back scheme.  

Groups in NZ that typically have guns are farmers, hunters and sports people.  People walking around on the street in NZ don't carry guns on them.  The Police in NZ don't usually have a gun on them when they are in their uniform either.

There maybe a large international media focus on NZ because previously the largest mass shooting in NZ was in 1990 when 13 people were killed.  The murderer was an Australian.  

Many years ago when I was in High school and in the cadets I carried a 303 rifle to and from school on a train and no one batted an eyelid. There were about 100 pupils in the cadets at my school alone and they all took their firearms to and from school.

I still have firearms and I'm in my 70's and have never ever hurt anyone or anything, neither have my firearms broke out of my gun safe and went on a shooting spree.

Gun control is all about people control. People are killed by cars driven by people who are on drugs and are drunk. 

Number of deaths on NZ roads nears 200 just six months into 2018 .

Why is there no call for a car ban. How about a day of mourning. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/105138546/number-of-deaths-on-nz-roads-nears-200-just-six-months-into-2018

Edited by HAZARD

Guest PinkBelt
21 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Many years ago when I was in High school and in the cadets I carried a 303 rifle to and from school on a train and no one batted an eyelid. There were about 100 pupils in the cadets at my school alone and they all took their firearms to and from school.

I still have firearms and I'm in my 70's and have never ever hurt anyone or anything, neither have my firearms broke out of my gun safe and went on a shooting spree.

Gun control is all about people control. People are killed by cars driven by people who are on drugs and are drunk. 

Number of deaths on NZ roads nears 200 just six months into 2018 .

Why is there no call for a car ban. How about a day of mourning. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/105138546/number-of-deaths-on-nz-roads-nears-200-just-six-months-into-2018

You are a huge fan of false equivalency I see.

30 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

And yet a week after Cyclone Idai lashed southern Africa, flooding still raged Thursday as torrential rains caused a dam to overflow in Zimbabwe, threatening riverside populations.

The confirmed death toll in Zimbabwe, neighboring Mozambique and Malawi surpassed 500, with hundreds more feared dead in towns and villages that were completely submerged HARDLY GETS A MENTION IN THE NEWS? I wonder why?

How is a natural disaster and mass murder related? Unless you happen to live in Zimbabwe it was obviously reported enough for you to hear about.

Guest PinkBelt
On 3/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, HAZARD said:

Gun free societies do not make people safe from mass murders. Knife deaths have increased dramatically in Japan, England and China.

Japan knife attack: stabbing at care centre leaves 19 dead

Man armed with knives attacks facility in Sagamihara, outside Tokyo, before telling police: ‘It is better that disabled people disappear’

Clearly you didn't read the specifics of the case. This psychopath sneaked into a long term care facility and targeted people unable to move or scream. It wasn't like he barged into a crowd "knives blazing".

Most knife attacks are non-fatal, another fact you ignore.

So non-fatal knife attacks are ok then?

Jesus told His disciples to arm themselves before He sent them out, so they could protect themselves from robbers and murderers.

Luke 22:36 
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 

God also instigated the death penalty but oh no, we know better and banned this too. Murderers are being giver 15 to 20 years and then released, many to carry on with their criminal lives.

The sad thing for N.Z. firearms owners, based on experiences here In Australia, is that NZ shooters can now look forward to a lifetime of feeling like scapegoats for something they had nothing to do with, and a lifetime of dealing with a newly emboldened bureaucracy who's day to day work will be to come up with new and inventive ways of introducing just one more of those thousand cuts to get rid of firearms altogether.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

it's my understanding that the general public in Venezuela would give much to have their guns back...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Clearly you didn't read the specifics of the case. This psychopath sneaked into a long term care facility and targeted people unable to move or scream. It wasn't like he barged into a crowd "knives blazing".

Most knife attacks are non-fatal, another fact you ignore.

When you can pass laws to control human nature, savagery, blood lust, revenge, depression, insanity and all the other causes, maybe then, you will be able to find a way to control the instrument and the act.