IGNORED

New Zealand's sweeping gun reforms

Guest PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt

I stopped paying much attention to this thread since people are intent on using strawmen and false equivalence arguments.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:28 AM, ladypeartree said:

Tell that to the parents of the over 100 teens that have been murdered in knife attacks in the UK so far THIS YEAR 

This rebuttal doesn't even make sense in context of what is stated. I never said people don't die from being stabbed, I said most stabbings are non-fatal. You also cannot, under normal circumstances, kill dozens of people on a stabbing spree. I'd also like to see the source of your statistics that over 100 teenagers have been stabbed to death in the last seven weeks.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-crime/two-more-teenagers-killed-as-knife-murders-in-britain-soar-idUKKCN1QL18T

According to the only source I could find the number is 24.

I did not start this discussion because I had some intent to change peoples minds. This is a country drowning in guns, period. Gun violence and mass shootings are epidemic in America, and rather than defend our children's lives we double down on defending the "right" to own lethal weapons.

Guest PinkBelt
14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Firearms were registered in Australia, that's how the government knew where they were and were able to get them. There is no firearms registration in N.Z. and the government there has no idea how many firearms are there or where they are.

And FYI, if there are no firearms at all, why would you need gun control? What frightens anti-gun leftists, is that an increasing number of violent criminals will be shot to death by potential victims, before they can carry-out their violent crimes. Leftists depend upon high rates of violent crime to keep populations frightened and dependent. Thus for leftists, violent criminals are a great and protected asset. Obviously, leftists don’t want to see their numbers reduced.

All human lives are not of equal value. What the liberalization of gun laws does is alter the percentage of violent criminals killed, versus good and decent, armed citizens.
When citizens are armed, we see more dead violent criminals, fewer dead innocent victims, and that fact is horrifying to leftists (who are themselves neither good, nor decent)
In any event, this outcome is not unimportant to potential victims of violent criminals whose lives were saved via precision gunfire.
The only “security” is personal security.

Your attitude is not biblical. Jesus clearly states his views on violence:

Matthew 26:52

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

This was to his own disciple who was acting in "self defense", not as an aggressor or criminal.

God also states his views on "dead criminals":

Ezekiel 33:11

11 Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’

God also states we are not to be afraid and to trust in him to protect us:

2 Samuel 22:3

3     my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield[a] and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
    from violent people you save me.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

scripture abuse.....   context clashes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Your attitude is not biblical. Jesus clearly states his views on violence:

Matthew 26:52

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

This was to his own disciple who was acting in "self defense", not as an aggressor or criminal.

God also states his views on "dead criminals":

Ezekiel 33:11

11 Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’

God also states we are not to be afraid and to trust in him to protect us:

2 Samuel 22:3

3     my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield[a] and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
    from violent people you save me.

You forgot these Scripture;

Lev 26:7-8, "And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword."

8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

Media Silence Surrounds Muslim Massacre of Christians

Political leaders and public figures were falling over themselves this weekend to condemn the mosque attacks in New Zealand, while dozens of Christians were slaughtered by Muslims in Nigeria to the sound of crickets.

The mosque attacks were indeed a horrific affair and worthy of universal condemnation. Presidents, prime ministers, royalty, and religious leaders rushed to extend their condolences to victims and their families — as well they should — while decrying the hate that purportedly motivated the shootings.

Without exception, the mainstream media gave top billing to the shootings, with newspapers carrying the story on their front pages and television news channels leading off their broadcasts with the story.

The bizarre aspect of the coverage was not, in fact, the attention paid to a heinous crime committed in New Zealand, but the absolute silence surrounding the simultaneous massacre of scores of Christians by Muslim militants in Africa.

As Breitbart News alone reported among major news outlets, Fulani jihadists racked up a death toll of over 120 Christians over the past three weeks in central Nigeria, employing machetes and gunfire to slaughter men, women, and children, burning down over 140 houses, destroying property, and spreading terror.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

All the world leaders who disarmed their citizens then slaughtered them were led by the devil and he was and is their father.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Was not the solution in the book of Esther to the decree the King was tricked into by Haman to allow the Jews to be armed? People had no problem with the thought of taking the Jews stuff and kicking them out and killing them until the Jews had the ability to defend themselves. I believe Puram was just celebrated this past week.

Edited by Zemke
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt
20 hours ago, HAZARD said:

You forgot these Scripture;

Lev 26:7-8, "And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword."

8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

Anytime a quote starts with the word "and", you know it's out of context. Here is the entire passage:

Leviticus 26:1-8

26 “‘Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the Lord your God.

2 “‘Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the Lord.

3 “‘If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, 4 I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit. 5 Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land.

6 “‘I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. I will remove wild beasts from the land, and the sword will not pass through your country. 7 You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. 8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.

God is clearly talking about protecting Israel from it's enemies. Besides that I have never understood why so many Christians think one verse cancels out another. The bible is clear on the use of lethal force.

You said; "The bible is clear on the use of lethal force."

It sure is;

Exodus 22:2
2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."

Proverbs 25:26
26 A righteous man who falters before the wicked is like a murky spring and a polluted well.

1 Timothy 5:8
8 But if anyone does not provide (protection) for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Gen. 9:5-6 "WHOSOEVER SHEDDETH MAN'S BLOOD, BY MAN SHALL HIS BLOOD BY SHED: for in the image of God made he him"  

• Thumbs Up 1

I own several firearms;

Z 805..jpg

• Thumbs Up 1