Guest PinkBelt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010–12)

A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 25 dead and some 115 injured. 

This was all at schools. Children.  Its still happening. Just in january of this year, and the children were hit in the head with knife wounds. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-beijing-children-attack-school-primary-stabbing-knife-injured-a8716556.html

Chicago has the strictest gun laws yet they have the highest rate of gun killings. Mexico has strict gun laws yet has the second highest murder rate in the world, second only to syria. Most of those murders were by guns. It wasnt guns on 9/11 but box cutters and airplanes. How many thousands died that day? Gun control laws will not stop murder or mass murder.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt
2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

So non-fatal knife attacks are ok then?

Jesus told His disciples to arm themselves before He sent them out, so they could protect themselves from robbers and murderers.

Luke 22:36 
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 

God also instigated the death penalty but oh no, we know better and banned this too. Murderers are being giver 15 to 20 years and then released, many to carry on with their criminal lives.

Are you serious? Are you even stopping to think through the logic of what you're saying?

"Hmmm stabbed and likely live, shot and likely die.." Tough choice.

Edited by PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt
5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010–12)

A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 25 dead and some 115 injured. 

This was all at schools. Children.  Its still happening. Just in january of this year, and the children were hit in the head with knife wounds. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-beijing-children-attack-school-primary-stabbing-knife-injured-a8716556.html

Chicago has the strictest gun laws yet they have the highest rate of gun killings. Mexico has strict gun laws yet has the second highest murder rate in the world, second only to Syria. Most of those murders were by guns. It wasn't guns on 9/11 but box cutters and airplanes. How many thousands died that day? Gun control laws will not stop murder or mass murder.

Strict gun laws don't work unless the guns aren't there in the first place, hence why NZ is having a buy back. Australia did the same thing and gun deaths plummeted: http://fortune.com/2018/02/20/australia-gun-control-success/

I don't know why people are so dedicated to insisting gun control won't work when every single case study proves the opposite.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

7 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I don't know why people are so dedicated to insisting gun control won't work when every single case study proves the opposite.

If gun control works, then please explain mexico and chicago. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

Are you serious? Are you even stopping to think through the logic of what you're saying?

"Hmmm stabbed and likely live, shot and likely die.." Tough choice.

When you can pass laws to control human nature, savagery, blood lust, revenge, depression, insanity and all the other causes, maybe then, you will be able to find a way to control the instrument and the act.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Many years ago when I was in High school and in the cadets I carried a 303 rifle to and from school on a train and no one batted an eyelid. There were about 100 pupils in the cadets at my school alone and they all took their firearms to and from school.

I still have firearms and I'm in my 70's and have never ever hurt anyone or anything, neither have my firearms broke out of my gun safe and went on a shooting spree.

Gun control is all about people control. People are killed by cars driven by people who are on drugs and are drunk. 

Number of deaths on NZ roads nears 200 just six months into 2018 .

Why is there no call for a car ban. How about a day of mourning. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/105138546/number-of-deaths-on-nz-roads-nears-200-just-six-months-into-2018

I'm not making a judgement on you.  My Dad is a retired farmer and a former duck shooter so I've grown up with him having guns.  It is the type of gun that I have a problem with.

Yes there are too many road deaths here.  The difference is that all those people who died on the road where not deliberately killed by one person.  There are also too many people who die in NZ each year by drowning and suicide.

We aren't having a day of mourning here.  There was 2 minutes of silence at 1.32pm (NZ time).

Guest PinkBelt
2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

If gun control works, then please explain Mexico and Chicago. 

Please find a better example then a near failed state run by drug cartels and a city surrounded by places without gun laws. Anybody can come into Chicago with a gun easily regardless of it's legality because it's not like anyone searches them. If you are not going to bring up examples that are analogous and in proper context then you're just fishing for arguments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

I see now, gun control does work. It has in the past.

Z 601..png

Z 370..png

Z 600..jpg

Z 602. .png

Edited by HAZARD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Cletus said:

why do you have a problem with a certain type of gun?  in the very early 2000's i legally purchased an ak-47.  most of the rest of the world calls it a Kalashnikov, after the rifles designer.  I have put over 50,000 rounds thru it.  well over that.  in fact i have decided its time to re-barrel it because i have shot it so much the barrels life is almost gone.  the rifling in the barrel is wearing out.  I never shot anyone with it.  never committed a crime with it.   when children are at the house its locked up.  when i leave its locked up or with me.  I have had this rifle for near 20 years.  I got stacks of 30 round magazines, some 40 round magazines and a whole bunch of the good Chinese made 75 round drum magazines.  

the only "trouble" i ever got into with this rifle was money trouble... it gets so hot from popity pop poppin' off the pretty wood fore grip keeps catching on fire and i have to buy a new one.  next one with the new barrel will be vented metal.  

its also a great choice for hog hunting.  max range kill shot on a wild porker is 432 yards.  measured with a laser rangefinder. 

I like the part you said about automobile accidents.  lets ban cars and trucks too!!!

I have a problem with that type of gun because it can fire a lot of rounds and so in the wrong hands it can be used to easily kill a lot of people.  This is my opinion and I'm entitled to my opinion on what I would like to happen here in NZ.  I'm not giving an opinion on the country that you live in.

My comment about car accidents was in reply to a previous poster who I quoted, because they brought up car accidents.

All of what I've posted is said in a neutral tone but that's hard to get across when you're only typing.  I've said my thoughts on this topic so I'm not going to be posting on this one anymore.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

7 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Strict gun laws don't work unless the guns aren't there in the first place, 

I think there might need to be a few factors in place before strict gun laws might work better.

One is like you mentioned that there aren't guns there in the first place ( or very few /limited numbers.. and with permits required ).

But I think that in addition to that ..there would likely need to be a secure border to stop guns from being smuggled in.. (and if possible secure borders with no smuggling in neighbouring countries too and no armed conflict there in those countries etc.... ie so that there are few guns in neighbouring countries too ).

I think that countries that are small island nations perhaps might find it easier to not have much gun smuggling.. as long as their borders such as sea borders are secure.... compared to some nations with long land borders ?  I am thinking of island countries such as japan and singapore.  Perhaps new zealand might go that route.  

Edited by just_abc