Sign in to follow this  
ZacharyB

NT verses to churches threaten loss of salvation

Posted (edited)

So as to not overwhelm you, I have cut the whole NT list of warnings in HALF

… so, I am ONLY listing warnings written to the churches:

● Do not be a slave of sin

Romans 6:16, Romans 6:23, James 1:15, 1 John 5:18

● Do not live according to the flesh (carnally-minded) 

Romans 8:6, Romans 8:13, Galatians 6:8

● Do not desire to be rich

1 Timothy 6:9

● Do not become entangled in (and overcome by) sin

2 Peter 2:20-21

● Do not be estranged from Christ

Galatians 5:4

● Do not fall from grace

Galatians 5:4

● Do not draw back from the faith to perdition

Hebrews 10:39

● Do not trust in riches, but be rich in good works

1 Timothy 6:18-19

● Do not be blocked from entering the kingdom of God

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:3-6

● Do not be disobedient, for it proves unbelief

Hebrews 3:18-19, Hebrews 4:1,11

● Do not be a false teacher, an apostate, etc.

2 Peter 2:12-22, Jude 4,12-13

● Do not have your name blotted out of the Book of Life

Revelation 3:5, Revelation 3:5

● Do not be blocked from entering the New Jerusalem

Revelation 3:12

● Practice righteousness

1 John 3:7-10, 1 John 2:29, Acts 10:35, 1 Corinthians 6:9, Romans 1:18

● Obey Jesus

Romans 6:16, Hebrews 5:9, 1 John 2:3,

● Endure in the faith (conditional “IF” passages)      

1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 2:1-3, Hebrews 3:14, Colossians 1:21-23, 2 Timothy 2:12      

● Repent of your on-going sins

2 Corinthians 7:8-10, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 John 1:9

● Attain holiness

Romans 6:19, Hebrews 12:14

● Continue in the true doctrine

1 Timothy 4:16      

● Make your call and election sure

2 Peter 1:10-11

● Be a victorious overcomer (Revelation 3:21 explains who the overcomers are)

Revelation 2:11

Edited by ZacharyB

there is a subtitle you should add... "Conditional"  look for words like IF... Here is a good example:

Joh 8:31  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

this would imply IF we do not continue in His word... we are not His disciples indeed. 

Gee, thanks for the advice! WOW!

P.S. warnings/threats only to NT churches

Not one of the verses you listed threatens loose of Salvation. They are warnings of sin.

4 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Not one of the verses you listed threatens loose of Salvation. They are warnings of sin.

Them why do many of them warn of losing salvation, i.e. eternal life?

interesting...this topic of "eternal judgement" seems to be cropping up alot  lately :)

which salvation?  spirit, soul or body?  :)

how does the new birth relate to those three realms of human existence?

So which  is it?  Once saved always saved or can we lose our salvation?

I can tell you  the answer  to that question is "YES!"

“He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Now before all you one dimensional OSAS folks  get your panties in a knot.....don't tell me He threatened to use a blotter He doesn't have and never intends to use.

And for all the one dimensional "Oh my God...we gunna lose it!" folks tell me what part  of "incorruptible" is difficult to understand?

having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,[fn]

THE ANSWER IS NOT FOUND  IN EXPLAINING EITHER OF THOSE AWAY AS IF THEY DID NOT  EXIST ...but there is an answer.  He is not a liar, and He said exactly  what He meant to say in both  those passages...and many more.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jostler said:

Now before all you one dimensional OSAS folks  get your panties in a knot.....don't tell me He threatened to use a blotter He doesn't have and never intends to use.

Brother, you seem to be a well read follower of Christ, so I'm going out on a limb and assume that you know and understand, because God is omniscience, ...that He knows the name of every human that will be born on this planet before He created it, having said that, ...then the Book in Rev 3:5 is a record of all of those names, ...then there is the Lamb's Book of Life, the Book of names of those that received Salvation, ...that means the non believers names will be blotted out, or smeared over in the Book of Life (probably one by one at the Great White Throne Judgement), so that the only names that will be left in it are those that have received Eternal life, ...their names will be written in two Books, ...why two, ...because Jesus said,  ...let it be established by two or three witness.

Lord bless 

Edited by JustPassingThru

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Brother, you seem to be a well read follower of Christ, so I'm going out on a limb and assume that you know and understand, because God is omniscience, ...that He knows the name of every human that will be born on this planet before He created it, having said that, ...then the Book in Rev 3:5 is a record of all of those names, ...then there is the Lamb's Book of Life, the Book of names of those that received Salvation, ...that means the non believers names will be blotted out, or smeared over in the Book of Life (probably one by one at the Great White Throne Judgement), so that the only names that will be left in it are those that have received Eternal life, ...their names will be written in two Books, ...why two, ...because Jesus said,  ...let it be established by two or three witness.

Lord bless 

you don't seem to realize you just argued for losing salvation.  He does not NEED all the mental gymnastics and the lost have NEVER been recorded in His Book of Life.  They didn't have salvation and then lose it.  He  is NOT a liar threatening His  children with "boogey men" to get them in line.  That threat is REAL, and anyone who  despises it endangered by it.  There is a "blotter", He WILL use it and it behooves us to figure out  just what that means, not try to explain it away.

Edited by Jostler

1 minute ago, Jostler said:

you don't seem to realize you just argued for losing salvation.  He does not NEED all the mental gymnastics and the lost have NEVER been recorded in His Book of Life.  The didn't have salvation and then lose it.  He  is NOT a liar threatening His  children with "boogey men" to get them in line.  That threat is REAL, and anyone who  despises it endangered by it.

Well, it seems the old adage about assuming is true about me! 

So you don't believe the book of Life contains the names of everyone born on this planet?

Then what are these Books?

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.  Rev 20:12

Can you tell me what was written in the "other" books, ...it seems it's something each individual had done during their lifetime that they are Judged by with their final judgement being, ...banished to the Lake of Fire , are you suggesting all of the deeds written in the books don't have name assigned to them?  

That would be total confusion, without names assigned to the deeds each individual could say to God, "That's not me!"  ...God is not the author of confusion.

Come on bro, I've read you posts, ...you are wiser than that!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Well, it seems the old adage about assuming is true about me! 

So you don't believe the book of Life contains the names of everyone born on this planet?

Then what are these Books?

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.  Rev 20:12

Can you tell me what was written in the "other" books, ...it seems it's something each individual had done during their lifetime that they are Judged by with their final judgement being, ...banished to the Lake of Fire , are you suggesting all of the deeds written in the books don't have name assigned to them?  

That would be total confusion, without names assigned to the deeds each individual could say to God, "That's not me!"  ...God is not the author of confusion.

Come on bro, I've read you posts, ...you are wiser than that!

there are two main phases of the  Judgement.  One is defined by the books...plural....which are NOT the Book of Life.   Those books do contain a detailed record of every idle word and every deed, every thought and every heart intention we ever entertained.  Those will be judged, with reference to ONE single question.  And rewards and punishments meted out in accordance with  how each  word, thought and deed related to that question.

The second main phase is when THE Book is opened and checked to see if our name is written there.  If a name is written there they will escape the Lake of Fire and eternal damnation, to go on into eternity in the  good grace of God, with  all the "other" works words and deeds under the mercy  of the Blood.  Or rewarded with eternal reward....as the judgement deemed appropriate

If our  name is NOT written there, then our  destiny is eternity in the Lake of Fire.  The works will determine the intensity  of the punishment, but will be powerless to provide escape from it.

i can't prove it and never would argue the point one way or the  other, but it seems most logical to believe those "books" are individual records of lives lived.  One or two for each of us.  Regardless if that is true or not, they  record works.

Edit:  and to be clear in answering your question.  No every name of every person who has ever lived has NEVER been recorded in His Book of Life... only and only EVER the  heirs of His salvation  have been recorded there.

Edited by Jostler

Sign in to follow this