• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/19/2019 at 3:47 AM, Addison said:

I had my legal name changed (personal preference).

I never knew until now how much Google owns me and all of my accounts.

I just need to time and change everything right so that financial, direct deposits aren't lost.

Anyone good on maybe helping me make this new transition?

Please and thank you.

I just went through this. Do your name change at you bank first. I did it directly in the branch. I let them know my name on deposits may take a month or so to. Catch up, they took care of the stuff that didn't change yet.  They will still receive your auto pays for deposit. Then contact your payers/ employer and do the necessary procees to change your name. Then go to the SSI office provide necessary info. If you have a fedral tax id fix that with the IRS. Go to Dmv, provide necessary documents to correct your State ID. Then go to the post office, correct your passport if applicable. Your name on leases, contracts and utility accounts really don't matter if you change it or not unless you expecting a deposit returned. I hardly do any of that stuff online. Your browser may have a saved idenity auto fill. Fix that under settings. I don't let my browser save passwords or auto fill. That is in settings too. If you want the old name out of searches go to Google help they have a form you fill out to remove any links of personal info you do not want exposed in searches... 

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Credit cards... Your branch can correct all those while you are there that are with that bank. Online ones you can call the number on the back of the card to request new cards with your new name after you have it's changed. After that I just fixed everything else when I had to contact them for something else.. oh yeah.. my bank just added my new name to my account, the old one is still on it so if anything comes up in the old name it isn't an issue. I took a day off work and just went everywhere and did it all in one day.. ssi office and DMV both took about an hour, post office for passport was supper easy.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/06/1970

Hey Reinitin.

After updating my driver's license, I went with a new social security card next. 

I still have yet to call my bank since this seems to be the most scary of them all in case something goes wrong.  It might be two more weeks before I get to this.

SSA required me to send them my physical license, birth certificate, and court petition by mail, so I was out of those for some time.

After two weeks of worry, I finally received my new SS card along with the return of my IDs about two days ago.

Paypal was updated today but with a warning that if the name on my bank and Paypal account don't match, payments might not be possible.

My Chase card took about an hour online since there was no mention that uploaded images had to be 800 pixels in width.

Discover card took almost two hours.  It finally worked when I went into incognito mode on my browser that cleared cache and cookies.

My Walmart account and Mastercard, while I guess was approved yesterday, is not showing any updates and seems like a complete mess now.

I have yet to try anything with my Capitol One card, I'll get to that tonight.

Once these are done, then I'll go ahead with my bank.

I can't change the name on my mailing address until I show proof of my updated bank account.

I'm really not good at doing this all on my own.  :/

Oh hey, do you have a link for the Google help thingy you mentioned to clear out previous personal info?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

Credit cards... Your branch can correct all those while you are there that are with that bank. Online ones you can call the number on the back of the card to request new cards with your new name after you have it's changed. After that I just fixed everything else when I had to contact them for something else.. oh yeah.. my bank just added my new name to my account, the old one is still on it so if anything comes up in the old name it isn't an issue. I took a day off work and just went everywhere and did it all in one day.. ssi office and DMV both took about an hour, post office for passport was supper easy.  

I had to do a double take .   I was like , REINITIN , is back .     You have been gone for a long time .

Over a year and a half .    Welcome back rein it in ,  welcome back .    

On 4/25/2019 at 8:28 PM, Addison said:

Hey Reinitin.

After updating my driver's license, I went with a new social security card next. 

I still have yet to call my bank since this seems to be the most scary of them all in case something goes wrong.  It might be two more weeks before I get to this.

SSA required me to send them my physical license, birth certificate, and court petition by mail, so I was out of those for some time.

After two weeks of worry, I finally received my new SS card along with the return of my IDs about two days ago.

Paypal was updated today but with a warning that if the name on my bank and Paypal account don't match, payments might not be possible.

My Chase card took about an hour online since there was no mention that uploaded images had to be 800 pixels in width.

Discover card took almost two hours.  It finally worked when I went into incognito mode on my browser that cleared cache and cookies.

My Walmart account and Mastercard, while I guess was approved yesterday, is not showing any updates and seems like a complete mess now.

I have yet to try anything with my Capitol One card, I'll get to that tonight.

Once these are done, then I'll go ahead with my bank.

I can't change the name on my mailing address until I show proof of my updated bank account.

I'm really not good at doing this all on my own.  :/

Oh hey, do you have a link for the Google help thingy you mentioned to clear out previous personal info?

I'm old so I was way more comfortable handling it all in person or on the phone. Really don't trust sending my finacial or personal information over the internet even is it is a secure site. 

https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061?hl=en

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/06/1970

My bank does not allow digital uploads or have a fax number available to share the needed documentation. 

I put in the request to have the required forms to be sent by mail on Monday. 

I'm currently waiting on these to arrive here at home. :/