Sign in to follow this  
Recentydiscovered

Recently found god

Long story but I felt him during my prayers last week when I was going through something BIG. I don't attend church and this has never happened to me before. I've been reading scripture everyday since but I don't really know what to do next. Any advice?

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying for You! 1
  • Praise God! 2

Welcome to worthy ..keep seeking , read your bible and pray This is also a good place to ask questions 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

Welcome Recently.  

Read your Bible.  the Gospel of John in the New Testament is a good place to start.

Pray.  Ask God to forgive you for anything you know that you have done wrong.

God forgives because His only Son Jesus Christ died on the cross in your place for your sin, taking your punishment upon Himself.  He loves us that much.  That is why God the Father is able to forgive any of us.  

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Joh 3:17  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

1Co 15:1  Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 1Co 15:2  by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 1Co 15:4  and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 1Co 15:5  and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 1Co 15:6  After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 3/20/2019 at 3:51 AM, Recentydiscovered said:

Long story but I felt him during my prayers last week when I was going through something BIG. I don't attend church and this has never happened to me before. I've been reading scripture everyday since but I don't really know what to do next. Any advice?

hey there God bless you God will reward those that diligently seek him,the scriptures say. Bless you in your journey lovingly in Jesus precious name tell him that you know you are a sinner unworthy of his Grace as we all are sinners before him,confess to him that you know your natural rebellious state and that you seek his forgiveness through the precious shed blood of our lord Jesus Christ which was shed for you and for me.In 1st john the word says'for he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness/the first part of that verse says."if we confess our sins"my friend confessing my sin was a real struggle for me,till i came to learn from Gods word that its not a worldly sorrow when just flippantly say yea ok yes im am sorry then go off and carry on living the same fashion and manner of living throwing up the odd prayer of sorrow with no heart change.in 2nd corinthians ch7:verse 10.For Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of {or we would say be regretted }for the sorrow of the world worketh death. Paul says to the corinthian church to be clear in this further on.When i 12 yrs ago now i fell to my knees broken before my precious Jesus and just let him have his way with me wash my sin away never to be brought against me ever ever washed whiter than snow in the precious blood of the lamb.Broken before him as i was i have never felt more love flow over me and he still pours his love over me daily.My advice come to Jesus just as you are he will do the rest,find yourself a bible believing church do your due dilligence with this there are plenty of wolves in sheeps clothing test them with the word find Godly mature christian friends like minded as you they do not have to hold a degree in theology ect Christs disciples where like you and me precious souls whom he died for you do not need years to be mature in Christ just be open and led by Jesus only use his word and prayer for guidance,but my friend you will not grow without the encouragment and godly guidance of other christian brothers and sisters,after all we are family and Jesus is wanting us to grow together.Bless you my precious child of God let me know if this has been help to you i shall be praying for you i promise God Bless.

• This is Worthy 2

On 3/19/2019 at 9:51 AM, Recentydiscovered said:

Hi and welcome!   That's great you are praying and reading the Word of God.   Try to find a good church where the Bible is taught and the congregation is loving.   If you have any questions about a church, try posting the website.   People here will be happy to help.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2019 at 4:51 PM, Recentydiscovered said:

Shalom my friend

That's great news! Welcome to the family and the forum!

Yes, I would advise that your first job is Water Baptism, then baptism in the Holy Spirit.

Your second job is to read the Scriptures. End to end, which it sounds like you are doing. 

Take as much time as you need to go through the Bible once or twice, during a year, to make sure you have a solid, strong understanding of it.  Memorising verses here and there is all very well, but it's far better to "digest" the Word so that the Spirit of God can explain all things to you, and grow the seed of Word you will implant by reading.

In terms for understanding the Bible, below are some reliable tools to help. Links below...

David Pawson's Series - Unlocking the Bible (Youtube)

David's series gives an introduction, overview and purpose of each book in the Bible. Don't be misled by the quality of the video - this is perfect for insight for beginners and intermediates.

The Bible Project (Youtube)

The Bible Project have done a short animated video pulling out the basic overview of each book of the Bible. Ideal for a quick reminder or to watch before diving into a book.

Chuck Missler - Learn the Bible in 24 Hours (Youtube)  (audible)

Chuck is a man that knows the Bible very well. I continue to learn more and more stuff from his commentaries. This teaching is obviously long but will be very useful to get a firm foundation in Scripture and pull out it's application to us. He is a very smart man.

Going through the Bible, and the teachings above, will take time.  It sounds like your eager, which is brilliant, but take your time going through the Bible properly. Like this, you'll be reading the very story of the God your serve and reading His very words! 

If you get to long lists of genealogies, names and numbers, just scan your eyes past these parts for now back to the main narrative.  Again, be diligent and take your time. Ignore Christian self-help books for now - The Word is your anchor, and it will be your sword.

For the first read through, if you just want the basic need-to-know stuff for now, I would recommend this reading plan:

1. Genesis
  2. Exodus 1 to 20:17
  3. Numbers 11 to 14 & 20 to 24
  4. Joshua
  5. Judges
  6. 1 Samuel
  7. 2 Samuel
  8. Hosea
  9. 1 Kings
  10. 2 Kings
  11. Ezra
  12. Nehemiah
  13. Ecclesiastes 
  14. Luke
  15. John
  16. Acts
  17. Romans
  18. 1 Peter
  19. Revelation

This will give you the complete story.

If you are on the move a lot - commuting to and from work, at the gym, or out and about - I highly recommend the audio bible by David Suchet.  It is a great way to learn the word whilst you're doing other things and he done a great job with not making it as cheesy as some others.

Once you have been baptised in Water & Spirit and, if you stay in the Word, the Father will make His commission for you clear. You'll know what He would have you do and He will equip you with the appropriate Spiritual gift accordingly.

Remember to pray to Him each day for wisdom as He gives it liberally to those who seek it. 

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to post them in the forum. There are answers out there! Don't be afraid to challenge anything you read and ask for help.  If you are unsure in doing so, feel free to PM me privately.  Whatever your method - whether asking in the forum, by PM or to a church - always keep asking questions and always continue to seek! 

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • This is Worthy 1

Ye must be born again... then you will have The Teacher, The Holy Spirit, and the Scriptures will be your daily food...
1715451554_compwelcometoworthyconstructionlineuponlineprts.jpg.0a896f7b1bfee7c39e5abbe5b9b1ea7f.jpg

• Loved it! 1

Some really terrific advice here from the members here, so follow through and keep us up to date. A warm Welcome to Worthy. God bless!

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

Stay in God. Pray. Seek out some set of likeminded believers and make it a point to mingle and interact with them. Attending a church would be a good start but I feel that just going to church somewhat misses the mark. Churches are absolutely for prayer, worship, and learning, but at the same time there's an element of connecting with other believers you can depend on for support and guidance and hopefully you'll be able to offer the same in turn somewhere down the line.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Welcome!   You have some great advice. 

You need to ACCEPT Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and follow him with all your heart.  Read his words in the bible first and good to read the whole bible.. it will take some time.  Pray before you read it for God to speak to you. 

Purpose to stick close to the Lord.  Read the bible so that God can speak to you and speak to God (pray) about everything.  Be real with God he knows everything!

Love God and Love others.   

Blessings to you.  Praying for you now.  

• Loved it! 2