other one

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

yep that's true I just read an article that yoga & pagan medtation are on the rise in this country :(  nonbelievers are turning more to them then to Jesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Betha said:

according to your understanding ALL believers would seem to belong to Christ

Please reread my post and please don't misquote me, ...I said all that are BORN AGAIN cannot be deceived, ALL that have received Jesus Christ are Children of God John 1:12, 13 and have the Holy Spirit living/dwelling inside of them, we/they cannot be deceived, ...however, those that are indwelt by the Holy Spirit can resist Him, grieve Him, which ultimately quenches/extinguishes His voice in their hearts, Paul tells us this was happening in the Colossian church about 2,000 years ago, ...what we are witnessing today is even more prevalent in the professing church all over the world:

And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. Col 2:4 

The word beguile is translated as: mislead, delude, turned away in English Bibles, seduce and abuse in French translations.  

That doesn't mean they lose their salvation, ...what they will lose will be rewards at the Bema Seat of Christ for the works they haven't done in faith, ...that is, works done in their own imagined, misguided faith, ...TRUE faith is hearing from God, not some angel or man or woman and doing what He has called them to do.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Betha said:

but please tell me HOW we can know  them ???

No problem precious,

The answer to how can we know true born again children of God, false teachings and heresy is, …we can’t, …but the Holy Spirit in us can!

When Jesus spoke of the Comforter coming to His disciples:

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.  John 14:16, 17

There are two words used in the NT for another, allos and heteros, allos means one of the same kind, heteros means the same but a different kind, …example, you buy a watch, it lasts for years and years, finally it wears out, you go the store with the watch and tell the clerk, I want another one, …meaning one that is exactly the same as the old watch, …the meaning of heteros is, you buy a watch, it breaks one week later, you take it back and they give you a replacement, again, one week later it breaks also, you take the watch back and tell the clerk, I want another one, …meaning a different model than the one you brought back.

So, …Jesus is telling us the Comforter that He sends will be exactly like Himself, what that means is: Jesus was constantly teaching the TRUTH to His disciples, so does the Holy Spirit, Jesus was constantly providing for His disciples, so does the Holy Spirit, Jesus was constantly warning His disciples of error, so does the Holy Spirit.

Paul tells us we have a witness in us, the Holy Spirit:

The Spirit Himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Rom 8:16

In the King James the suffix eth, beareth, means, continually, ..so the Holy Spirit is continually witnessing to our spirit.

And…

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us:…  Heb 10:15

So you see dear one, if we are walking in the Spirit and not our flesh, the Holy Spirit is constantly and continually guiding and directing our lives, thoughts, emotions and actions.

Jesus also told us:

Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all Truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. John 16:13

That means inside of every Child of God, if we have an ear to hear and are hearing/are listening to what the Spirit is saying to the Churches, the Holy Spirit will be continually teaching or protecting us by witnessing to our spirit, He will be saying to us, …yes, yes, Jesus said that, …or NO, Jesus never said that!

Remember what Jesus said:

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: John 10:27

We hear the voice of our Good Shepard through the Holy Spirit.

That’s how we know, …by the continual witness of the Holy Spirit in us.

As to how can we discern true children of God, Paul tells us they manifest the Agape love of the Holy Spirit by their character and actions of:

…joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: Gal 5:22, 23

I hope that helps…

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Betha said:

Friend, what you are saying here is very true ! NOW you speak with the voice of a Believer when in the past you have sounded rather unconvincing, more like 'of the world' (we have exchanged posts on/off over a few years, lol,  are not exactly strangers)

However, I do mean a more practical  way of knowing between truth and fake....do you know it ? perhaps I will pm you.

Dear one, I think you have me confused with some one else, I've only been here at Worthy for 5 months.

What possibly could be more practical than being taught by God the Holy Spirit?

43 minutes ago, Betha said:

That my friend is also very true.....IF it is indeed the ' Holy Spirit' teaching us. 

Do you know that those who are deceived do NOT know they are deceived ? not everyone who calls Jesus 'Lord Lord' is a true follower.

There is no doubt in my mind it is the Holy Spirit teaching, over the years I have learned His still small voice, at first I doubted it was Him, ...for instance, I'm a maintenance man for 78 apartments, at the first, 14 years ago, I rode a scooter to work, I was limited as to what tools I could carry under the seat, often I would hear His voice tell me to take a certain tool that I knew I wouldn't need for the work that day, sure enough, my boss would call me and inform me of an emergency in an apartment that he hadn't scheduled me to work in and when I arrived the tool I had left behind was the exact tool I needed to make the repair, I learned no matter how unnecessary it seemed I would take the tool He suggested and always I ended up using it that day. I have become so dependent on the Holy Spirit guiding and directing my life, even though I have a project in my shop I'm already work on, I ask every morning what He wants me to do, sometimes He tells me to continue what I'm working on and other times He will lead me in a different direction, ...no matter what He has enabled me to accomplish, at the end of the week, at my Friday afternoon recapitulation with my boss, he is always pleased the work is on schedule.  

Of course they are deceived dear one, they are not born again, they are those that died during the Church Age that were in the Cults, they been stewing for a minimum of 1007 years, look how belligerent they are (as they are today) getting in the face of Jesus, imagine telling God He was wrong, ...that just goes to prove their doctrine that Jesus is not God.

Lord bless