Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

Psalms 34:7-9 "The angel of the Lord encamps round about them that fear him, and delivers them. (8) O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him. (9) O fear the Lord, you his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him."

I believe in God and I believe in Jesus his Son. I try to follow their commands and I seek to live a life that is pleasing unto them but I am not afraid of the Lord. Godly fear is not being terrified of an angry and cruel God for the Lord God is love, and his kindness, tenderness, gentleness, goodness, love and mercy have no end. I have come to understand that godly fear is rooted in love, not in dread and terror. Godly fear is rooted in love and is within hearts of love. When our love is great we are willing to sacrifice and do whatever is needed to protect, shield, and nurture the ones we love, and we also do not want to fail them or disappoint them. As a child I was given correction by my parents, and it was always rooted in their love for me, but most of the time my correction was not the time out chair or standing in the corner, it was administered to my behind by a wooden paddle that my Father had named, "Love" and the word love was written upon it. They corrected me for they loved me, and their love was expressed in many ways and I have always known their love. The worst thing that I could imagine in my youth was not a spanking, it was my Father or Mother telling me that they were ashamed of my behavior or that they were disappointed in me. Godly fear is rooted in hearts of love, and I love the Lord and I do not want the Lord to be ashamed of my behavior or to ever be disappointed in me. Godly fear is not terror, it is love and it is love that leads us to worship and to glorify and honor the Lord God and Jesus his Son. I still desire my parents love and I still hope and pray that in me they are not ashamed and that my life has not been a disappointment unto them and I feel the same about the Lord. I do not fear evil but I fear to do evil, not because I am afraid of the wrath of God, I fear to do evil for I do not want the Lord to be ashamed of me or disappointed in me. Godly fear is rooted in hearts of love.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Amen! I totally agree!  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

To me it's about having a deep reverence towards God....not actual fear.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is that God answers to no one and His decision is final for all eternity... this generates the beginning of wisdom that seeks His way, truth and life in all matters in all places throughout all time....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I've often felt fear in this context to be a mix of awe and respect. Creating such a complex and functional universe is worth a hefty serving of both.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 20 March 2019 at 11:02 AM, Tigger56 said:

Psalms 34:7-9 "The angel of the Lord encamps round about them that fear him, and delivers them. (8) O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him. (9) O fear the Lord, you his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him."

I believe in God and I believe in Jesus his Son. I try to follow their commands and I seek to live a life that is pleasing unto them but I am not afraid of the Lord. Godly fear is not being terrified of an angry and cruel God for the Lord God is love, and his kindness, tenderness, gentleness, goodness, love and mercy have no end. I have come to understand that godly fear is rooted in love, not in dread and terror. Godly fear is rooted in love and is within hearts of love.

May be you should rewxamine your reasons for loving God?

You believe in God.

So do the demons, but they shudder in fear.

You try to follow he commandments and to be pleasing to them!

What about repentance.

What about submission to Jesus, accepting him as your Lord.

Yes God is loving, merciful and kind but don't you know that God's kindness and mercy is intended to bring you to repentance.

Christianity is not about being kind or nice, it is about obedience to Jesus. Literal obedience, doing what the 10 commandment say after ones confession that Jesus is ones Lord and saviour.

Of course Christianity is about being kind. If we are to be obedient then we must follow the commands of the Lord. The Lord Jesus told us that all of the law and the prophets hang upon the laws of loving God and loving our neighbor. Would not love be seen in kindness, patience, love, gentleness

I repented a long time ago and was baptized. I have repented since when I have sinned. I seek to be surrendered unto the Lord. I wasn't trying to address all those issue within this one topic.

You state that "Christianity is not about being kind or nice, it is about obedience to Jesus. Literal obedience, doing what the 10 commandment say after ones confession that Jesus is ones Lord and saviour."  I believe repentance and baptism is the first step of a long journey of following a path of light. I am truly amazed that you can equate a Christian walk without kindness!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Believers should not be terrified of God. Fearing God is having respect and awe for Him. A person also needs to have the knowledge of the p0wer of God. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

I agree. As stated in my original post, "Godly fear is not being terrified of an angry and cruel God for the Lord God is love, and his kindness, tenderness, gentleness, goodness, love and mercy have no end."

thanks for the input....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Tigger56 :)I really appreciate this topic. Godly fear is reverence and respect. It is the honor our awesome Creator and Savior deserves. It should be expressed through love, obedience and worship. It is also referred to as due regard or 'giving God the glory.'

On 3/20/2019 at 6:02 AM, Tigger56 said:

the Lord God is love, and his kindness, tenderness, gentleness, goodness, love and mercy have no end. I have come to understand that godly fear is rooted in love, not in dread and terror. Godly fear is rooted in love and is within hearts of love.

It is important how you brought out this truth. Sadly, some have a mistaken 'ogre image' of God. I remember this being around in my youth. But there are wonderful scriptures that show how our fear of God should be as a response to His kindness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2