Tigger56

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

We do need to be in awe of the One Who created our universe.  To have such power and wisdom is beyond comprehension.  But the only terror I have of my Father in Heaven is to fear losing His fellowship.  His guidance and help each day are what I live for.  To know His love and underserved mercy is my fulfillment.  

I feel like a gnat in God's world--here for such a short time.  That God would have love for such a creature and want it as His own as a child is mind boggling.  What is man that thou art mindful of him?   We so easily become mired in the cesspool of sin, yet He rescues all who will receive His help.  He made it possible for us be washed and cleansed, clothed in the righteousness of Christ and suitable for His kingdom.  Why would he bother?  There is no good reason except that He created us to be a part of His world and reclaims us from the destroyer.   The good news is that of His loving kindness, His righteousness, grace and goodness.  He offers peace and wholeness to all who have known the terror of evil.  Healing and comfort are a part of His nature.  He offers hope and imparts faith.  What a holy and glorious God we serve!  Hallelujah!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Tigger56 I thought I'd post some of the wonderful scriptures I alluded to in my last post that tie godly fear to His kindness. You're probably already aware of them. But some out there who aren't might be blessed.:)

"the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." (Psalm 147:11)

"Look, the LORD's eye is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his loving kindness." (Psalm 33:18)

"Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?" (Romans 2:4 )

Those who fear (revere, respect, love) God enjoy obeying His commands.  

"But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night." (Psalm 1:2)

"Praise the LORD! How blessed is the man who fears the LORD, Who greatly delights in His commandments. (Psalm 112:1)"

• Loved it! 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

I love those scriptures thanks for sharing. I also think of the one in Proverbs.... "Pro_1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

Psalms 33:18 “Behold, the eyes of the Lord are upon those that fear him, upon those who hope in his mercy.”

It is good to fear the Lord and to be in awe of his great might and power, but we must also believe in his abundant love and hope in his endless mercy, for the mercy of the Lord also reveals his great power, for often to forgive requires greater strength than to avenge. The Lord is kind, the Lord is good, and the Lord is merciful.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 21 March 2019 at 2:32 PM, Tigger56 said:

Of course Christianity is about being kind. If we are to be obedient then we must follow the commands of the Lord. The Lord Jesus told us that all of the law and the prophets hang upon the laws of loving God and loving our neighbor. Would not love be seen in kindness, patience, love, gentleness

I repented a long time ago and was baptized. I have repented since when I have sinned. I seek to be surrendered unto the Lord. I wasn't trying to address all those issue within this one topic.

You state that "Christianity is not about being kind or nice, it is about obedience to Jesus. Literal obedience, doing what the 10 commandment say after ones confession that Jesus is ones Lord and saviour."  I believe repentance and baptism is the first step of a long journey of following a path of light. I am truly amazed that you can equate a Christian walk without kindness!

Was this a reply to me? If it is it helps if one clicks on quote. Then one gets notified of the reply.

Where does it say that Christianity is about 'kindness'?

There is a lot about Love and a lot about doing good and about obedience.

The key issue is why are we doing 'good' or being 'kind'?

Is it because of our love of Jesus or for some other reason.

For me Micah 6:8, puts it wonderfully:-

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly[a] with your God.

That is far, far, far more than 'kindness'.

5 hours ago, Who me said:

Was this a reply to me? If it is it helps if one clicks on quote. Then one gets notified of the reply.

Where does it say that Christianity is about 'kindness'?

There is a lot about Love and a lot about doing good and about obedience.

The key issue is why are we doing 'good' or being 'kind'?

Is it because of our love of Jesus or for some other reason.

For me Micah 6:8, puts it wonderfully:-

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly[a] with your God.

That is far, far, far more than 'kindness'.

I understand that following the Lord is more than just about kindness, but kindness is an aspect of love and God is love and we are to love him and others. We are to be instruments of love as our Lord, kindness is part of this. Obedience of love and the love of obedience is necessary for kindness and all the aspects of love. As to where does it state Christianity is about kindness?  Following Christ is about kindness and love which are aspects of obedience. We are instructed to be kind. A couple of examples would be in I.Corinthians 13:4 and Ephesians 4:32, etc....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 22 March 2019 at 11:00 PM, Tigger56 said:

I understand that following the Lord is more than just about kindness, but kindness is an aspect of love and God is love and we are to love him and others. We are to be instruments of love as our Lord, kindness is part of this. Obedience of love and the love of obedience is necessary for kindness and all the aspects of love. As to where does it state Christianity is about kindness?  Following Christ is about kindness and love which are aspects of obedience. We are instructed to be kind. A couple of examples would be in I.Corinthians 13:4 and Ephesians 4:32, etc....

Love is kind, but kindness is not always love.

Love is radicle, it really cares and does not count the cost in helping others.

Kindness without love is at worst is doing good deeds that makes one look good. Note I said at its worst.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/25/2019 at 3:32 AM, Who me said:

Love is kind, but kindness is not always love.

Love is radicle, it really cares and does not count the cost in helping others.

Kindness without love is at worst is doing good deeds that makes one look good. Note I said at its worst.

I totally agree. Even the most evil of men can show acts of love and acts of kindness to those they choose, these acts can also be for a person's own glory and not for the glory of the Lord. Our love for the Lord must be the root to all of our actions otherwise love and kindness can even be of the darkness.