• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1980

That was a 30 years girl. After about 3 days of acquintance I found another girl of 27 years and better profession at the same dating site in the same city (and the same denomination, I am confused by the fact that they may go to the same church).

I decided to marry the second girl, because she is younger and has better profession (teacher). And she seems to love me from our first meeting. I decided to stop my searching for any other girls.

This is a decided issue, so I don't need an advice anymore.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

19 hours ago, porton said:

That was a 30 years girl. After about 3 days of acquintance I found another girl of 27 years and better profession at the same dating site in the same city (and the same denomination, I am confused by the fact that they may go to the same church).

I decided to marry the second girl, because she is younger and has better profession (teacher). And she seems to love me from our first meeting. I decided to stop my searching for any other girls.

I have a question that may not be settled.....     are you willing to love this girl with the same love that Jesus loves the church as we are commanded to do....    Will you put her needs first.  Would you be willing to stand by and let some group of people beat you half to death if it was needed for her.....   even to the point of being hanged on a tree to die.....

If you are not then you shouldn't get married at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/22/2019 at 6:01 PM, porton said:

Wow such a very foreign to me way of thinking, interesting, thanks for sharing, though I really can't grasp it.

But good luck, and God bless to both of the ladies.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 3/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, other one said:

I have a question that may not be settled.....     are you willing to love this girl with the same love that Jesus loves the church as we are commanded to do....    Will you put her needs first.  Would you be willing to stand by and let some group of people beat you half to death if it was needed for her.....   even to the point of being hanged on a tree to die.....

If you are not then you shouldn't get married at all.

I wish people would have thought about this and still about this for those who want to justify and see divorcement as a good thing or believing divorcement is God's will for some people. But if all the answers were yes to your questions, then it would show God wouldn't want people to marry  who wouldn't be like that and would likely want or end in a divorcement, but for no to those answers, it's much better off never to marry. I never planned a woman to be a certain age and I didn't care, because I was counting on God to either lead me to or bring the woman to me that He had planned for me to marry at whatever age He wants of any kind of woman He wants me to marry. I waited and it was clear who to marry when the time came. All I needed to know was that it was obvious it was the person the Lord had planned for me to marry. All this stuff about looking for someone specifically, is like a selfish way of hunting for your favorite type of meat that may not be the healthiest kind for you to eat either. Rather, I knew if I set God's will before mine in everything, then if it is His will for me to marry, one day that lady will be added to my life. 

Matthew 6;33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

The Lord wasn't lying or even using a metaphor when He said this. It is true. I can live a complete life of faith when I keep this in mind about pretty much everything, that if the Lord's kingdom and what is righteous is what I am seeking, then all other things will be added. Basically, if you're pursuing the will of God, then He will somehow add you to a marriage with the person He has planned for you to marry. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/02/1982

I don't think there is a prefered age to this,it is when the person is fully ready to get married.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/20/2019 at 1:31 PM, porton said:

I am 38. What is the best age of a girl to marry to?

I would say someone who is 3 years younger than you or someone that is 2 years older than you. That is an opinion and might not be accurate because all people's maturity levels are different. I would go for someone too young or too old. You will know who is right for you because their experiences will be very similar.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 3/20/2019 at 9:31 AM, porton said:

I am 38. What is the best age of a girl to marry to?

Age 25.  By the time you are in your mid 30s, you are likely to have a hard time even having a child.

In your 20s, as a married woman, you can't hardly trip over a pillow and not get pregnant.  But you wait until your mid to late 30s to have kids, and you should not be surprised if you have difficulty getting pregnant.

Unless you do not wish to ever have kids, and I would say you should carefully reconsider that.

Also, the longer you wait to get married, the harder it is to find a decent man.  Just saying upfront, most good men, get married by the time they are 29.

The pool starts to empty out by the time you reach 40.    Now I don't mean to discourage you, but I am also not going to white wash this.   Take me for example.  I'm 43, and I'll be single for life, because I'm a train wreck.

Not one single man I grew up with in Church, or even out of church to be honest, has not been married for over 10 years.  They all got married a decade ago.

So just looking at the 'pool of men' in my circle, the only one available is me, and I am a disaster.

Does not mean you can't find one.  You can.  I'm just saying you are likely to have to date a bunch of men, to find that is worth marrying.   Fishing is easier at Lake Erie, than at the water run off pond at the church, because Lake Erie has more fish.  You can still catch something at the pond, just take a lot more effort.

Now I should mention one counter to that.  You have to me mentally mature enough to marry.  If you are not mentally ready for marriage, then it doesn't matter what your age is.

Doesn't matter how amazing a guy you find, that guy is a flawed screwed up human being.   He's going to do something that bugs you. The most happy couples on the Earth, still have nights they think they made a mistake.

That's just how it is. No man is perfect, and our underware will still stink until you wash it.  Same is true of men by the way.  No woman will love you perfectly, no matter how attractive wonderful and caring she might be.

No one is perfect, and grasping that is the key to marriage.  If you can't handle that, stay single.  :)

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

23 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

Actually, Looking back, I would have cut out the volunteering at church, But not the going to church Part, And would have joined the women's ministry when they offered me to,................. And not messed that up,.................................... I have a lot of guilt, Specifically a manic-bipolar symptom, As well as probably the hangover from my medications,................................ I'm also fairly, positve, I have a "Perfect-Natured" type personality trait,................ Which, btw, @LonerAndy Have you ever taken the flag page quiz-personality survery, thing-a-ma-bopper, thing ? I want to take it. Haven't committed to it, yet. I probably will, Eventually. I am thinking that Mark is some rich, really succesful pastor, He has a whole bunch of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gb. U. 

The reason why volunteering, or helping in a ministry is important, is because the Bible says in Matt 6:31:

Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans strive after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

The point of that verse, is that G-d knows everything we need.   He does.  I he knows what we need in this life.  HOWEVER... he wants to know that he is first.

So first do whatever little you can for G-d.  It doesn't having to be volunteering at the church, just that seems to be one of the simplest ways someone can serve the Lord.  There are many ways, and whatever way fits best, do that.

But this idea of giving to G-d first, before anything else, is all throughout the Bible.  In 1 Kings 12, Elijah is talking to the impoverished widow.   The widow says she has just enough food to eat with her son, and then they die.

Elijah tells her to make bread for himself first, and then make bread for her and her son to eat.  And the jar of flour never runs out.

Now why didn't he say, go eat all you want, and then make some for me?  Because she needed to serve the Lord first.  Then the Lord will supply for her.

You see that throughout the Bible.  So I usually tell people, no matter what you want in life, first do something for the Lord.  Whether it is a huge thing, or a tiny thing, do something for the Lord.

Mark Gungor is the Mark I think you are referring to.  Yes, he is very successful.  He's not all that rich though.  Not saying he's poor.  He's doing alright for sure.  But he's not Benny Hinn, or Joel Olsteen. 

I have taken a personality quiz. I  don't find them all that useful.  Succeeding in this world, is more about adapting to others, than trying to get others to adapt to you.   Succeeding is more about trying anything you can, and finding out what works for you, rather than trying to analyze yourself and then force what you think you are to fit something you want.

I'm not against those tests and such.  I just haven't met a single person anywhere in this world, that said their big breakthrough was a personality test.  Never met someone yet, who said the critical moment that changed their life was a personality test, and then everything started working for them.

Not against them, but I don't find them all that useful.