IGNORED

Sudden conversion?

Who here had a sudden conversion? Would you like to describe it - briefly or in-depth if you wish? I think such accounts are very inspiring. 

Mine was sudden. After a lifetime of atheism i faced the death of someone i loved. I simply instantly knew i needed God. Thus began my wonderful path to church, baptism, confirmation. It led to an incredible experience of the Holy Spirit and to so much awareness of the power of prayer. Now a few years later i continue to grow in my love for Jesus Christ, Lord of my life. However did i live before i knew Him! I was a blind, deaf fool. Now i am fully alive. 

I would love to hear from people who had similar experiences, on this forum or private message. Fellowship and mutual encouragement is so important. So few seem to understand me in my life. This is such a dark World that chooses to ignore Christ.  

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Who here had a sudden conversion? Would you like to describe it - briefly or in-depth if you wish? I think such accounts are very inspiring. 

After thirty years of church (RCC) and never hearing the gospel, I happened to go to a funeral at a small Baptist church.
The preacher told us at the end of the service,
we must be born again, we needed to be saved.
Light!
The seed was planted, and it grew.
Many loyal to Christ believers shared the word.
The seed grew, the Holy Spirit gave me light,

wisdom, knowledge, counsel.
God gave me His salvation mercy.
God is Light.....

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It took years of God's directing to orchestrate my instant conversion.

In short I was factoring the potential success of suicide by electric drill with a paddle bit to the ascending aorta, when a man started talking to me about Jesus. I started to debate him as he said in a authoritive voice that I recognized as oddly being the same as my step grandfather's from long ago. - "Stop debating, you are not clever as you think you are, it is now; there is no other time. Decide!" -  I looked down to think out my next words then  looked back up and he was gone. The garage doors still closed as they had been. Hey how did he get in here anyway? Who was that? 

So I went inside my home, sat down, flipped on tv to ponder all that, figuring to light up a cigarette.  A regular   Friday afternoon tv preacher was on the tv giving a most terrible presentation and telling  of Jesus. Though his presentation was awful, I said "If that is true I want it!" And I was instantly  indwelled with the Holy Spirit, to be a born-again believer in Jesus my Lord God and savior. I was given a gift also, one that is with me today after some 38 years. I am not a smoker of cigarettes. Never quit, just went from smoking some five and a half packs a day to zero, without quitting. Never had withdrawals, just never wanted a cigarette again. Can't say I quit,  I had failed at quitting many times. Now instead, I just wasn't the same smoker of cigarettes anymore.

That is the heart of a long  "Job" story that had brought me through many years and moved me 2800 miles to that point in time and that place; all foreknown and predestined by God, so that I would be turned about from my rebellion against Him into a bond- servant of Jesus my Lord.

Praise God for His mercy and grace upon me a sinner against Him.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 3

19 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

Briefly..... I was in my apartment, just came home, higher than a kite.

Felt this warmth come over me, knew it was God and that Jesus was the answer to.....???

This was 2 in the morning.

I opened the phone book (dating myself here) put my finger down on my landlords fathers name and called him.

He said he had been praying for me for 3 months.

There's a lot more to the story than that but that's the short version.

I once attended a workshop with a Professor of Evangelism in Ontario, Canada, John Bowen I believe his name was. He started the workshop by asking who of us had a "Damascus road experience". I was one of the few that put their hand up. it seems that is the norm.  He went on to say that he often asks believers who their team was, people that had an effect here, left a seed there, said or did something that when all put together added up to all that was needed.

I love your story. 

17 hours ago, Neighbor said:

It took years of God's directing to orchestrate my instant conversion.

In short I was factoring the potential success of suicide by electric drill with a paddle bit to the ascending aorta, when a man started talking to me about Jesus. I started to debate him as he said in a authoritive voice that I recognized as oddly being the same as my step grandfather's from long ago. - "Stop debating, you are not clever as you think you are, it is now; there is no other time. Decide!" -  I looked down to think out my next words then  looked back up and he was gone. The garage doors still closed as they had been. Hey how did he get in here anyway? Who was that? 

So I went inside my home, sat down, flipped on tv to ponder all that, figuring to light up a cigarette.  A regular   Friday afternoon tv preacher was on the tv giving a most terrible presentation and telling  of Jesus. Though his presentation was awful, I said "If that is true O want it!" And I was instantly  indwelled with the Holy Spirit, to be a born-again believer in Jesus my Lord God and savior. I was given a gift also, one that is with me today after some 38 years. I am not a smoker of cigarettes. Never quit, just went from smoking some five and a half packs a day to zero, without quitting. Never had withdrawals, just never wanted a cigarette again. Can't say I quit,  I had failed at quitting many times. Now instead, I just wasn't the same smoker of cigarettes anymore.

That is the heart of a long  "Job" story that had brought me through many years and moved me 2800 miles to that point in time and that place; all foreknown and predestined by God, so that I would be turned about from my rebellion against Him into a bond- servant of Jesus my Lord.

Praise God for His mercy and grace upon me a sinner against Him.

Hi

Praise be to Jesus. What a wonderful account. 

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

There was a young woman who worked with me and we went out to lunch a couple of times.   She simply told me she had found peace with God through asking Jesus into her heart.   I always believed in Jesus and loved Him, but I never really understood about salvation being a personal thing.   One day on my own I prayed for forgiveness and asked Jesus to come into my heart/life.    Although we don't base our faith on feelings, I did have overwhelming peace and joy when I prayed this, and I also started a walk of faith with the Lord from then on.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Prayed the sinner's prayer several times,

came forward to receive Christ many times,

water baptized twice...

But was never able to pin down at what point I realized I belong to Christ

until I remembered in kindergarten my mother was late picking me up,

I was the last kid there, I felt bad that the teacher had to remain late,

then I got scared something happened to mother... I looked up at a calendar

that had Golgotha / Calvary pictured on the top.

A feeling came over me that everything was going to be fine. And I knew

I belonged to Jesus. Age 6.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 3/20/2019 at 10:56 AM, Melinda12 said:

Mine was sudden. After a lifetime of atheism i faced the death of someone i loved. I simply instantly knew i needed God. Thus began my wonderful path to church, baptism, confirmation. It led to an incredible experience of the Holy Spirit and to so much awareness of the power of prayer. Now a few years later i continue to grow in my love for Jesus Christ, Lord of my life. However did i live before i knew Him! I was a blind, deaf fool. Now i am fully alive. 

I would love to hear from people who had similar experiences, on this forum or private message. Fellowship and mutual encouragement is so important. So few seem to understand me in my life. This is such a dark World that chooses to ignore Christ.  

Wow, I am so thrilled reading your “sudden” entrance into the kingdom of God. I’m sorry it came while facing the death of a loved one, but it seems obvious THAT was the catalyst needed for your eyes to be opened. I see you live in GB.....I hear the church there is weakening just as much, if not more, than our churches here in the States. Not surprised though. (Age of Laodicean Church, Rev 3). 

My conversion I guess happened suddenly too. I was watching Jesus of Nazareth miniseries on tv with my gf (who lived with me). While watching the crucifixion on the last day of the series I was overcome with sorrow and began weeping. I went to my bedroom and asked God to show me why this had to happen....such a great man had to die like that. 

Not to much later after that, a good friend sent me Hal Lindsey’s book, Late Great Planet Earth, and I think I didn’t get to page 10 and I was asking Jesus into my heart and confessing Him as Lord. 

Oh, in case you wondered, I did tell my gf to move out. All of  a SUDDEN I felt dirty living with her. I guess I chose the benefits of knowing Christ was greater than knowing her. She dumped me then. Lol

in love and definitely in Christ,

spock

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1