• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 3/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, Neighbor said:

It took years of God's directing to orchestrate my instant conversion.

In short I was factoring the potential success of suicide by electric drill with a paddle bit to the ascending aorta, when a man started talking to me about Jesus. I started to debate him as he said in a authoritive voice that I recognized as oddly being the same as my step grandfather's from long ago. - "Stop debating, you are not clever as you think you are, it is now; there is no other time. Decide!" -  I looked down to think out my next words then  looked back up and he was gone. The garage doors still closed as they had been. Hey how did he get in here anyway? Who was that? 

So I went inside my home, sat down, flipped on tv to ponder all that, figuring to light up a cigarette.  A regular   Friday afternoon tv preacher was on the tv giving a most terrible presentation and telling  of Jesus. Though his presentation was awful, I said "If that is true I want it!" And I was instantly  indwelled with the Holy Spirit, to be a born-again believer in Jesus my Lord God and savior. I was given a gift also, one that is with me today after some 38 years. I am not a smoker of cigarettes. Never quit, just went from smoking some five and a half packs a day to zero, without quitting. Never had withdrawals, just never wanted a cigarette again. Can't say I quit,  I had failed at quitting many times. Now instead, I just wasn't the same smoker of cigarettes anymore.

That is the heart of a long  "Job" story that had brought me through many years and moved me 2800 miles to that point in time and that place; all foreknown and predestined by God, so that I would be turned about from my rebellion against Him into a bond- servant of Jesus my Lord.

Praise God for His mercy and grace upon me a sinner against Him.

Wow.....just wow......I’m speechless!  Thanks for sharing. Glad you “Chose” not to spend eternity in a worse place than this. 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

These are someone else's conversion stories but thought you all might be interested.  The stories were both told in sermons I heard by the pastors involved.

One pastor told he was studying for his doctorate in seminary.   He was actually in the classroom when he got converted!   He said the professor said something about "then the bombs will fall." That's the moment the pastor got converted!   It just happened out of the blue.

The other pastor was raised in the circus.  As a child he was a clown which he hated, and later a trapeze artist.   Later his mother committed suicide.   He was at her grave weeping when he had a sudden conversion.   He then enrolled in seminary and even got a doctorate.   I was sorry when he finally left our church, his sermons were always so good.   After leaving our church, he became a professor in his older years at a seminary in the South.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Spock I also read late great back in the day

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Reneesb said:

Hi Spock I also read late great back in the day

Up until I read that book I never even imagined Christ could possibly return to earth in my lifetime. It boggles my mind to even try to imagine a world here on earth where even the animals could be at peace with mankind. And of course I will finally be cured of my fear of snakes. Yikes!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Debp said:

These are someone else's conversion stories but thought you all might be interested.  The stories were both told in sermons I heard by the pastors involved.

One pastor told he was studying for his doctorate in seminary.   He was actually in the classroom when he got converted!   He said the professor said something about "then the bombs will fall." That's the moment the pastor got converted!   It just happened out of the blue.

The other pastor was raised in the circus.  As a child he was a clown which he hated, and later a trapeze artist.   Later his mother committed suicide.   He was at her grave weeping when he had a sudden conversion.   He then enrolled in seminary and even got a doctorate.   I was sorry when he finally left our church, his sermons were always so good.   After leaving our church, he became a professor in his older years at a seminary in the South.

Pretty cool stories. The first one made me chuckle.... a man getting saved in his final year at Seminary college. I guess he was just going through the motions (probably happens a lot) until BAM! .....a let there be light moment ......I’m glad for him. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1