Mike 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I was just listening to Dr David Jeremiah talking about end time prophecy. He was talking about Daniels interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream of the statue in Dan. 2.  The interpretation tells of the different worldly kingdoms that will come and go in power before the second coming of Christ.

I'm wondering if, or what, significance there is to Christ coming the first time during the Roman rule (the iron of the legs). Why did God choose that time in history?

I realize that there can be some discussion about what the worldly kingdom represented by the feet could be, particularly if it ties in with the ruling Roman power of Jesus time, but I'm really wondering about the specific time 2000 years ago. Why did God plan that political / social environment?

Any thoughts?

Edited by Mike 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Interesting question. Bible does say that Jesus came in "fullness of time". Per God, it was the most appropriate time. I think lot of people explain it from a perspective that the world was better connected. Travel was easy. Roman empire was so vast and large that pretty much they were under total control. Spiritually Israel expected their Messiah anytime. We can come up with many factors. But there is no decisive answer. Scripture is silent. What we know is, it was indeed the perfect time. Because God choose it!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

Personally I believe, and many others also that the Creation account in Gen 1 of six days and one day was 6,000 years ago, Peter tells us with God a day is like 1,000 years, so then the prophecies about the coming Messiah given during first four millennium,  were leading up to the the first advent of the Messiah, ...the Church age, called in Scripture the last days, or the last two millennium, that's a total of six days in God's timing, ...and the the final or seventh day or millennium is when Jesus will come back the second time as King of the Earth and rule and reign in Jerusalem for 1,000 years. 

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, ravindran said:

Interesting question. Bible does say that Jesus came in "fullness of time". Per God, it was the most appropriate time. I think lot of people explain it from a perspective that the world was better connected. Travel was easy. Roman empire was so vast and large that pretty much they were under total control. Spiritually Israel expected their Messiah anytime. We can come up with many factors. But there is no decisive answer. Scripture is silent. What we know is, it was indeed the perfect time. Because God choose it!

Your post just about touch on everything. 

It's not the first time and I have heard it mamy times. 

Why the comment "scripture is silent", and it's usually given with such strong conviction.

When at the same time we claim, how rich and marvelous are the scriptures and the mysteries they reveal...

I am surprised that this came from someone who has demonstrated with his post indepented thought and vision...

That statement "limits", instant for "search and you shall found", asked and you shall recieved...

Keep an open mind...

Unless Jesus said I have closed your minds...

Jesus is the truth Christ and he wants to open minds, he has a policy, amongs others;

Search to oppose me and you will find me in defeat and his mercy, apostle Paul can testified to that.

The Roman Soldiers (not all), can testified to that, he was found by those who never seek him...

It's because the Romans defeated the Greeks, who the Greeks had defeated the Persians, who Persians had defeated the Egyptians...

The Egyptians could not defeate the Persians, who could not defeat the Greeks...

the prophesies to be fulfill needed a coulture with rules of law and a political system just like the Romanic one.

Everything done in order and recorder.

At the time of Jesus there were "coroners" who verified the death of prisoners.

If a prisoner faint during their lasses, and does not regain consciousness a coroner had to verified if he is dead and end the punishment....and had to file a report why the punishment could not come to completion. 

Thank's God for these rules among the Romans thst spare Jesus legs of beeing broken, and the Roman coroners witness that Jesus had die, and the test in place that aplly to prove that Jesus had indeed die on the Cross. 

We see that Jesus carried the scars  on his resurected boddy, one we see is to prove positive identification, beyond a reasonable doubt. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I'm wondering if, or what, significance there is to Christ coming the first time during the Roman rule

Shalom Mike,

Great question.

There are a number of reasons as to why it was such a great time, and that’s with my limited understanding on the matter.

1.    Genesis 49:10 Prophecy – One of the earliest prophecies of the Messiah could not have been fulfilled until the right of capital punishment left Israel.  This didn’t happen at any time, until approximately 6 AD, when Rome took the power (or scepter). According to Jewish record, the Sanhedrin walked the streets in sackcloth and ashes at that time saying “woe to us! The scepter has departed from Israel and Shiloh hasn’t come”. They were totally unaware than He was in Nazareth!
2.    Time of Revolt – Israel was a political hot pot at this time. “Messiahs” were rising up to liberate Israel and failing. Galilee was actually a very dangerous area in terms of revolutionaries and violent revolts against Roman guards.  Many were expecting a Messiah to come and violently take Jerusalem back at this time – but Yeshua came to lead Israel in the way of love and peace – getting Israel back on track, and remind them to be humble whilst under a God-ordained authority.
3.    Extended Protection – Whilst under the Roman rule, Yeshua spoke openly and freely on controversial topics. The Jews were not legally permitted to kill him at this time.  This is why some schemed and sought to get Rome on their side, ultimately succeeding to do so with a confusing case for Pilate.  But this Roman rule gave Yeshua and His followers political and legal protection for a while.  Such protection helped Paul out in many situations too.
4.    Spreading the Gospel – The Roman empire became like an archaic internet network. Many provinces were connected across Asia Minor and Europe and all used Greek as a common language.  This enabled the spread and sharing of the Septuagint (Greek Old Testament) and the Gospel, very quickly like a wild fire. No time in history before hand could have such a feat happened. 
5.     Solidifying Christianity – For all the harm Rome has done to the faith, we have to concede that they did help tremendously to solidify Christianity in the west, due to their incredibly strong authority. Yes, they took it to a dark place, but Rome was like a trampoline for the gospel!  It spread from small little Israel to the mighty Rome to the whole world.

At no other point in Israel’s history were such things possible. Not at the time of the patriarchs, the judges, the kings, the exile, the return or the Maccabean revolt.  It was a special unique window – before Rome collapsed but after it was big enough to catapult the gospel around the world. That was the earliest time in history that such a thing could have happened. 

I hope that gets the ball rolling on some ideas for you.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Your post just about touch on everything. 

It's not the first time and I have heard it mamy times. 

Why the comment "scripture is silent", and it's usually given with such strong conviction.

When at the same time we claim, how rich and marvelous are the scriptures and the mysteries they reveal...

I am surprised that this came from someone who has demonstrated with his post indepented thought and vision...

That statement "limits", instant for "search and you shall found", asked and you shall recieved...

Keep an open mind...

Unless Jesus said I have closed your minds...

Jesus is the truth Christ and he wants to open minds, he has a policy, amongs others;

Search to oppose me and you will find me in defeat and his mercy, apostle Paul can testified to that.

The Roman Soldiers (not all), can testified to that, he was found by those who never seek him...

It's because the Romans defeated the Greeks, who the Greeks had defeated the Persians, who Persians had defeated the Egyptians...

The Egyptians could not defeate the Persians, who could not defeat the Greeks...

the prophesies to be fulfill needed a coulture with rules of law and a political system just like the Romanic one.

If a prisoner faint during their lasses, and does not regain consciousness a coroner had to verified if he is dead and end the punishment....and had to file a report why the punishment could not come to completion. 

Thank's God for these rules among the Romans thst spare Jesus legs of beeing broken, and the Roman coroners witness that Jesus had die, and the test in place that aplly to prove that Jesus had indeed die on the Cross. 

We see that Jesus carried the scars  on his resurected boddy, one we see is to prove positive identification, beyond a reasonable doubt. 

I am not sure if I understand the intent of your post. I still do not see whether you addressed the question on why Jesus came, when He came.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

21 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Point taken

Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1