Jesus said It is exspeient that He had to go away

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Other than sending the Holy Spirit  there was something else  that is important to under stand. that is very pertinent. Any know why?

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I think that looking at the whole passage will make clearer what all he was talking about when he said "expedient" [or to their advantage].

John 16:5-15

The Work of the Holy Spirit

“I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’  But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.  And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:  concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;  concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer;  concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.  When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.  He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.  All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

I see three reasons that Jesus had to go to the Father.  And all three are about the Holy Spirit.

[1]  He still had a teaching to give, but could not because they were not ready.  He said, "But you cannot bear it now."  Why not?  Because he had not died and resurrected  yet.  The 12 [well, the 11] didn't "get it" until after the resurrection and even then - not all got fully.  Jesus said that when the Holy Spirit came upon them that the Holy Spirit would guide them [and us] into all truth.  If Jesus were still on earth, he could not reach - while in human form - every single person on the planet of all time.  His body - though incorruptible - would be limited.  Once the Holy Spirit came - the church would spread like wildfire.

[2]  The Holy Spirit would glorify Christ and teach believers - all believers.

[3] They were upset.  He told them not to be that the Holy Spirit was coming and would convict the whole world of sin because they did not believe Jesus.  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

22 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Other than sending the Holy Spirit  there was something else  that is important to under stand. that is very pertinent. Any know why?

So we can partner with Him in trails, faith and life--even death. We are here to do exciting works!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

He had to leave for even the disciples wanted an earthly Messiah. The people worshiped Him until they saw Him taken to the cross. They thought their Messiah would deliver them from the Romans and restore the Jewish nation. Being in the flesh They would force Him to be their political leader.

Jesus was of the spiritual kingdom of God and could not remain He sent the Holy Spirit to replace Him in our hearts. He said he was with them but would also be in them. We must believe he suffered for our sins and rose from the dead giving us eternal life. The world wants an earthly political leader. and they shall have him not long from now. 

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, Mike Mclees said:

It depends on faith some faiths add to the bible.