thomas t

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I have always believed that “ light is the best disinfectant”. There is a part of me that wishes every weird-o on  the planet  could come in here and show his or her rear end and be exposed for the fool that they are, if indeed, they happen to be fools.That being said, I have surely seen much in my first year here at Worthy, but George has been here a lot longer than me and so have the Moderators.I’ve seen enough that I trust their judgement when it comes to running this place.Knowing full-well That they have prayed about the issues that concern this site and being certain that they are not blind to the gravity that God attaches to a place that deals with Eternal subjects that we routinely find here—— let’s support those that will answer to God for this site and pray that God continue to grant them Wisdom.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

14 minutes ago, George said:

The reality is ... both have a place ... and both aspects are being accomplished.

Thank you George. All you say is prefectly right.

Trying to disciple - that's so important, I agree. Of course there should be a possiblity to do this without anybody jumping in.

But still, the section in which the non-believers can post is invisible to 99% of the users, and the public. Making them invisible - this is a really really hugh price to pay.

The other part in contrast, which is reaching out to non-believers, cannot be accomplished, when they read in the main section comparisons with "pooping dear". We've read all this in this very thread. It's so sad.

But what you say remains true: this aim cannot be reached, either, if believers call them "swine" in debating. It is exactly as you say - I absolutely agree.

As Tzephanyahu said, this kind of statements hinder them to accept the free gift of the Lord - the very gift that made life worth living! For us.

So let's work hard to give an effort to convince everyone that it is wrong to speak about non-believers in a scornful manner.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
spelling
  • Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, thomas t said:

So let's work hard to give an effort to convince everyone that it is wrong to speak about non-believers in a scornful manner.

While this is the ideal ... after running a forum for almost 20 years ... it's impossible with 60,000 members!  :)

Another aspect you don't see ... is that the threads available via Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines are believers discussing with other believers a great number of topics.  This allows our witness on the internet to be stronger. 

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

3 hours ago, George said:

Another aspect you don't see ... is that the threads available via Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines are believers discussing with other believers a great number of topics.  This allows our witness on the internet to be stronger. 

ok, now I see. I see your passion. Thank you for all your work.

But the downside of mentioned aspect being something like an ivory tower, in my opinion.

Let me explain what I mean. While secularists can't say anything concerning theology, in my view, they can when it comes to philosophy:

Take this thread, for instance. We have many Christians that bask in philosophy for some reason.

The only poster from the atheist side, who was coming out as atheist in this very thread, couldn't adress all the points raised, I think.

Here is my point: maybe a 50% of the arguments raised was flawed. But noone was there to adress it. Everyone just shouting halleluja and so on. The thread was about "proof" for the creator.

But when these posters meet reality and encounter some resistance from atheists, all their points raised might tumble down.

The problem I see here is that we have too many sandcastles (in philosophy and apologetics, in a more general sense). If there were atheists around, they would simply help burn down the useless stuff and what would be left could be called real "proof" for the creator? The human body, too, consists of more non-human cells that human ones, by the way.

The invisibility of their posts, however, is what makes me wonder most. While believer's posts can be read anywhere, atheists here on worthy only enjoy the type of free speech that is made invisible. To me this comes across as classifying them as individuals who are treated as inferior or as second class in the eyes of posters here.

Thank you very much for giving this topic so much thought.

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
typo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,557
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

I think thats not a wise thing to do. Although i do feel christians should exercise more patience. I can say from experience when ivr had some questions or issues with god many would be so quick to turn and attack me. Thats not helpful at all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

I commend George for the rules he has set up for this board, non-believers have their place where they can post, ..and there are some competent mature saints here that can respond to them in a loving Christlike manner.

However, we must remember, George will one day stand before Jesus to receive his rewards for the works he has done, ...one of the primary concerns of our Lord is the little children, ...have we protected them, ...young believers are weak in the faith, Paul and Peter both tell us they can only receive the milk of the Word, if the lost were to be admitted to the family diner table, just think of the heresy that would be spewed out on the table for the youngun's to be listening to, ...it's very hard to unlearn false teaching and doctrine, so along with George we must take care of them John 21:16  

• This is Worthy 2

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

12 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

I commend George for the rules he has set up for this board, non-believers have their place where they can post, ..and there are some competent mature saints here that can respond to them in a loving Christlike manner.

However, we must remember, George will one day stand before Jesus to receive his rewards for the works he has done, ...one of the primary concerns of our Lord is the little children, ...have we protected them, ...young believers are weak in the faith, Paul and Peter both tell us they can only receive the milk of the Word, if the lost were to be admitted to the family diner table, just think of the heresy that would be spewed out on the table for the youngun's to be listening to, ...it's very hard to unlearn false teaching and doctrine, so along with George we must take care of them John 21:16  

Thanks and this is something that is often weighed on my mind at all times.  

Just so you know, over the past week, we had roughly 500 different members visit the forums over the week, however, we had 21,840 unique visitors to Worthy over the same time!  So there are over 20,000 fresh faces that are being witnessed in some way or another.  This is another aspect that most people never consider when they post -- what they post!  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, George said:

Thanks and this is something that is often weighed on my mind at all times.  

Just so you know, over the past week, we had roughly 500 different members visit the forums over the week, however, we had 21,840 unique visitors to Worthy over the same time!  So there are over 20,000 fresh faces that are being witnessed in some way or another.  This is another aspect that most people never consider when they post -- what they post!  

Those figures are very encouraging.......at the same time, they are humbling and sobering......I can only pray that my posts can be a blessing to somebody..... I always pray that God blesses my one finger that does all my “ typing”..... lol.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am not sure that one can appreciate what Worthy has morphed into without being here to understand why..  George has done a magnificent job of making this a good place for Christians to come and have good conversations without being disrupted by alpha atheists who come just to disrupt things; but also take care of people who have not made the decision to follow Jesus in a safe place to learn...

Thank you for all your work George.....    and for the people who are part of the ministry, and the time they spend watching over the conversations and those who work live in the Chat rooms dealing with it all....           

• This is Worthy 1