Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
thomas t

"I feel offended!"

Recommended Posts

On 3/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, thomas t said:

Dear community,

non-believers can't post in the main sections. They are assigned a seperate section. I don't know where that section is.

To me, assigning them some invisible seperate section comes across as wanting to serve them lunch below the table. At the same time, we sit at the table enjoying our meal conversing with each other, i find this is horrible. Making them invisible is the same as ostracising them.

But I do think that George is spirit-led when he dicides that way. I believe him when he says it's better for them to be seperated from the rest.

So let's think about why the Holy Spirit might tell him to resort to such a measure. I think this might be because conditions for the non-believing side within the main sections would be so incredibly bad that it appears better to shut them out altogether.
Maybe, while sitting at the table to stay in the picture, the others would behave in a manner that's even more rude than having them sit under the table.

So please let's have a look at how we treat provocative quetsions in general. For asking provocative questions is exactly what non-believers do all the time.

In another thread someone asked a question that somehow managed to combine the notion of God and rape & murder in one sentence! Then I saw one lady answering this by "I feel offended!" (or some similar answer). But it wasn't anything like a statement that frankly stated that God was responsible for that. It simply was a question. Telling the inquirer "I feel offended" (or something similar) in this situation came across as wanting to shut him up, I think. Others gave what I would call a one-size-fits-all-answer, subsequetly declaring that his question has been answered "in full", although the question was complicated in my understanding. Also a means of shutting the inquirer up?

Now, this is my point: if we reply to provocative questions in this manner, inviting non-believer to the main sections again would be devastating. Even more than the current situation is (I think it's devastating). We must have freedom of speech, even for the non-believing side, I think. Please let's do something so the Holy Spirit could finally tell George to open the sections up for non-believers.

Regards,

Thomas

It's  not about feelings...it's about obedience. 

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
    and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.”

Therefore,“Come out from them
    and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
    and I will receive you.”

And,“I will be a Father to you,
    and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”  2 Corinthians 6:14:18

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, valenciarosejjj said:

It's  not about feelings...it's about obedience. 

Hi Valencia, nice to talk to you!

I'm not saying we should not be obedient to God. We always should!

God is our father. everything we enjoy comes from him and I am grateful for that.

 

So let me explain what I mean.

I am highly against the inquirer's position to remain unchallenged! I totally agree (once again) with brother Tzephanyahu. As he said in that thread:

If you think the inquirer wrote something against the Lord.... challenge it! I would even like to add, challenge it quickly! So that the weak sheep among us remain in the herd!

 

But do it right! Do it without resorting to strategies that are insulting or aimed at shutting the inquirer up, please.

 

Regards,

Thomas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, thomas t said:

Dear community,

non-believers can't post in the main sections. They are assigned a seperate section. I don't know where that section is.

To me, assigning them some invisible seperate section comes across as wanting to serve them lunch below the table. At the same time, we sit at the table enjoying our meal conversing with each other, i find this is horrible. Making them invisible is the same as ostracising them.

But I do think that George is spirit-led when he dicides that way. I believe him when he says it's better for them to be seperated from the rest.

So let's think about why the Holy Spirit might tell him to resort to such a measure. I think this might be because conditions for the non-believing side within the main sections would be so incredibly bad that it appears better to shut them out altogether.
Maybe, while sitting at the table to stay in the picture, the others would behave in a manner that's even more rude than having them sit under the table.

So please let's have a look at how we treat provocative quetsions in general. For asking provocative questions is exactly what non-believers do all the time.

In another thread someone asked a question that somehow managed to combine the notion of God and rape & murder in one sentence! Then I saw one lady answering this by "I feel offended!" (or some similar answer). But it wasn't anything like a statement that frankly stated that God was responsible for that. It simply was a question. Telling the inquirer "I feel offended" (or something similar) in this situation came across as wanting to shut him up, I think. Others gave what I would call a one-size-fits-all-answer, subsequetly declaring that his question has been answered "in full", although the question was complicated in my understanding. Also a means of shutting the inquirer up?

Now, this is my point: if we reply to provocative questions in this manner, inviting non-believer to the main sections again would be devastating. Even more than the current situation is (I think it's devastating). We must have freedom of speech, even for the non-believing side, I think. Please let's do something so the Holy Spirit could finally tell George to open the sections up for non-believers.

Regards,

Thomas

If they can read our conversations that is good enough. I’m not sure they could though. But I agree, the family of God needs time alone too. Many of us may not even attend a church seeing that few are exalting God rather than man (Laodecean Age). 

By the way, where do they post? I’d like to go and see if I can be useful there. I’ve been a believer for over 40 years so God may want me to use some of this knowledge and grace  he has Imparted to me to be a blessing to them (cast a few seeds).

Edited by Spock
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Valencia, nice to talk to you!

I'm not saying we should not be obedient to God. We always should!

God is our father. everything we enjoy comes from him and I am grateful for that.

 

So let me explain what I mean.

I am highly against the inquirer's position to remain unchallenged! I totally agree (once again) with brother Tzephanyahu. As he said in that thread:

If you think the inquirer wrote something against the Lord.... challenge it! I would even like to add, challenge it quickly! So that the weak sheep among us remain in the herd!

 

But do it right! Do it without resorting to strategies that are insulting or aimed at shutting the inquirer up, please.

 

Regards,

Thomas

 

The holy people of the old would love this post....

Jesus show some example when he visited the Samaritans, and eventually sent Philip to them. 

The Gospel was wellcome by the Gentiles...

The bride of Jesus Christ is consisting of an ethnic variant including all people of the earth.....

Moses married to an Ethiopian wife, often wontering if she was really beautiful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Valencia, nice to talk to you!

I'm not saying we should not be obedient to God. We always should!

God is our father. everything we enjoy comes from him and I am grateful for that.

 

So let me explain what I mean.

I am highly against the inquirer's position to remain unchallenged! I totally agree (once again) with brother Tzephanyahu. As he said in that thread:

If you think the inquirer wrote something against the Lord.... challenge it! I would even like to add, challenge it quickly! So that the weak sheep among us remain in the herd!

 

But do it right! Do it without resorting to strategies that are insulting or aimed at shutting the inquirer up, please.

 

Regards,

Thomas

 

Hi Thomas! Thank you for responding to my post. First, let me just say that I am aware that as Christians, we should be patience with and have compassion for all. But please allow me to explain my position. I considered this forum as a church – a place where the body of believers gather together in fellowship and in worship and praise for our glorious Father. If we start to freely engage in debates with unbelievers, it will interfere with the purpose that this forum was created for. God is not a God of confusion…he likes order. And if this forum were to grant unbelievers freedom to post as they choose, they will just run amuck, creating chaos and dissension - just like they always have ever since Jesus walked this earth. I’ve seen it happened on in other sites.

Brother Thomas, we must remember something that is very, very important…when we are dealing with unbelievers, we are dealing with the works of Satan. This is something we should avoid as much as possible. We cannot argue someone into believing something they do not want to believe in. That is not what we are called to do. We are called to testify about Jesus Christ and plant seeds by sharing the message of the Gospel. And we have done this within this forum. Yes, Christians are supposed to be salt and light to the world. We are to be gentle and kindhearted in spirit to everyone. But anti-Christianity is real. And Christians should never give those who oppose God the freedom to blaspheme against him.

God bless you, in Jesus name.

“It is to one’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.” Proverbs 20:3

“Remind them of these things and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers.” 2 Timothy 2:14

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Peter helps out here nicely "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.But do this with gentleness and respect."(N.I.V. 1 Pet.3;15)If it is a truthful answer  which "hurts" or "offends" someone then better that they feel "offended" now, while there is still a chance, than before they enter the narrow gate"(Mt 7:13) of final judgement.For sure  there will be much time to "feel offended" in hell with its "weeping and gnashing of teeth"(Mt 8:12) 

Edited by Hands On
punctuation
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Spock said:

If they can read our conversations that is good enough. I’m not sure they could though. But I agree, the family of God needs time alone too. Many of us may not even attend a church seeing that few are exalting God rather than man (Laodecean Age). 

All the main forums within the Worthy Christian Forums section is read by all ... and you don't even need to be registered to read those forums.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, George said:

Thanks and this is something that is often weighed on my mind at all times.  

Just so you know, over the past week, we had roughly 500 different members visit the forums over the week, however, we had 21,840 unique visitors to Worthy over the same time!  So there are over 20,000 fresh faces that are being witnessed in some way or another.  This is another aspect that most people never consider when they post -- what they post!  

That's why we rely on you to get after us when we get out of line :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ClosestFriend,

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus show some example when he visited the Samaritans, and eventually sent Philip to them. 

[...]

The bride of Jesus Christ is consisting of an ethnic variant including all people of the earth..... 

Thank you so much for pointing this out. Thank you for your participation in the thread.

Thomas

+++

Hi Valencia,

3 hours ago, valenciarosejjj said:

[Worthy shall be] a place where the body of believers gather together in fellowship and in worship and praise for our glorious Father.

Yes, of course. But when it comes to "entertaining" people here using philosophy, for instance, I have trouble seeing why making the unbeliever's posts invisible is "worship and praise". Look, I truly trust in George and believe that he made the right decision. Nevertheless, I'm against any cheering for shutting them out of philosophy debates, for instance. For non-believers can truly be great philosophers.

George simply shuts them out, and he explained the reason. It is as it is, but we need to know the price he paid for this situation to exist. He sacrified equality, in my opinion. Non-believers now feel as individuals treated as inferior or second class, when they can't even participate in the philosophy discussions. They also can be of great help when Christians shout out loud to have found "overwhelming" scientific evididence for this and that - nonbelievers can truly be great scientists, so why can't they even participate in debating science (yes - I know why... just asking for the sake of the argument). They could help to pull down all the fake science that happens to appear on worthy, in my opinion. When they are shut out from participating in this, they can't use their skills in here, they can't show what they are good at. Hence they must feel treated in a condescending manner when the opposite is true.

3 hours ago, valenciarosejjj said:

unbelievers, we are dealing with the works of Satan. This is something we should avoid as much as possible.

Jesus has been killed by - other than what people might think - believers, see Matthew 21:38. Those even believed in Jesus as the son of God (same verse). So I don't understand why people always try to link non-believers to Satan.

Also read Tzephanyahus post in this thread concerning the same matter.

Best Regards,

Thomas

----

17 hours ago, Spock said:

By the way, where do they post?

If they post, I think it's called "the Worthy Pavillion", as Neighbor pointed out on page 1. Concerning shutting out the non-believers, please read my reply to ValenciaRoses just above these lines.

Thomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's surprising how Jesus sent the disciples to  some strange cultures, and asked them to anounce the good news, in many of those trips inland they the worse it got. 

What I am attempting to show is, they were asked to preach the Gospel without trying to change the coulture of people, they did not asked the people to loose their identity....they did not come against the state...

One day a moslem girl asked a fellow student if she can believe in Jesus Christ and remained in her coulture...she was asking if as a believer she could remain a SECRET BELIEVER....

To my surprise she told her no. 

She was asking her together with her faith to renounce her coulture, deal with her wrath of her parents, relatives and comunity as a seventeen years old..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...