douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus Christ is the good shepherd, and Israel his sheep. Psalm 100:3

John 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Those who scattered Israel, false messiahs, false prophets, the Pharisees, are in view above.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

The scattered sheep is the believing remnant of Israel; the little flock.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The other sheep are the scattered, believing remnant. The believing remnant scattered into other countries, will be all gathered together, to form one nation, one fold; Israel and Judah will be one nation.

Jeremiah 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

2 hours ago, douge said:

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Those who scattered Israel, false messiahs, false prophets, the Pharisees, are in view above.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The other sheep are the scattered, believing remnant. The believing remnant scattered into other countries, will be all gathered together, to form one nation, one fold; Israel and Judah will be one nation.

Jeremiah 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

What is the relevance of this to your average Christian going about his buisness?

What difference should it make to his daily life?

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, douge said:

John 10:16

And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Sheep are a symbol of the true believers. Gentiles are no less sheep than the true sheep of Israel. This has to do with the universal body of Christ Ephesians 3:6. Eventually both Jews and Gentiles will live happily together with Christ in the Millennium Kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

John 10:16

And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Sheep are a symbol of the true believers. Gentiles are no less sheep than the true sheep of Israel. This has to do with the universal body of Christ Ephesians 3:6. Eventually both Jews and Gentiles will live happily together with Christ in the Millennium Kingdom.

Hello

And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace. 1 Kings 22:17

But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 10:6

If it is comforting for you to be thought of as a sheep, that's fine. I am just relaying what is Biblical. Israel is the sheep, but, we can appreciate Jesus knowing from this, his character, attributes, and his care and love for us.

5 hours ago, Who me said:

What is the relevance of this to your average Christian going about his buisness?

What difference should it make to his daily life?

Hello

Many think that the other sheep are Gentiles.

We have a tendency to think everything is about us, the church, the body of Christ. I am presenting what I have learned, to aide in considering who, and what is being spoken of in Biblical passages.

I am posting to offer my insight as an aide to stimulate Bible study, to stimulate a deeper Bible study to grasp the wisdom and richness of scripture.

Challenge me if I am in error.

I am writing to prevent error, which could impact a daily walk.

I write for consideration only, it can be rejected at will.

Edited by douge
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace. 1 Kings 22:17

But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 10:6

If it is comforting for you to be thought of as a sheep, that's fine. I am just relaying what is Biblical. Israel is the sheep, but, we can appreciate Jesus knowing from this, his character, attributes, and his care and love for us.

God first compared the Israelites to sheep and later applied that label to all who are called by His name (Ezekiel 34; Matthew 10:6; 15:24). God’s people are compared to sheep for several reasons (Psalm 79:13; 100:3). First of all, sheep are one of the few animals that do not have a defense system. Sheep are helpless without a shepherd (Matthew 9:36; Numbers 27:17). The first line of Psalm 23 reflects the wonderful truth that God Himself is our Defender: “The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing.” Without the Lord our Shepherd, we are helpless when our enemy Satan attacks (2 Thessalonians 3:3).

Second, sheep are notorious for following the leader, regardless of how dangerous or foolish that may be. Like sheep, human beings are extremely gullible when an attractive or charismatic leader promises a shiny new idea. History is replete with tragic illustrations of the “herd mentality” in action (Acts 13:50; 19:34; Numbers 16:2). That sheep-like mentality was in evidence when Pilate brought Jesus before the people to ask what should be done with Him. Only days before, Jesus had been the popular Teacher who healed, forgave, and taught about God. People eagerly followed Him. But, less than a week later, “the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead” (Mark 15:11). Within moments, the very crowd that had witnessed His miracles was shouting, “Crucify Him!”

A third reason human beings are compared to sheep in the Bible is that sheep are prone to wander away from the flock (Isaiah 53:6). A sheep’s only chance of survival is with the flock under the care of a competent shepherd. Yet sheep become overconfident, rebellious, or distracted, and they wander away. They spy greener grass in the other direction or fail to notice when the flock moves away. Peter had this tendency in mind when he warned the church to be on the alert because the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8). A lion does not attack the flock. It waits until a solitary lamb wanders too far from the shepherd. One of Jesus’ most famous parables is about a lamb that strayed so far it became lost. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, left the ninety-nine sheep in the fold and went in search of the one lost lamb (Luke 15:2–17).
https://www.gotquestions.org/sheep-in-the-Bible.html

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

God first compared the Israelites to sheep and later applied that label to all who are called by His name (Ezekiel 34; Matthew 10:6; 15:24). God’s people are compared to sheep for several reasons (Psalm 79:13; 100:3). First of all, sheep are one of the few animals that do not have a defense system. Sheep are helpless without a shepherd (Matthew 9:36; Numbers 27:17). The first line of Psalm 23 reflects the wonderful truth that God Himself is our Defender: “The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing.” Without the Lord our Shepherd, we are helpless when our enemy Satan attacks (2 Thessalonians 3:3).

Second, sheep are notorious for following the leader, regardless of how dangerous or foolish that may be. Like sheep, human beings are extremely gullible when an attractive or charismatic leader promises a shiny new idea. History is replete with tragic illustrations of the “herd mentality” in action (Acts 13:50; 19:34; Numbers 16:2). That sheep-like mentality was in evidence when Pilate brought Jesus before the people to ask what should be done with Him. Only days before, Jesus had been the popular Teacher who healed, forgave, and taught about God. People eagerly followed Him. But, less than a week later, “the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead” (Mark 15:11). Within moments, the very crowd that had witnessed His miracles was shouting, “Crucify Him!”

A third reason human beings are compared to sheep in the Bible is that sheep are prone to wander away from the flock (Isaiah 53:6). A sheep’s only chance of survival is with the flock under the care of a competent shepherd. Yet sheep become overconfident, rebellious, or distracted, and they wander away. They spy greener grass in the other direction or fail to notice when the flock moves away. Peter had this tendency in mind when he warned the church to be on the alert because the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8). A lion does not attack the flock. It waits until a solitary lamb wanders too far from the shepherd. One of Jesus’ most famous parables is about a lamb that strayed so far it became lost. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, left the ninety-nine sheep in the fold and went in search of the one lost lamb (Luke 15:2–17).
https://www.gotquestions.org/sheep-in-the-Bible.html

Hello

You mentioned that Sheep in the passages you mentioned apply to all who call on his name;

Ezekiel 34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel

Israel is being addressed

Matthew 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Israel is in view

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Israel is in view

In the Bible, sheep are a literal reference to Israel, but that does not prohibit finding comfort in applying spiritual blessings of passages to ourselves. There are spiritual applications and profitability from all scripture. 2 Timothy 3:16

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:18 PM, douge said:

Two questions;

1. Are you born again?

2. If so, are you Jewish?

18 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Two questions;

1. Are you born again?

2. If so, are you Jewish?

Hello

I am in Christ.

Born again is actually for Israel. Paul never uses it in his epistles. Israel had to be born of water and spirit, baptism and the Holy Ghost to see the kingdom on earth. John3:1-10

No, I am not Jewish. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, douge said:

I am in Christ.

Born again is actually for Israel. Paul never uses it in his epistles. Israel had to be born of water and spirit, baptism and the Holy Ghost to see the kingdom on earth. John3:1-10

No, I am not Jewish. 

Yes, you are correct, Paul didn't use the words born again, ...but Peter did:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1 Pet 1:3

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.   1 Pet 1:23

It's the same word, ...if you don't believe me look it up in Strong's Concordance. 

However, Paul was saying the same thing in these verses:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Cor 5:17

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. Gal 6:15

So you say you are in Christ, ...but are not born again, ...here's what Paul says about that:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:1-4

Please don't be angry with me, ...I'm just showing you Scripture, I didn't write it, ...God did.

Lord bless