• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

I am in Christ.

Born again is actually for Israel. Paul never uses it in his epistles. Israel had to be born of water and spirit, baptism and the Holy Ghost to see the kingdom on earth. John3:1-10

No, I am not Jewish. 

I went through all these messages so far, and I'm not entirely sure on what you are mainly trying to point out. Are you claiming salvation, being born again is only for Israelite's?  Is that it? You are not Jewish you say, and you say you are saved, so are you claiming that those of Israel are saved differently than those who are not Jews or Israelites? What's the point?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

17 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Yes, you are correct, Paul didn't use the words born again, ...but Peter did:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1 Pet 1:3

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.   1 Pet 1:23

It's the same word, ...if you don't believe me look it up in Strong's Concordance. 

However, Paul was saying the same thing in these verses:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Cor 5:17

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. Gal 6:15

So you say you are in Christ, ...but are not born again, ...here's what Paul says about that:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:1-4

Please don't be angry with me, ...I'm just showing you Scripture, I didn't write it, ...God did.

Lord bless

Hello

Why would I be angry? Thanks for your post.

First off we both believe the gospel by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 This is the gospel for us today.

You are correct, Peter wrote of "being born again" but please look at this verse:

1 Peter 1:1  Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
Peter is writing to Jews that were scattered. Though profitable for us, this epistle is not written to the body of Christ. These scriptures, Hebrews through Revelation, are doctrinal for Israel. Our doctrine and instructions are found in Paul's epistles.

The "new creature" that Paul writes of is the body of Christ. The body of Christ is the church in the dispensation of grace revealed to Paul by Jesus. It is by grace through faith in Christ alone. It is by believing the gospel of the complete salvation by the cross. It is the new creature, or new man God made of Jew and Gentile, to reconcile both by the cross to form one new man.  2 Corinthians 5:17  Ephesians 2:15

17 hours ago, Xethea said:

I went through all these messages so far, and I'm not entirely sure on what you are mainly trying to point out. Are you claiming salvation, being born again is only for Israelite's?  Is that it? You are not Jewish you say, and you say you are saved, so are you claiming that those of Israel are saved differently than those who are not Jews or Israelites? What's the point?

Hello

Thanks for the post.

First of all the main issue here is that we are both in Christ. We have been saved by believing the gospel of Christ's complete salvation to eternal life for us. It is by grace through faith in Christ Jesus alone. The gospel for us in this dispensation is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Now there are two programs for salvation. Israel and the body of Christ, to reconcile heaven and earth to God.

Israel during the earthly ministry of Jesus was saved UNTO ETERNAL LIFE by faith. They had to believe in the name of Jesus, believe Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. This is their gospel.  Mark 1:1 John 20:31

Israel had to believe the gospel of the kingdom, be baptized, confess him, sell all, and obey the law to be saved TO ENTER THE DAVIDIC KINGDOM on earth, and reign with Christ.  Matthew 4:23

Now, Israel could not keep the law to enter the kingdom so Jesus shed his blood for the new testament. The new testament was made with Israel only and would enable them by the Holy Ghost to obey the law. Ezekiel 36:24-28

Today the gospel of the grace of God is for Jew and Gentile. We have eternal life in the heavenly places in Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, douge said:

Peter is writing to Jews that were scattered. Though profitable for us, this epistle is not written to the body of Christ. These scriptures, Hebrews through Revelation, are doctrinal for Israel. Our doctrine and instructions are found in Paul's epistles.

Really..., really..., ...the Jews don't even accept or read the New Testament!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  2 Tim 3:16

The scholarly debate over the word ALL is does it mean EVERY Scripture or ALL Scripture?

The words inspiration of God means literally God breathed, so if we use the Divine plan for correct doctrine:

Whom shall He teach knowledge? and whom shall He make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Isa 28:9, 10

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

and:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

So then:

And when He putteth forth His own sheep, He goeth before them, and the sheep follow Him: for they know His voice. John 10:4

And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. John 10:5

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. John 10:16

That me! ...I'm one of the other sheep Jesus is talking about, so whether it's ALL or EVERY Scripture in the New Testament OR the Old Testament, ...I hear the voice of my Lord!

...and a strange voice I will not follow!

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  2 Tim 3:16

The scholarly debate over the word ALL is does it mean EVERY Scripture or ALL Scripture?

The words inspiration of God means literally God breathed, so if we use the Divine plan for correct doctrine:

Whom shall He teach knowledge? and whom shall He make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Isa 28:9, 10

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

and:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

So then:

And when He putteth forth His own sheep, He goeth before them, and the sheep follow Him: for they know His voice. John 10:4

And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. John 10:5

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. John 10:16

That me! ...I'm one of the other sheep Jesus is talking about, so whether it's ALL or EVERY Scripture in the New Testament OR the Old Testament, ...I hear the voice of my Lord!

Hello

The New Testament label applied to the Bible is not God breathed......this was a man made designation for Matthew on. Peter's epistle is new testament according to God and not in the sense we use for the man made Biblical classification.

The new testament is also called "new covenant" and is used by God and is in the Bible.....it does not mean the Biblical epistles of Matthew thru Revelation, but is the new covenant expressed in this verse:

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Jeremiah 31:31

It is the covenant to Israel made by God.

If you would like to think of yourself as a sheep, that is fine, but Biblically Israel is the sheep of God.

Matthew 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Yes, you are correct, Paul didn't use the words born again, ...but Peter did:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1 Pet 1:3

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.   1 Pet 1:23

It's the same word, ...if you don't believe me look it up in Strong's Concordance. 

However, Paul was saying the same thing in these verses:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Cor 5:17

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. Gal 6:15

So you say you are in Christ, ...but are not born again, ...here's what Paul says about that:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:1-4

Please don't be angry with me, ...I'm just showing you Scripture, I didn't write it, ...God did.

Lord bless

Just for for discussion, please do not see an attack...

I follow your comments and also our brother -the poster- about your comments when you asked "are you born again". 

I see that you agree with him in that , that this apply to the Jews....not just because he was speaking to a Jew, but also that the time was near that the Jews soon enough will stoped beeing the people of God. 

Nicodemus who was born in the nation of God, because of the his blood line and also they obeyed the Law. 

In two words as the brother said, Nicodemus has to be In CHRIST to be part of the Nation of God...

As in the past the Gentiles were not the people of God, so it will be for the Jews they will not be the people of God, unless they are in CHRIST, 

Jesus was telling Nicodemus that he need to be born again in CHRIST...to be of the blood line of Jesus Christ...to believe in Jesus Christ after he sees him dead on the Cross...

Jesus was telling Nicodemus that soon he will die on the Cross, and then raised from the dead and God will start a knew Family from him...

This was truth not only for Nicodemus but also for anyone who was under the old covenant...

During that time for the people who were in God under the Mosaic Law...

They needed to be born into CHRIST Jesus to continue being the people of God...

Nicodemus believe and was in CHRIST JESUS....

if Nicodemus had children borned in the old, they too needed to be born in the new, to be in CHRIST. To believe in Jesus Christ....

If they did not, they were children of God by their understanding  only...they were not and did not understand this...

Now if Nicodemus had children after he was in CHRIST....

He will bring them up in CHRIST, -not as his other children who he brought up in Moses and needed to be born again into CHRIST, because the kingdom of God in Jesus Christ came during their time...and found them in Moses.  

We are born in CHRIST to believing parents...who dedicated us to Jesus Christ, we are in CHRIST , we learn to believe from our parents..

As adults to make a consious pledge to continue in CHRIST is a consious continuation..

We were always in CHRIST...

To say to be born again in CHRIST to someone who is in CHRIST, is like telling him something that it's not truth....

That he was not in CHRIST before when he all the time. He Was....

To grow and connect depper into the things of Christ, this is deferent...

To have and experience a new awakening this is also deferent...

As it happened to the disciples many times in their lives...once the strongest one on the day of Penticost. 

PS

I respond to you, because you said; yes Jesus was calling Nicodemus to come out of Moses and to be borned to him, to the new family of God, a family for the whole world , which includes the Jews. 

One God, and One Lord and Savior, who died for all, Jesus Christ. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 3/25/2019 at 12:08 PM, JustPassingThru said:

and:

So then:

This is another reason why i don't like English translations so much, when it says "ALL" it isn't always all things of all things. Sometimes, it's always all of a certain thing. Like, when it says "the world," sometimes people think it means Christians and non believers, because the world includes ALL the people on it, right? but sometimes, it just means the non believers. Like "God so loved the "world..." in John 3;16, and then you have verses telling us not to be like "the world." Does that mean don't be like a Christian or a non believer then? Like verses Romans 12;2, 1 john 2;15, James 4;4, etc. You can't "always" take scripture literally when it's English. You know that. Sometimes texting someone something simple, it actually can be misunderstood what you meant, that they took it the wrong way and got the opposite or different meaning of what you meant even though you didn't describe it wrong. We just have to understand how and why the scripture is telling us what it says. If we were reading more original and specific languages, we'd understand this much more clearly. 

The Lord chooses His sheep, and He gives them to Jesus, and those sheep will know His voice. That doesn't include everyone in the world.