• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

“ all things are lawful......” Apostle Paul

nobody needs a license to sin.....we all sin enough without one

personaly,immediately after my heart operation done for free by the Holy Spirit,I was given a license to rest and I don’t want to sin anymore even though I could do so and still be saved.Actually, I sin every hour of every day as you do.....thank God for the Grace he gives us undeserving sinners .it is the only thing that gets us to the point of loving and obeying God.God wants the one thing He can’t create—- love.I promise you will never get there by law- Keeping. The law stirs up sin.Only Grace will produce genuine love

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, choir loft said:

Hi choir loft,

To `follow the Lord` as I said, means to believe and obey Him. I think you would agree there. And as we do that then we fulfil the law for it is Christ in us who has done that.

Marilyn.

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, choir loft said:

The post-modern church justifies it wickedness by pleading grace and ignoring the requirements of the Law.  How much greater judgment has the post-modern church earned for itself when it:

condones predatory sexual attacks by leaders against youth (Protestant as well as Catholics, though Protestants are better at suppressing the news),

approves and supports financial criminal activity (TV televangelists such as convicted felon Jimmie Baker - who's at it again, btw),

when it denies the divine authority of the Word of God (stated policy of the Lutheran & Presbyterian churches),

when it approves of the activity of sodomites (Methodist and Episcopal churches) 

and when it openly curses the State of Israel (BDS movement - currently all denominational churches except Baptist, the "of God" churches and independents).

The spirit has expressly abandoned all of the offending groups.  To paraphrase Revelations, their candle has been put out.  To also paraphrase 1 Samuel 4:21 the church is ICHABOD.  (Look up the meaning of the name.)

What will the Master find the church doing when He comes?

I shudder to consider the thought.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Hi choir loft,

There are so many believers that do NOT belong to man`s religious organisations. They are the `church` the ekklesia of God, the `called out ones,` from Israel and the nations. Then there are those who go to meetings run by organisations and do NOT agree with the `sins` of the religious institution. They are there to help others as long as they can till God moves them on. They are also believers and are part of the `church.`

It is the Holy Spirit that sets us in the Body, (corporate) (1 Cor. 12: 18) and He certainly has not left us, (I know Ichabod). The Lord knows who are His and those in man`s organisations will eventually have to make a stand.

`Ichabod,` is for the religious institutions, as they have over the years gradually given way to the world system. However we individually will stand before the Lord, and He knows our hearts, whether we bowed to man or God.

BTW going to a meeting does NOT mean that all the sins of that organisation come upon you. There are many who go to praise the Lord and hear His word and many little groups are still operating & functioning together, helping and proclaiming Jesus is Lord. Are they perfect, NO because we are all being changed. And do they agree with what the big organisation says, no, but they try to function on a local level, caring for each other and witnessing of Jesus.

We are in a momentous time of change, and it is not for us to write off every little fellowship group across the world because of the sins of some in the big organisations.

Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  899
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,634
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, Guest R.L.C. said:

Jesus warned about becoming deceived. He said there would be many false teachers, like wolves disguised as harmless sheep. I believe we are seeing this playing out today as never before. Millions of people follow many false teachers, because of their ability to portray themselves as harmless sheep, on television, radio, and social media. Jesus warned of deception because there will be consequences. He wasn't talking to the Jews, or Buddhists, or Hindus - He was talking specifically to Christians. But what has become obvious to me, is that these many self-proclaimed Christians have no clue they have been deceived. They claim to love Jesus, and believe that alone is enough. But what they don't realize is false doctrines define an incorrect version of Christ. So claiming to belong to Jesus means very little if you believe in a perverted version of the one TRUE Jesus. Which is why He said, "...broad is the road that leadeth to destruction" and it is the narrow gate that leads to life, and only few shall find it. 

It was not long after the Apostles died (martyrs' deaths) that the deceptions began. The eyewitnesses to the events of the genuine Messiah Jesus were gone, and though some of their disciples remained, the heresies of the first / second century began to find larger audiences. Many believe the Apostle John's first epistle began thus:

1 John 1:1–3 (NIV84)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

...to put down the Docetist heresy (already present in the first century CE)  which stated that Jesus was not a real human being but only a spirit manifestation come to Earth.

Several other heresies came, Sabellianism / Modalism (that the Father Son and Holy Spirit are modes of one and the same person)... and on and on it went. J.K. Van Baalen said in the 20th that "the cults are the unpaid bills of the Church."

Dr. Walter Martin who quoted Van Baalen often said that the modern cults are the resurgence of the first century heresies. 

They were both right. But they did not look into the root cause of these theological symptoms which is an ailing Church.

Martin said on the John Ankerberg Show circa 1985 that the Church has been in a state of apostasy for fifty years.

But it goes much deeper than that. 

Emperor Constantine of Rome (306 - 337 CE) lauded as the ruler who Christianized the Empire actually adulterated Christianity.

The Christian persecution began under the Jewish leaders of Judea but culminated under Roman rule. Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs (if you have the stomach for it).

Constantine presided over a crumbling empire which required the establishment of a second capital (Constantinople). As an unwelcome guest like a thorn in the side of the emperors of Rome was this burgeoning sect call Christ-ians... nothing seemed to break them... and the more they slew them the more the sect grew.

I can't put my hands on historic evidence... but it stands to reason that Conny saw in Christianity a cohesiveness his empire sorely lacked.  So he and dear mummy concocted a scheme to woo believers out of hiding... not to defeat them but to join them.

Dr. J. Vernon McGee once said in his Thru the Bible Radio program that "this was the day the devil [joined] the Church. He couldn't lick 'em (as they say), so he joined 'em." I'll never forget hearing those words listening on my mail route late one night (we worked sometimes until 11:00 PM delivering mail in those days). But I could never locate a transcript or recording of it since then.

It was a crucial time in Church history. Since nearly all believers were deep underground in hiding, there was no opportunity to organize only evangelize.

Councils had yet to be formed to determine what the Apostles wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to canonize the New Covenant scriptures. This did take place [despite] the bloodless take over of Constantine and Helena his mummy.  That was thanks to the Old Covenant scriptures already being in place to refer back to in authentication of what was alleged to be writings of the Apostles.

2 Peter 1:20-21 --- 1 John 4:1 (1 Thessalonians 5:21) --- Acts 17:11 (2 Timothy 3:16-17 etc). This is the procedure the councils followed even before canonizing the New Testament (i.e. let God do the talking and we affirm it's him using the existing scriptures).

Continued...

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, Guest R.L.C. said:

Jesus warned about becoming deceived. He said there would be many false teachers, like wolves disguised as harmless sheep. I believe we are seeing this playing out today as never before. Millions of people follow many false teachers, because of their ability to portray themselves as harmless sheep, on television, radio, and social media. Jesus warned of deception because there will be consequences. He wasn't talking to the Jews, or Buddhists, or Hindus - He was talking specifically to Christians. But what has become obvious to me, is that these many self-proclaimed Christians have no clue they have been deceived. They claim to love Jesus, and believe that alone is enough. But what they don't realize is false doctrines define an incorrect version of Christ. So claiming to belong to Jesus means very little if you believe in a perverted version of the one TRUE Jesus. Which is why He said, "...broad is the road that leadeth to destruction" and it is the narrow gate that leads to life, and only few shall find it. 

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

It was not long after the Apostles died (martyrs' deaths) that the deceptions began. The eyewitnesses to the events of the genuine Messiah Jesus were gone, and though some of their disciples remained, the heresies of the first / second century began to find larger audiences. Many believe the Apostle John's first epistle began thus:

1 John 1:1–3 (NIV84)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

...to put down the Docetist heresy (already present in the first century CE)  which stated that Jesus was not a real human being but only a spirit manifestation come to Earth.

Several other heresies came, Sabellianism / Modalism (that the Father Son and Holy Spirit are modes of one and the same person)... and on and on it went. J.K. Van Baalen said in the 20th that "the cults are the unpaid bills of the Church."

Dr. Walter Martin who quoted Van Baalen often said that the modern cults are the resurgence of the first century heresies. 

They were both right. But they did not look into the root cause of these theological symptoms which is an ailing Church.

Martin said on the John Ankerberg Show circa 1985 that the Church has been in a state of apostasy for fifty years.

But it goes much deeper than that. 

Emperor Constantine of Rome (306 - 337 CE) lauded as the ruler who Christianized the Empire actually adulterated Christianity.

The Christian persecution began under the Jewish leaders of Judea but culminated under Roman rule. Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs (if you have the stomach for it).

Constantine presided over a crumbling empire which required the establishment of a second capital (Constantinople). As an unwelcome guest like a thorn in the side of the emperors of Rome was this burgeoning sect call Christ-ians... nothing seemed to break them... and the more they slew them the more the sect grew.

I can't put my hands on historic evidence... but it stands to reason that Conny saw in Christianity a cohesiveness his empire sorely lacked.  So he and dear mummy concocted a scheme to woo believers out of hiding... not to defeat them but to join them.

Dr. J. Vernon McGee once said in his Thru the Bible Radio program that "this was the day the devil [joined] the Church. He couldn't lick 'em (as they say), so he joined 'em." I'll never forget hearing those words listening on my mail route late one night (we worked sometimes until 11:00 PM delivering mail in those days). But I could never locate a transcript or recording of it since then.

It was a crucial time in Church history. Since nearly all believers were deep underground in hiding, there was no opportunity to organize only evangelize.

Councils had yet to be formed to determine what the Apostles wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to canonize the New Covenant scriptures. This did take place [despite] the bloodless take over of Constantine and Helena his mummy.  That was thanks to the Old Covenant scriptures already being in place to refer back to in authentication of what was alleged to be writings of the Apostles.

2 Peter 1:20-21 --- 1 John 4:1 (1 Thessalonians 5:21) --- Acts 17:11 (2 Timothy 3:16-17 etc). This is the procedure the councils followed even before canonizing the New Testament (i.e. let God do the talking and we affirm it's him using the existing scriptures).

Continued...

Constantine who claimed to be a Christian was a sun god worshiper until his death. Ever wonder why the first day of the week was called SUNday?

Sabbatarians will ramrod the argument that the Church adopted Sunday worship under the Constantine take over of Christianity. Maybe. But in the age of Grace everyday is the Sabbath. So, if any organize a day of the week as the day of worship over the rest... it doesn't really matter which for everyday in Christ is being at rest with the Almighty. 

But Helena mostly set up the underpinning of traditional sites like Mount Sinai, Golgotha and the Garden Tomb (Church of the Holy Sepulcher), etc. Having no evidence whatsoever to substantiate her claims "this be the place..."

From this unholy alliance the Roman Empire morphed into the Roman Catholic Empire...

Instead of an Emperor you have a Pope, Cardinals rather then a Senate, Bishops instead of regional

governors... etc.

And it's capital is Vatican City (which is very near Rome).

Think about it. What form of government commands the devotion and loyalty a religion does?

None.

People will die for religion. They will betray their families for religion. No king, emperor, president,

nation or otherwise could command such power on such a vast scale.

And when the Roman Empire fell... it was the empty shell of an adder that already hatched.

Then came the Protestant Reformation.

Foxe's Book of Martyrs picks up from here the atrocities by the hand of Rome in the name of 'Christ.'

But the persecution stopped when it was realized (I'm projecting here from a stands to reason point of view) that

there really isn't all that much difference between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism.

The same traditions of man for the most part are still intact.  

And for centuries man hasn't had a clue that there is a difference between the Church Organization and the Church Organism.

I am not going to pronounce judgment on anyone. Nor am I going to say no one has been saved since before the Constantine takeover. 

The OP of this thread seemed to strongly imply most are deceived by a false christ (false version of Christ). 

On that I have no numbers or even a guesstimate. 

IMHO Christ saves people [despite] our traditions... but my opinion means nothing and is not something to go on when all of eternity weighs in the balance for your next move...

The Bible (using the same method the canonists did) is the only assured way to have the genuine Jesus Christ in your faith.

Galatians 1:8-9 and 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 speak of false Christs and gospels and even a false spirits.  Wishing eternal doom on those who preach and teach the false ones.

BEWARE and with Holy Scriptures

BE CERTAIN.

Edited by JohnD

1 minute ago, pinacled said:

The first day is Yom rishom.

Enough with the beast of ignorance. That foul stench has its place.

And it is not here.

Either report my post and let the mods deal with what does or does not belong here... or provide your rebuttal. 

As I said, everyday is shabbos to those who understand Grace.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,207
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi choir loft,

There are so many believers that do NOT belong to man`s religious organisations. They are the `church` the ekklesia of God, the `called out ones,` from Israel and the nations. Then there are those who go to meetings run by organisations and do NOT agree with the `sins` of the religious institution. They are there to help others as long as they can till God moves them on. They are also believers and are part of the `church.`

It is the Holy Spirit that sets us in the Body, (corporate) (1 Cor. 12: 18) and He certainly has not left us, (I know Ichabod). The Lord knows who are His and those in man`s organisations will eventually have to make a stand.

`Ichabod,` is for the religious institutions, as they have over the years gradually given way to the world system. However we individually will stand before the Lord, and He knows our hearts, whether we bowed to man or God.

BTW going to a meeting does NOT mean that all the sins of that organisation come upon you. There are many who go to praise the Lord and hear His word and many little groups are still operating & functioning together, helping and proclaiming Jesus is Lord. Are they perfect, NO because we are all being changed. And do they agree with what the big organisation says, no, but they try to function on a local level, caring for each other and witnessing of Jesus.

We are in a momentous time of change, and it is not for us to write off every little fellowship group across the world because of the sins of some in the big organisations.

Marilyn. 

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

We are picking at nits, but since all argument about matters of faith are subject to ignorance and self-justified departures from decency we must proceed with our discussion.

"What harmony is there between Christ and satan?  How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever?" - 2 Corinthians 6:15

Belief in God is NOT Biblically indicative of a state of justification before God.  Even satan and the demons believe in God.   Trust in God and obedience to God's Law is where the rubber meets the road.  Humans are infected with sin, which is the engine of lawlessness.   Sin separates from God and in the end results in the Second Death.

Every religion on the planet is exclusive.  

Every one of them will tell you that every other religion is false or untrue.  Lumping all people into a general category of believers doesn't recognize the human condition of sin and doesn't live in the reality of exclusivity.  

"The beginning of wisdom is in calling things by their proper names." - Chinese proverb

Any discussion must begin with accurate definitions of words and phrases.  Therefore we must proceed from a point of respect for others so as to acknowledge the truth of this particular issue.  Not everyone agrees on the substance and performance of belief.    The word CHURCH is indicative of gentile believers in Jesus Christ.  Muslims are not members of a church and neither are those of the Hindu religion.   A desire to embrace all people as members of the church may be altruistic, but it's terribly inaccurate - in some cases dangerously so.  Your generalization doesn't respect the intent and desire of others to express themselves differently.   Neither does it respect the context of the Word of God. This is why He gave us His Torah (Law).  That which makes the Judeo-Christian religious tradition true above all others is the direct revelation and demonstration of God into the history and lives of men and women.  That which certifies and justifies the matter is the life ministry death and resurrection of God in the flesh.  No other religious philosophy can make such a claim.  Therefore, the anointed One of God who speaks truth to mankind is Jesus Christ and none other.

Your post appears to demonstrate confusion with regard to the duplicity of the post-modern church in sin rebellion and lawlessness against the revealed will and authority of Almighty God.

Specifically, when a person or persons associates themselves with a group that is in violation of the law they are themselves guilty of breaking the law.  This is true of human law in any court on earth and it is equally true in the court and eyes of God.  If you drive a get-away car during the commission of a bank robbery you are as guilty of the crime as those who went into the bank.  If a murder happens during the course of that crime the driver is as guilty of murder as those who killed.   It doesn't matter in the eyes of the law that the driver never left the car.   He or she is guilty.  The same is true in spiritual matters.  Why shouldn't they be?

Criminal law; principles, accessories and conspirator/co-conspirators
Principles perform a crime.  Accessories assist in the performance of the crime, but not the crime itself. Conspirators and co-conspirators might be people who hire someone to commit a crime. All are subject to punishment under the law.

"You shall not follow the masses in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after a multitude in order to pervert justice"  -Exodus 23:2

"...he spoke to the congregation, saying, "Depart now from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing that belongs to them, or you will be swept away in all their sin." - Numbers 16:26

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! - Psalm 1:1

He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm. - Prov 13:20

Your rulers are rebels And companions of thieves; Everyone loves a bribe And chases after rewards They do not defend the orphan, Nor does the widow's plea come before them. - Isaiah 1:23

"Flee from the midst of Babylon, And each of you save his life! Do not be destroyed in her punishment, For this is the LORD'S time of vengeance; He is going to render recompense to her. - Jeremiah 51:6

Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. - Eph 5:6

I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues - Rev. 18:4

"For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear?" 1Peter 4:17-18

"I hate, I despise your feasts, and I will take no delight in your solemn assemblies." - Amos 5:21  

The language of the Word of God cannot get more to the point, more disagreeable to them that go their own way in sin, and more revealing of God's heart in the matter.   God hates religious hypocrisy, will to power and overt sin in the congregation.  Therefore the Bible says His spirit will depart from them.  Indeed it has already done so among several major Christian denominations that have denied God in public assembly, have declared active rebellion against Israel and openly embraced sin and wickedness.   God will not tolerate it and God will not be present to bless or hear their prayers.   That is the meaning of ICHABOD as you know so well.   Those who continue to associate themselves with such institutions risk the penalty of divine retribution BECAUSE OF ASSOCIATION WITH SIN.  Therefore it says to leave them.   Make no pact or promise or agreement to support them in any way.    If the Holy Spirit has left these church institutions, why do people stay?  Because no one has advised them of the risk and of the fact of the matter.

Contrary to your assumption I am not "writing off every little fellowship group around the world."   I'm not even 'writing off' every denomination.  Go back and reread my post.  There are some churches that are holding out against worldly influence, which you also know and acknowledge so well.  The primary influence upon Christendom today is financial, philosophical and political, not Biblical.  It is to these influences that church institutions respond - not the Holy Spirit.  I think you may agree on this point as well.  Go a step further and understand that those who associate with misguided institutions will suffer the repercussions of judgment against them - personally as well as corporately.   Therefore God advises those who follow Him to leave the group.  There are ample examples for such a thing in the Torah and Tanakh.   The spiritual principle of evacuation still applies when wickedness and lawlessness is promoted among sinful churches.

And YES, it IS for us to judge these churches and institutions.  Do we not all of us make similar judgments when we buy a major appliance, choose a home or even select vegetables at the supermarket?  It is not wrong to judge when we are called to judge rightly.  We judge churches by their sufficiency in following the Bible, not by their meandering words and political correctness.  We judge them by going elsewhere (and taking our wallets with us).  The greatest attack one can make upon false religion is to remove their donations (boycott), for these wicked folk are very good at waving the Bible with one hand and slipping the other into someone else's pocket.

Be watchful.  Be wary.  Be wise.

Edited by choir loft
highlight scripture reference - punctuation
  • This is Worthy 1

11 hours ago, JohnD said:

Either report my post and let the mods deal with what does or does not belong here... or provide your rebuttal. 

As I said, everyday is shabbos to those who understand Grace.

I submit your use of the term grace is inaccurate and unconnected with Biblical teaching on the matter.

According to Torah (the Law), the sabbath is one day a week.   The sabbath day begins on Friday at sunset and ends on Saturday at sunset.   It is observed on the last day of the week.  Sunday is not a sabbath day because it is owned by the NFL.  The church doesn't even have leasing rights on that day.   On a big game day many church parking lots will be noticeably light of traffic.   Tail gate parties and preparations for the big game always take precedence over religious observance (almost always).   If a Christian feels it is important to attend mass on Saturday night then that is their prerogative as it is to attend on Sunday morning, Sunday evening or Wednesday evening.  NOT every day is shabbat (sabbath).  Choosing and wanting and making the effort to attend worship services at dawn on Easter morning isn't the same as calling that particular day shabbat.  Shabbat is clearly defined according to Torah.  Grace does NOT, in any way, subvert replace or remove the Law.  

I speak to gentile believers when I say the Law enables Grace and Grace in fulfills the Law.  Neither are ended.  

"I did not come to abolish the Law.  I came to fulfill it." - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 5:17

Which part of NOT is NOT understood?  It's all misunderstood by those who declare they're saved by grace not law, for without the Law no one can be saved and without grace no one can live by the Law.  Many crimes against humanity have been perpetrated in the name of Grace and much sin is now excused in the name of Grace, but that is not what Grace is all about.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

I attended a Sunday service that hosted the Dean of a local Bible college during the sermon.  The subject of the sermon was grace.  It was all very comforting until the last line.  This educate man finished his message by encouraging the congregation to, "go out and sin this week that grace may abound."   Make no mistake that God punishes those who sin.  Does the reader want to tempt God and go out to learn the awful truth of judgment by 'going out to sin'?  

I submit to the reader that the teaching of Law and Grace has been deliberately confused and distorted by church leaders so as to promote donations.  Spiritual responsibility is NOT taught in churches today.  Repentance is treated like a four letter word along with morality.   

Know this, that God is still Lord and Master and WILL punish those who sin - beginning with the saved members of the Body of Christ.   Do you want to risk the consequences of sin?  Wise men and women do not and will do their very best to follow the Law.  

If Jesus did not abolish the Law, but came to fulfill it - what then did He do to fulfill the Law (other than just being a nice guy)?  The act of fulfillment is called grace and is entirely and completely legal - as we who follow Christ are also expected to do.

Edited by choir loft

16 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ all things are lawful......” Apostle Paul

nobody needs a license to sin.....we all sin enough without one

personaly,immediately after my heart operation done for free by the Holy Spirit,I was given a license to rest and I don’t want to sin anymore even though I could do so and still be saved.Actually, I sin every hour of every day as you do.....thank God for the Grace he gives us undeserving sinners .it is the only thing that gets us to the point of loving and obeying God.God wants the one thing He can’t create—- love.I promise you will never get there by law- Keeping. The law stirs up sin.Only Grace will produce genuine love

You do not understand the Law or Grace, but you are not alone in that hazy twilight zone of Christianity.  

Religious leaders of the church deliberately obfuscate the issue so as to promote donation$.   The need for repentance and the requirement of God for everyone to live by the Law are never clearly defined or taught.   Church leaders are obsessed with finance, political correctness and situational ethics - NEVER spiritual responsibility.   When was the last time you heard a sermon on either repentance or spiritual responsibility?   Such topics are considered dangerous by parsons everywhere.   Many of them don't even stand up and ask for donations during the annual fund drive.  They are THAT frightened of such issues.  Therefore many decent folks wander in peril before the judgment seat of God and many are convinced that borderline sin is ok.  But St. Paul writes that EVERY (lawless) THOUGHT is to be taken captive for Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5)

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

We do not all sin! 

The notion that "nobody's perfect" is NEVER stated in the Bible.   One may make mistakes, but that's not the same thing.   Jesus commanded His followers to be perfect even as the Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48) If it wasn't possible, then why did Jesus say it?   I submit to the reader that with the aid of divine grace it IS possible to live a perfect life in Christ.

The philosophical mistake we all make is the definition of mistake vs. sin.   Mistakes are not the same as sin.  We learn from our mistakes, but we die from our sins.   The two are different.

A young girl may attempt to learn how to ride a bicycle and fall down.   Is this a sin or is it a simple mistake?   She may bruise her knees and elbows, but she is not guilty of final judgment.

A young boy may be learning how to toss a baseball, overthrow his pitch to a catcher and break a window.   Is this a sin or is it a mistake?   Next time the kid will learn how to throw properly.  He will not be subject to the Second Death (the manager of his Little League team may make him feel that way, but it is not so.)

In His youth Jesus was trained in carpentry.   Every carpenter who ever lived smashed his finger with a hammer at one time or another.  I imagine Jesus smashed His fingers too.  He made a mistake.   When He did this He may have howled in pain, but He did NOT take God's name in vain.   Mistake or sin?  The Law tells us which is which.   The ability to make mistakes is a blessing.  Deliberate sin is a curse.

The definition of what is and what is not sin is contained within the Ten Commandments.   Violation of one of these is a violation of the Law.  He or she who does so is subject to spiritual death.  It is the nature of mankind to be thus cursed, but it is the mercy of God to grant immortality to those who humbly approach Him and ask for forgiveness.   Most do not, by the way.

It is not a sin to be born human.  

The Law is a blessing as well as a curse.  For instance, if a baby should be still born or should die early in life is it guilty of sin?   The Law tells us in no uncertain terms.   Which commandment has the baby broken?  Has it murdered someone or disrespected his or her parents?   Has the child lied about something or stolen something?  Has the baby committed adultery?  This isn't rocket science.  It's the Law.   God forbid the child should die, but if he or she does then the baby is innocent of guilt.   It is not a sin to be born human.

Living a perfect life is possible, but it is a thing to be DONE (read the book of James) not simply acknowledged.  Closet sin will not be excused by grace or any other religious mechanism, but mercy will be granted to one who confesses it, repents of it (expressed desire to NOT sin again) and asks forgiveness.  The idea of grace is deliberately misapplied by the church so as to promote donation$ rather than teach spiritual responsibility.

Christianity is not a spectator sport.

Hope this helps.

Edited by choir loft
punctuation
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/29/1962

As Pilate asked "What is Truth?"