Guest R.L.C.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about bein' in love with demonic doctrine, was it? The "church" is a body of believers, not a building, not leaders and certainly not politics of leaders. I know I am certainly smart enough to know when God's word is bein' manipulated by a spin doctor. This, I feel is a personal responsibility of all followers. To be vigilant in your knowledge of the word, this is part of the armor the Lord has provided to us, so we may see these false profits. Just my two bits,  JJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/17/2019 at 7:57 PM, RR144 said:

As Pilate asked "What is Truth?"

Truth is that which is consistent with what is.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed some posts from this thread.  Let's keep it on the subject.  :)  I love interesting discussions from varying viewpoints ... IN LOVE!  :)   Have you ever had a disagreement with your wife ... or a family member?  Let's remember this is how we discuss subjects at Worthy!  :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, George said:

I removed some posts from this thread.  Let's keep it on the subject.  :)  I love interesting discussions from varying viewpoints ... IN LOVE!  :)   Have you ever had a disagreement with your wife ... or a family member?  Let's remember this is how we discuss subjects at Worthy!  :)

NOT FAIR !!  Wives ALWAYS WIN the disagreements ! ( if the husband is wise) lol........

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi choir loft,

By `church` do you mean man`s organisation that runs public meetings? We tend to call that `church` but it is not. It is just man`s organisation that runs public meetings. The `church,` is the Body of Christ -

`And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, WHICH IS HIS BODY, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

If we call man`s organisations the `church` then we will be disappointed for it is mainly in error and connecting to the world`s value system. If, however we call the `church,` the Body of Christ, the believers from across the world and down through the centuries, then we will be encouraged that the Head, the Lord is building and maturing us, for He is well able, and has guided us and is bringing us into all the truth of Himself and His purposes before he comes for us.

regards, Marilyn.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, Marilyn C said:

My references are to the institutional pseudo-religious group called the Christian church.  Specifically I point to the American church.  Those who attend such organizations have given all or part of their allegiance to it and therefore are equally guilty of its sins and wickedness.  They are Ichabod. (1 Samuel 4:21) Therefore the Bible warns us to come away from these groups. 

Hedonism means the pursuit of pleasure and earthly goods.  

Humanism is a philosophy that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings.    

Since the forth century, church doctrine has been based upon Greek philosophy in one form or another - humanistic.   Not Biblical Law.  Since WWII the American church has grown to embrace hedonism more and more.   Therefore every ten years or so, church leaders feel it necessary to make the gospel relevant to changing society.   If you are not familiar with the expression, "to make the gospel relevant", then I suggest you consult your pastor.   Relevancy is necessary because post-modern church theology is based on changing philosophy, not the unchangeable Law of God.  (Matthew 7:24-27) <--- read it   

The Law of God is now so hated by Christians it is considered heresy.  

At this time the church in America and abroad is almost entirely consumed with both humanism and hedonism.

Your attempt to obfuscate the issue is a common error.  You have bought into a religious slogan.  This can be corrected if you pursue the truth.  The result of error is that it clouds one's perceptions of reality.  Can you see the heart of every church member?  Do you know what goes on there?  You may be able to do so if you are wise. 

The book of Proverbs and the Word of Jesus says it IS possible to know the heart of man.  Jesus is quoted by Matthew 7:16 in saying that men and women are known by their fruits.   READ IT again for the first time.  What men and women DO is a reflection of their heart and mind and spirit.  Masking the wickedness of the church by claiming divine inspiration is inaccurate and possibly demonic.   How do you know the church isn't being guided by anti-Christ instead of divine providence?  If its actions are a measure of its guidance then it is NOT of God and the people therein are misguided.  Judge rightly.  Judge by God's Law, not the philosophy of man.

American churches have become humanistic.  

When the Law and precepts of the Bible are abandoned for philosophy and hedonism, the group is following something other than the Holy Spirit.   It is Ichabod.  The Holy Spirit will depart from such assemblies.  Indeed, the Ruach Ha-Kodesh (Holy Spirit as it is called in Hebrew) has already departed from many main denominations.   The situation was predicted for the End Times.  It is called apostasy and it is pandemic today as never before in history.

"I hate, I despise your feasts, and I will take no delight in your solemn assemblies." Amos 5:21   

"For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God:" - 1 Peter 4:17a

The American churches have become hedonistic.  

Perhaps you attend a church that's tiny and tucked away in the back woods of American civilization.   If true, then I grant you may be unaware of trends now assuming tsunami proportions in our churches.  Hedonistic pursuits in churches are attended with LOUD music, humanistic philosophy (*) and fragrant breakfast foods of coffee fresh breads and fruit.  

I don't know about you, but I attend worship services to feed my spirit not to hear a rock concert or to have a picnic during worship services.  Yet such things DO HAPPEN.  THE TREND, as all church leaders are aware, is to fill the worship liturgy with loud music (provide free ear protection if requested), fresh food courts, and sermons preaching happy talk or situational ethics.  

They do NOT preach the Law or repentance which leads unto salvation.   They do NOT preach the absolute necessity of redemption in the Name of Jesus Christ.  

They DO preach the necessity of joining their particular brand of heresy.  They DO preach lawlessness (demonic in nature) and claim the Law of Moses is abolished, which it is not.  (Matthew 5:17)  After preaching the abolition of the Law, they point to the Law and require 10% religious tax (tithe) be paid to the church for the rest of one's natural life.  This is in total disregard to the FACT the NT does not mention a tithe requirement at all.   Give or do not give.  It's up to you, but it is not required.   Which is it?  Law or no law?  Church leaders teach lawlessness with the exception of donations required.  This is the face of hypocrisy.

Judgment is already upon the church in that attendance in these places of spiritual desert has fallen dramatically.  People ARE leaving the church in record numbers.   According to PEW and Gallup polls, the level of regular church attendance defined as one visit per month has declined more than 50% in 2010 from 1948 levels.  If the trend continues, according to the findings of these respected organizations the level of regular attendance will fall to 10% by 2050.  

These are FACTS supported by scripture and real numbers.  Consider them and profit by it.  Ignore it to your disservice and spiritual darkness.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. - Jesus as quoted by John 3:19

Why do people, who are otherwise pretending to be good Christian folks persist in believing buzz words and religious slogans instead of studying scripture and being aware of current trends?  Because they are enamored of their closet sins and wickedness and are willing to prostitute their faith for political correctness - the approval of man instead of the approval of God.

They shall have their reward, but it will not be in the celestial palaces of the Almighty.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) Humanistic philosophy can be discovered in sermons that feature happy talk to fill pews and humanistic lyrics in music.  I once heard a preacher admit to this even in the midst of his sermon.  I have heard 'Christian' gospel groups glorify the devil and its works.   I can name names and identify these groups and people, but moderators will censor me if I do.  It's up to the reader to investigate on their own - if they are so inspired to seek truth.   Unfortunately most are satisfied with their familiar buzz words and religious slogans and do not wish to escape the trap they believe has made them safe.  God's Law may be uncomfortable, but it provides an escape from the wrath of God which is coming upon the world - even unto our churches.

Edited by choir loft
spelling errors

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 3/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, Guest R.L.C. said:

Jesus warned about becoming deceived. He said there would be many false teachers, like wolves disguised as harmless sheep. I believe we are seeing this playing out today as never before. Millions of people follow many false teachers, because of their ability to portray themselves as harmless sheep, on television, radio, and social media. Jesus warned of deception because there will be consequences. He wasn't talking to the Jews, or Buddhists, or Hindus - He was talking specifically to Christians. But what has become obvious to me, is that these many self-proclaimed Christians have no clue they have been deceived. They claim to love Jesus, and believe that alone is enough. But what they don't realize is false doctrines define an incorrect version of Christ. So claiming to belong to Jesus means very little if you believe in a perverted version of the one TRUE Jesus. Which is why He said, "...broad is the road that leadeth to destruction" and it is the narrow gate that leads to life, and only few shall find it. 

so true

i don't like talking bad about the Catholic Church I was raised in but there is plenty to criticize. I don't have a problem with the ritual and etc.. I have a problem with, as you say here, people thinking they are Chrsitians because they "love" Jesus and yet.. 

i know this will sound judgmental but a lot of people claim to be Christians and yet do not do the simplest, most fundamental things he commanded. I guess they think he didn't command but merely suggested? That said, i am guilty of the same thing, just on a different level, i guess.. I mean.. well.. whatever.. I am having a hard time find the right words here.. but i am sure you get it..

it is interesting to me that non-Catholics criticize the Catholic Church for.. um.. things that really are not the problem! Who would know what is wrong in the Catholic Church better than a Catholic? I have been in and out of that Church all my life.. have studied its teachings more/less in depth and.. I will just say this for now: what is MOST wrong in the Church has nothing to do with ritual or.. "sacrificing Jesus all over again" as some non-Catholics put it.. No, the worst thing in the Church is (you will be very shocked to hear this, I know): Catholics! 

I mean, I am sorry, but most of them seem to think.. Oh, never mind.. that really will sound judgmental.. LOL 

i have experienced a lot of evil in my life time.. evil caused by humans (as opposed to natural disasters, etc) and sometimes I think that the worst evils of all were committed by so-called "Christians" both Catholic and Protestant. Yet, some of the kindest people I have met were/are Catholic.. it is just that they are RARE

(I don't socialize much so... but this kind of thing is WHY I don't..)

Edited by cantankerous5
clarity

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/22/2019 at 3:07 PM, Guest R.L.C. said:

Jesus warned about becoming deceived. He said there would be many false teachers, like wolves disguised as harmless sheep. I believe we are seeing this playing out today as never before. Millions of people follow many false teachers, because of their ability to portray themselves as harmless sheep, on television, radio, and social media. Jesus warned of deception because there will be consequences. He wasn't talking to the Jews, or Buddhists, or Hindus - He was talking specifically to Christians. But what has become obvious to me, is that these many self-proclaimed Christians have no clue they have been deceived. They claim to love Jesus, and believe that alone is enough. But what they don't realize is false doctrines define an incorrect version of Christ. So claiming to belong to Jesus means very little if you believe in a perverted version of the one TRUE Jesus. Which is why He said, "...broad is the road that leadeth to destruction" and it is the narrow gate that leads to life, and only few shall find it. 

I think it relates to heresy.