• Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, choir loft said:

The church is ICHABOD.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Hi choir loft,

I think we both would agree on God`s definition of His `church.`

`...and He gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, which is HIS BODY THE FULLNESS OF HIM who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

`...the head Christ - from whom the whole body joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share causes the growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.` (Eph. 4: 15 & 16)

`...the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase which is from God.`  (Col. 2: 19)

`...now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.` (1 Cor. 12: 18)

Church - Ekklesia - called out ones, from Israel and the nations to be a special group, the new man. (Eph. 2: 15)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30

7 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom

Free yourself from the limitless law of grace, which binds only binds you in ONE thing - to not follow Torah.  Free yourself from the limitations of the Torah, which cannot save you and points to the Messiah.  Instead, walk in the Grace given to us and correct your steps and thoughts with Torah.  You are free to live and free to obey. 

Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus ~ Revelation 14:12

Love & Shalom

Hi Tzephanyahu,

I do like a lot of what you write, however here I need some clarification please. What specifically do you mean by `Torah?` - the Old Testament, the first 5 books??? And can you give examples of what you `follow` in the Torah in your life.

Thank you, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

What specifically do you mean by `Torah?` - the Old Testament, the first 5 books??? And can you give examples of what you `follow` in the Torah in your life.

Shalom Marilyn

Thanks for asking the question.

Yes, the Torah can refer to the first five books of the Tanakh, but it can also refer to the Law as a whole. Albeit, the word Torah is nicer than Law, as it means “guidance or instruction” so I tend to use it more to refer to the Law.

I’m certainly no scholar on following the Torah today, but let me give you a brief introduction.    

First of all, don’t stress when approaching the topic!  There are not 613 commands to obey.  Many of the commandments will not be necessary for you today.  A lot cannot be carried out without the Temple and others are circumstantial, still others you will even keep naturally.  But beyond even this, the Messiah showed us how if we love our neighbor, we are fulfilling the Torah’s goal.  As you read through the Torah, you’ll see just how true this is. 

However, there are instructions which do not have to do with loving our neighbor, but loving Yahweh – the other greatest command…

Hopefully we agree that the 10 Commandments still stand today.  Then we ought to appreciate the position of the Sabbath in the order of commands. It’s very high up.  The Sabbath is not a Jewish command but a mankind command.  It has been with us since our very first seventh day.  To observe it is to acknowledge Yahweh as the Creator with your actions, with your working week.  He has instructed it for our good and man has either ignored it or changed it by their own authority.  But why not observe the Sabbath like Yahushua and the early church did? Not with legalism, but with joy.

I also observe the Feasts.  Not with legalism or heaviness, but knowing it was instructed by my Father.  Whilst observing theses, conversely I ignore the days most others observe out of tradition, which are based on pagan practices.   The Feasts are prophetic and are filled with treasures of wisdom to discover.  Not only did they also point to the Messiah, but also point to His return.   I observe them as best I can to acknowledge their importance in my year.

I observe a kosher diet.  My thinking is that if Yahweh, the Creator, says this is clean and that is not, I’ll listen to him.  It’s not a problem for me to avoid that food, as I’m not ruled by my appetite.  Many people find it so easy to observe other type of diets for vanity or health sake, I choose to follow the kosher diet for my faith sake.  It doesn’t make me a better Christian for doing so or MORE saved.  But it’s my choice.  I’m free to listen to Yahweh’s advice in His Torah and I can choose to take it or not.

Some believers may cry “If you don’t observe all the Torah you have broken it all”.  It’s a silly viewpoint really because I’m not saying to follow to the Torah to be justified or saved – if that was the case I would be an utter failure!  But I do what I feel lead to out of love for the Father.  To observe and practice His ways.  What?  Should I follow the ways and practices of a local priest or a TV preacher instead?  

So what I’m saying is I believe that following Torah today is by revelation from the Holy Spirit.  But that revelation can only come if we still study it today, as the early church continued to do post Ascension.   I think of it like the parable of the minas.  One servant was given 10 minas, another 5 and another 1 – This, like revelations from Torah, could be seen as:  to whom more is given, the more is expected.  For example, you might read the Torah and be convicted on the Sabbath only.  That in itself would be awesome and you would do well!  You might read it and be lead to deal in business as prescribed in Torah as well, brilliant.  But to not pay heed to any of it and write it off as “yesterday’s news”, even the gift of the Sabbath, seems tragic.  The beauty of Psalm 119 would then be like an empty vase, and not just that psalm alone!

Only remember this, your obedience is what you offer freely.  Do not start thinking your obedience equals salvation – for that is a gift from Yahweh through the Messiah.   But now that you are saved by His grace and not your works, like Israel from Egypt, we were set free to serve and to be obedient.

I hope that makes sense to you. Sorry for writing so much! I really need work on my brevity!

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Marilyn

Yes, the Torah can refer to the first five books of the Tanakh, but it can also refer to the Law as a whole. Albeit, the word Torah is nicer than Law, as it means “guidance or instruction” so I tend to use it more to refer to the Law.

I’m certainly no scholar on following the Torah today, but let me give you a brief introduction.    

First of all, don’t stress when approaching the topic!  There are not 613 commands to obey.  Many of the commandments will not be necessary for you today.  A lot cannot be carried out without the Temple and others are circumstantial, still others you will even keep naturally.  But beyond even this, the Messiah showed us how if we love our neighbor, we are fulfilling the Torah’s goal.  As you read through the Torah, you’ll see just how true this is. 

However, there are instructions which do not have to do with loving our neighbor, but loving Yahweh – the other greatest command…

Hopefully we agree that the 10 Commandments still stand today.  Then we ought to appreciate the position of the Sabbath in the order of commands. It’s very high up.  The Sabbath is not a Jewish command but a mankind command.  It has been with us since our very first seventh day.  To observe it is to acknowledge Yahweh as the Creator with your actions, with your working week.  He has instructed it for our good and man has either ignored it or changed it by their own authority.  But why not observe the Sabbath like Yahushua and the early church did? Not with legalism, but with joy.

I also observe the Feasts.  Not with legalism or heaviness, but knowing it was instructed by my Father.  Whilst observing theses, conversely I ignore the days most others observe out of tradition, which are based on pagan practices.   The Feasts are prophetic and are filled with treasures of wisdom to discover.  Not only did they also point to the Messiah, but also point to His return.   I observe them as best I can to acknowledge their importance in my year.

I observe a kosher diet.  My thinking is that if Yahweh, the Creator, says this is clean and that is not, I’ll listen to him.  It’s not a problem for me to avoid that food, as I’m not ruled by my appetite.  Many people find it so easy to observe other type of diets for vanity or health sake, I choose to follow the kosher diet for my faith sake.  It doesn’t make me a better Christian for doing so or MORE saved.  But it’s my choice.  I’m free to listen to Yahweh’s advice in His Torah and I can choose to take it or not.

Some believers may cry “If you don’t observe all the Torah you have broken it all”.  It’s a silly viewpoint really because I’m not saying to follow to the Torah to be justified or saved – if that was the case I would be an utter failure!  But I do what I feel lead to out of love for the Father.  To observe and practice His ways.  What?  Should I follow the ways and practices of a local priest or a TV preacher instead?  

So what I’m saying is I believe that following Torah today is by revelation from the Holy Spirit.  But that revelation can only come if we still study it today, as the early church continued to do post Ascension.   I think of it like the parable of the minas.  One servant was given 10 minas, another 5 and another 1 – This, like revelations from Torah, could be seen as:  to whom more is given, the more is expected.  For example, you might read the Torah and be convicted on the Sabbath only.  That in itself would be awesome and you would do well!  You might read it and be lead to deal in business as prescribed in Torah as well, brilliant.  But to not pay heed to any of it and write it off as “yesterday’s news”, even the gift of the Sabbath, seems tragic.  The beauty of Psalm 119 would then be like an empty vase, and not just that psalm alone!

Only remember this, your obedience is what you offer freely.  Do not start thinking your obedience equals salvation – for that is a gift from Yahweh through the Messiah.   But now that you are saved by His grace and not your works, like Israel from Egypt, we were set free to serve and to be obedient.

I hope that makes sense to you. Sorry for writing so much! I really need work on my brevity!

Love & Shalom

That just may be the best explanation of obedience for today’s member of the Body of Christ that I have ever read.As an OSAS Believer, I  very often have to endure accusations of being able to completely  ignore the Law

and go out and sin up a storm and get away with it.Hogwash.I have always maintained that obedience is great....being obedient will please God and bless your life.....my desire to sin is pretty much equal with my desire to have a Drano enema- it does not exist! I do what I want every day. What do I want? I want God’s will for my life.I want to live a life pleasing to Him even though I know I am free to reject it.Only a fool would want to live a life of disobedience— If I ignore Gods laws , “I” am the one who pays the price of chastisement.A wise man lives a life of obedience, but not to be saved.He does it because he is smart.I’ve said it many times before and I will say it again......Obedience is great- it just doesn’t save.Salvation is a free gift given to anybody that sincerely asks for it.If that happens, God will put His Spirit in you and you will FIND yourself living a life of obedience as God molds you into the image of His Son. “ He will finish the good work that HE started.

Thanks for an excellent post!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Marilyn

Love & Shalom

Hi Tzephanyahu,

Some long posts I skip, but yours are always full of good thoughts and reasonable explanations. So thank you for taking the time to expound and share your good thoughts. They sound very plausible, yet I do have a few reservations. We know that God gave in the Old testament great wisdom and understanding of His character, His ways and how to live. So we should take special care to not only appreciate this wisdom but give close attention to it, as you have explained.

So what are my reservations. I think you would agree that although great wisdom is given in the Old Testament, there is an even greater/deeper understanding of God given by the Holy Spirit in the New Testament. For example in Matt. 12 concerning the Pharisees accusing Jesus that His disciples were breaking the Sabbath. Jesus doesn`t negate that law, (of the Sabbath to keep it holy) however He reveals a greater truth - `there is one here greater than the temple.`  (Matt. 12: 6) plus reveals their wrong attitude and how they misunderstand God`s desire, -

`But if you had known what this means, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice," you would not have condemned the guiltless, "For the Son of Man is LORD even of the Sabbath." (Matt. 12: 7 & 8)

So looking to the LORD of the Sabbath is a greater understanding of what the Father desires. For in Christ is `hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.` (Col. 2: 3)

`...therefore let no one judge you in food or in drink, regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a SHADOW of things to come, but the SUBSTANCE IS OF CHRIST.` (Col. 2: 16)

And we know that in Hebrews 4 the Holy Spirit speaks of the greater rest for God`s people, for the 7th day `rest` did not give them the great rest. It is in Christ, when we cease from our own `works` of the flesh that we have the promised rest.

`For he who has entered his rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.` (Heb. 4: 10) 

Thus my point is that what we focus on is where we draw, (or try to draw) strength from - the shadow, (as wonderful as that was) or the reality - CHRIST.

regards, Marilyn.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

yet I do have a few reservations.

Shalom Marilyn

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I have a lot of time for people who are open to discuss differing views respectfully!   

You raised some great and reasonable points in your post.   So let me try to address each one although, again, I’m hardly a scholar! I still have so much to learn.  But praise Yahweh that the journey of learning his Word is so thoroughly exciting!

What you say is true.  The Holy Spirit does indeed teach us all things.  Not only in understanding the things of old, but the things of the new.  However, the way I understand HOW we are taught is that the Spirit will use the “tools” we have to teach us.  So, if we have properly digested only a few Scriptures or certain sections of the Bible, then the Spirit will only have these “tools” to convict us, correct us and guide us.  Therefore, the more of the Word we consume and digest, the more tools we give to the Spirit to bring to our mind and hearts and teach us.  Picture it like this…

Say you are a child and each day you take the same story to your mother for her to read it to you.  As you grow older, the mother starts to elaborate the same story in more depth, but she is still limited to the story that you brought.  She can’t really talk about how the story relates to another, because you aren’t familiar enough with the other story.  And how would you understand her if she went completely off topic and read words to you that were not there, or started talking about other stories?  But if you brought different stories to her, repeatedly, she can read it to us: firstly so we are familiar with it (to let us learn for ourselves), then later elaborate it further (help nudge us to work it out the meaning), and in later readings show you how it relates to other stories (the revelations of wisdom).

What I trying to get at is the more we study the Word as a whole, including the Law, the more “tools” we are giving the Spirit to teach us and help us understand.  If we tend to stay away from certain “stories” in the Old Testament then the Spirit will not implant or force convictions upon us which are out of context of the “stories” we know.  We’d start to think we were losing minds if that happened to be fair!

Is Jesus the Sabbath?
This is a big subject but I will try to keep it brief.  

The book of Hebrews is a very mystical, Jewish book and there is a lot of insight within it!  However, we can both agree that ANY book within the Bible MUST stay within context of the entire Bible, or rather, it must match the message of the entire Bible.  So then, does Hebrews, a letter with an unconfirmed author, take up authority to change the Torah of Yahweh when it comes to the Sabbath??  I tell you this, anyone trying to spread such a message in the early church of changing the Sabbath itself would have been shunned, ignored or called a heretic.  Such a letter wouldn’t have gained much traction at all. 

So how are we to understand this letter in regards to what is says about Jesus and the Sabbath then?  Well, in order to understand the Hebraic way of thinking we need to lose the Greek way of thinking when it comes to prophecy.  You see, the Greek way of thinking about prophecy is that: Someone predicts something, then later it’s fulfilled – FULL STOP.  That is to say it’s complete and over and done with.  Now, the Hebraic way of thinking about prophecy is like a ripple effect.  When Yahweh predicts, the words ripple through time itself and the prophecy is fulfilled once in a small way, twice in a larger way, thrice in an even bigger way, etc.  It’s repeatedly fulfilled in bigger capacities until this world is no more.  This is a topic on it’s own we can discuss another time. 

Now back to the Sabbath.  The Sabbath is a like a prophecy of the end of the ages – our final rest with Yahweh, not just the seventh day.  And yes, Jesus is a type of Sabbath, our ultimate rest, a depiction or summary of the Sabbath.  He is A fulfilment, but not the FULL STOP. That is to say, He is not a replacement of the Sabbath.  If we did think such a thing, what then?  Has Yahweh decreed in this small letter to the Hebrews that we should now work 7 days a week again?  I hope not!  No, the Sabbath is still the Sabbath.  Jesus is like an ultimate Sabbath, speaking poetically, in order to explain to the Jews the peace and rest He brings.  But if you still rest on the literal Sabbath, you are not denying that Jesus is the Son of God. No, on the contrary, you are copying His ways (following Him) and acknowledging the Creation week.  It's a beautiful gift.

So did Jesus violate the Sabbath?  It can seem that way as we see Him intentionally healing on the Sabbath. But this was to make another point.  THE great point, which deserves a post of its own.  In summary the point is this:  When it comes to Torah, love never fails.  If you have the power in your hand to help another but DON’T do so, in order to follow Torah – you’ve missed the whole point of Torah.  This is a principle I call “Business as usual”.  Picture it like this…

You are a mother of 3 children and you leave them at home whilst you go on a trip (strange I know, just go with it!)  You leave the children with several rules to stick by, including one about a sharp 10pm bedtime.  However, you tell them that most important rule is that they love and care for each other.  They all nod eagerly and you leave for your trip.  Things go well whilst you are away but on the last day, before you return, one child trips and breaks his ankle, at 9:58pm.  The 2 other children look on shocked but quickly rush to bed to meet the 10pm deadline.  You arrive back the next morning and find your son in the hallway, moaning and sobbing tiredly, with his broken ankle which is now severely swollen. The other two children skip downstairs and rush to meet you with gladness – “How was your trip mother? We obeyed your rules every day! We NEVER missed the 10pm bedtime deadline. Are you proud of us?”…. How would you react?

In the same way, the Torah can be put on hold for the sake of love and mercy – because they are the very things Torah was guiding us to learn!  BUT, the business as usual is obedience. For example, if that child didn’t fall, then business as usual is bedtime at 10pm.  In the story above, wouldn’t you (the lawgiver) happily suspend the 10pm bedtime in favour of the children staying up to help, love and care for their brother?

Jesus was making this very point, basically saying “if I do such things even over the great law of the Sabbath, how much more so over the rest of Torah!”  Love never fails and it covers a multitude of sins.  See how much David broke Torah (I’m not referring to Bathsheba) and yet the Father loved him because his priorities were right. Torah can be put on hold for the sake of love and mercy, when it is needed, because that’s the whole point of it.  BUT in day to day life, when all is well, business as usual is obedience.  Let’s go back to our story with an alternative ending…

This time, none of the children hurt themselves whilst you are away. Yet, they have disobediently been up every night, all night.  This time you arrive around 2am and find them up and running free.  “How was your trip mother? We didn’t obey your rules every day, but you are our bedtime rest really. Are you proud of us?”…. How would you react?

Finally, I was taught that the quote you gave from Colossians was concerning a situation of some devious types who were troubling the believers in Colossae who couldn’t access the Temple for the Sabbaths, New Moons and Festivals.  Paul’s point was that they needn’t be troubled with how they are judged in their observance, for we worship Yahweh in Spirit and Truth, without needing the brick Temple.  As for foods and drinks, the world was vastly differently back then and obtaining food, that was NOT sacrificed to an idol, wasn’t easy. Imagine every supermarket you bought food from today was the “Supermarket of the God KMART”. It caused many issues of conscience for believers and fodder for those who would accuse them.  The  alternative view which says Paul confirmed doing away with Kosher rules, Sabbaths and all the Festivals entirely, in just a few lines, is a bit of a stretch.  I don’t think Paul would have liked that interpretation from how I read his other letters.

Right. I’m going to shut up now. I’m sorry I’ve wrote too much again ?

Take everything I said into prayerful consideration. Ask the Father to confirm anything challenging that I have written.

I write very confidently, as is my style, but I don’t mean it to come across rude or close minded.  I’m happy to hear opposing views and reassess my stance. I have done so many times in the past and I’m sure I have more refining to do.

Thank you for reading this, if you made it to the end! May Yahweh bless you richly sister, in the name of Yahushua, as you continue your research into this matter.

Love & Shalom

21 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Marilyn

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I have a lot of time for people who are open to discuss differing views respectfully!   

You raised some great and reasonable points in your post.   So let me try to address each one although, again, I’m hardly a scholar! I still have so much to learn.  But praise Yahweh that the journey of learning his Word is so thoroughly exciting!

What you say is true.  The Holy Spirit does indeed teach us all things.  Not only in understanding the things of old, but the things of the new.  However, the way I understand HOW we are taught is that the Spirit will use the “tools” we have to teach us.  So, if we have properly digested only a few Scriptures or certain sections of the Bible, then the Spirit will only have these “tools” to convict us, correct us and guide us.  Therefore, the more of the Word we consume and digest, the more tools we give to the Spirit to bring to our mind and hearts and teach us.  .......

Right. I’m going to shut up now. I’m sorry I’ve wrote too much again ?

Take everything I said into prayerful consideration. Ask the Father to confirm anything challenging that I have written.

I write very confidently, as is my style, but I don’t mean it to come across rude or close minded.  I’m happy to hear opposing views and reassess my stance. I have done so many times in the past and I’m sure I have more refining to do.

Thank you for reading this, if you made it to the end! May Yahweh bless you richly sister, in the name of Yahushua, as you continue your research into this matter.

Love & Shalom

Hi Tzephanyahu,

I appreciate your writings and examples. Here are my thoughts.

1. Yes I believe we should read all of God`s word & see what the Holy Spirit is revealing of Christ, His character and His purposes - including the law and His purpose for it.

2. God made the Sabbath for mankind living on the earth and it will be celebrated in the New earth, which I think you would agree. (Isa. 66: 23) However, the Body of Christ is NOT an earthly purpose and as such looks to the Lord as our Sabbath - resting from our works and doing the works the Holy Spirit gives us to do.

3. We do not follow Torah, we follow the Lord by His Holy Spirit -`Walk by the Spirit...` (Gal. 5: 16 - 26)

regards, Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Here are my thoughts

Shalom Marilyn,

Thank you for reading my post and replying. 

Also, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I understand and appreciate each of your viewpoints.  

Praise Yahweh for the chance for us to share so easily with the help of this forum!

Love & Shalom

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi choir loft,

I think we both would agree on God`s definition of His `church.`

`...and He gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, which is HIS BODY THE FULLNESS OF HIM who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

`...the head Christ - from whom the whole body joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share causes the growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.` (Eph. 4: 15 & 16)

`...the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase which is from God.`  (Col. 2: 19)

`...now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.` (1 Cor. 12: 18)

Church - Ekklesia - called out ones, from Israel and the nations to be a special group, the new man. (Eph. 2: 15)

Marilyn.

We do not agree because you have misquoted scripture.   Read the entire chapter Ephesians 2.  Don't pull bits and pieces out of context to justify the aberrant doctrine of Replacement Theology.

Ephesians 2 is talking about the individual's experience; being alive in Christ (vs 1-10), being one or united in Christ (vs. 11-18) and about being the temple of Christ (vs 19-22).  The entire chapter speaks of a shared experience, which is to say an experience that is the same as others in Christ.   The chapter speaks to a collective group, but is referring to an individual experience.  Any mention or definition of the collective as an institution is implied by those who twist its meaning to support Replacement Theology.

Likewise Ephesians 1 is referring to an individual's experience with the final two verses suggesting a collective group of believers.

Without going further into an issue you appear to not understand, those who are joined to Christ (JEW & gentile) form the body of Christ on earth.  This body is not, however, without weakness sin and outright practices that God hates.  (see Revelation chapter 2 & 3)

For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; - 1 Peter 4:17

AGAIN - efforts to unlink the sins of the institutional church are tissue thin excuses to justify wickedness in the house of prayer.  When Jesus entered the temple He overthrew the tables of those who had sought to profit from worshippers (Matthew 21, John 2 & Mark 11).  If He tried that today, the holier than thou folks within would have Him arrested.   If He stood outside and hollered, they'd call Him a fool and put tape over His mouth so He couldn't remind them of their wickedness.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

The post-modern church justifies it wickedness by pleading grace and ignoring the requirements of the Law.  How much greater judgment has the post-modern church earned for itself when it:

condones predatory sexual attacks by leaders against youth (Protestant as well as Catholics, though Protestants are better at suppressing the news),

approves and supports financial criminal activity (TV televangelists such as convicted felon Jimmie Baker - who's at it again, btw),

when it denies the divine authority of the Word of God (stated policy of the Lutheran & Presbyterian churches),

when it approves of the activity of sodomites (Methodist and Episcopal churches) 

and when it openly curses the State of Israel (BDS movement - currently all denominational churches except Baptist, the "of God" churches and independents).

The spirit has expressly abandoned all of the offending groups.  To paraphrase Revelations, their candle has been put out.  To also paraphrase 1 Samuel 4:21 the church is ICHABOD.  (Look up the meaning of the name.)

What will the Master find the church doing when He comes?

I shudder to consider the thought.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
scripture quote reference

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 4/11/2019 at 3:54 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Tzephanyahu,

I appreciate your writings and examples. Here are my thoughts.

1. Yes I believe we should read all of God`s word & see what the Holy Spirit is revealing of Christ, His character and His purposes - including the law and His purpose for it.

2. God made the Sabbath for mankind living on the earth and it will be celebrated in the New earth, which I think you would agree. (Isa. 66: 23) However, the Body of Christ is NOT an earthly purpose and as such looks to the Lord as our Sabbath - resting from our works and doing the works the Holy Spirit gives us to do.

3. We do not follow Torah, we follow the Lord by His Holy Spirit -`Walk by the Spirit...` (Gal. 5: 16 - 26)

regards, Marilyn.

Wrong on many levels.

#1 - We need to do more that read the Word.  We need to DO it.   see the book of James

#2 - A rather curious selection of scripture reference, since the entire passage of Isaiah 66:15-24 is talking about God's judgment of the wicked.  Are we picking and choosing scripture to suit ourselves or are we seeking God's honest truth?  

The sabbath (shabbat) is a DAY OF THE WEEK.   Have we gone so far with our imaginations that we don't even know what day it is?  It would seem so.   Typically shabbat is the last day of the week, marked Biblically from sunset on Friday until sunset on Saturday.  

The sabbath is NOT Sunday, because that day is owned by the NFL.

Jesus is NOT a day of the week.  You're really stretching it here.....  Finally if the body of Christ isn't an earthly purpose, then why does EVERY CHURCH demand a tithe of one's income to sustain its venue, pay its ministers and support its 'ministries'?   Tithe is a Jewish law, by the way.  It's also rather curious how churches that boldly claim they are saved by grace not Law turn around and quote the law when they demand a religious tax of their members.   Something is hypocritically wrong with church doctrine here.....

3. - Galatians isn't subverting the Law.   In Matthew 5:17 Jesus is quoted as saying, "I DID NOT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW."  Therefore the Law remains and all who follow Christ are called to DO IT (read the book of James).

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

If we do not follow Torah - the Law, then it is clearly legal for me to kill a man, rape his wife, steal his stuff, burn his house to the ground and blame him for the whole sad affair.   THAT sounds more like a middle eastern philosophy to me than Judeo-Christian ethics.  

No one can be saved apart from the Law!  Grace is given SO AS to enable followers of Christ to LIVE BY THE LAW.  Walking by the spirit DOES NOT imply we strut around town with our noses in the air making predictions and showing off our fake hypocritical spirituality!   

We walk by the Spirit, as instructed in Galatians, so as to live according to the Law - which we cannot do on our own.   We need the help of the Holy Spirit to do it, but if we deny the Law then we are found to be in rebellious sin against the Master.  We can never return to Eden. We do not make our own choices, for if we have surrendered to Christ we put His direction ahead of our own.  Being merciful, He sends His spirit to help us do it - for despite all our good intentions we still can't do it alone.   This is what it means to be saved - the day to day experience of going through life guided and blessed in our obedience to the Master's direction.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Edited by choir loft
scripture reference