justme007

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

1. Revelation 13:18 : "this calls for wisdom" - wisdom is associated with Solomon --> 1Kings 10:14 - the amount of gold Solomon received yearly.

Gold often symbolizes wealth or money.

2. 1 Timothy 6:10 tells us about the root of all evils.

3. In addition to that Colossians 3:5 - "greed, which is idolatry."

I must add that these are just my thoughts on the subject.

Edited by justme007
  • This is Worthy 1

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to add that those were just my thoughts on the subject. I prayed and felt compelled to write that. 

What happened to Solomon in general should serve as a warning for us. We should always stay vigilant, pray and repent every day!

And 1 Timothy 6:10 should always be remembered and never ignored. It talks about the root of all evils, not just about one particular sin. 

And Colossians 3:5 should always be on our minds too. In today's world most of the sinful idolatry that plagued the world during the time when Paul wrote these blessed verses is no more! PRAISE THE LORD FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should always stay vigilant and thankful in our prayers when James 1:2 is combined with Colossians 3:5. In today's world we could still be tempted with all possible temptations when dealing with money issues. We should always believe and PRAISE THE LORD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, justme007 said:

1. Revelation 13:18 : "this calls for wisdom" - wisdom is associated with Solomon --> 1Kings 10:14 - the amount of gold Solomon received yearly.

Gold often symbolizes wealth or money.

2. 1 Timothy 6:10 tells us about the root of all evils.

3. In addition to that Colossians 3:5 - "greed, which is idolatry."

I must add that these are just my thoughts on the subject.

So would you surmise the second-beast-man-of-sin-end-times-false-prophet will have some inkling that 1Ki 10:14 which reads  "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold," is prophetic or symbolic of his satanic assignment? The charagma as it is called in the Greek, is also the sum of all the numbers from 1 to 36. This can be "calculated" in the shape of a triangle with 1 at the top and 36 at the base.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Some interesting thoughts here and I`ll add my own.

THE NUMBER – Gk. `arithmos,` a number, from `airo,` reckoned.

`Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.` (Rev. 13: 18)

I believe the number of the `beast` is a summary of him, his character & authority. (Daniel 11: 21 – 45 gives a good description.)

666  = 600 + 60 + 6.

6 -  sinful man.

60  = 6 X 10 - sinful man disobeying God`s law.

600  = 6 X 10 X 10 – sinful man controlled by the spirit of complete lawlessness.

`the coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan with all power & signs & lying wonders.` (2 Thess. 2: 9)

This number describes the `beast` & his world system of control. Everyone in this system will have a number to identify them as different from others. People can be verified, tracked & controlled.

Finally, everyone in the world`s system will have the MARK (details of life) & a NUMBER connecting them to the system. Then if people want to `buy & selL,` they will need the authorisation of this system – the NAME. Note, not everyone `buys & sells,` - some elderly in nursing homes, some disabled, some poor, some living off the land etc.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

20 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Note, not everyone `buys & sells,` - some elderly in nursing homes, some disabled, some poor, some living off the land etc.

Marilyn.

Yes, you have to wonder exactly what John saw in parts of the vision God gave him. "I beheld...etc" and he reports that "no man, i.e. no-one, might buy or sell...etc" which suggests a totalitarian regime which controls financial transactions, making laws about how they are to be conducted and having the sovereign power (crowns on horns) to enforce them.

• Thumbs Up 1

PRAISE THE LORD FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some additional thoughts that I would like to add:

for it is the number of a man:

1) JEREMIAH 17: 5-8 and 9; pay special attention to 9. 

2) Colossians 3:5 - other kinds of idolatry is falsely claimed to be something more than a manmade abomination by those who make it. Wealth, however, is not claimed by anyone to be anything else than "of a man".

Edited by justme007

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

t knot.jpg