IGNORED

Is it possible to develop discernment spiritually?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

More and more i see it as a gift im starting to need. I keep running into people who seem nice at first but then show theyre true colors months later. 

I just have zero discernment when it comes to people in general and i wind up with crappy people around me. Recently i had someone. I really trusted turn on me... There were no sigbs or clues... It just happened. 

Sometimes i wonder if its avoidable... Or if its simply life. But im coming to the point i just want to isolate myself because i cant trust people and i dont see their BS coming. 

Is discernment something you can ask for? Or does it have to be a gift God blesses you with?

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

More and more i see it as a gift im starting to need. I keep running into people who seem nice at first but then show theyre true colors months later. 

I just have zero discernment when it comes to people in general and i wind up with crappy people around me. Recently i had someone. I really trusted turn on me... There were no sigbs or clues... It just happened. 

Sometimes i wonder if its avoidable... Or if its simply life. But im coming to the point i just want to isolate myself because i cant trust people and i dont see their BS coming. 

Is discernment something you can ask for? Or does it have to be a gift God blesses you with?

Pray for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

How closer you are to God how more discernment He will give you,read His Word and ask Him to give you the discernment you need at the time you need it,God is good and will help you to understand what is going on, your job is to surrender to God.

Are you a born again Christian who accepted Jesus as his Savior?First things first ,seek Jesus  first and all those things shall be added on the you.Seek and ye shall find.

• Praise God! 1

22 minutes ago, angels4u said:

How closer you are to God how more discernment He will give you,read His Word and ask Him to give you the discernment you need at the time you need it,God is good and will help you to understand what is going on, your job is to surrender to God.

Are you a born again Christian who accepted Jesus as his Savior?First things first ,seek Jesus  first and all those things shall be added on the you.Seek and ye shall find.

Yes im born again. Where i work is dark and filled with messy evil people. Literally. 

I think im simply going to leave.

30 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes im born again. Where i work is dark and filled with messy evil people. Literally. 

I think im simply going to leave.

Maybe ask the Lord to see people in a different light,they all need Jesus,if you're a Christian your light will shine on the darkness where you work and people will see Jesus in you,the Lord puts us in  places where we don't expect to be to be a witness for Him ,let the people see by your conduct that Jesus lives in you,in the meantime pray if God wants you to have a different job that He will provide you with a different job ?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Maybe ask the Lord to see people in a different light,they all need Jesus,if you're a Christian your light will shine on the darkness where you work and people will see Jesus in you,the Lord puts us in  places where we don't expect to be to be a witness for Him ,let the people see by your conduct that Jesus lives in you,in the meantime pray if God wants you to have a different job that He will provide you with a different job ?

This girl lied on me talked about me behind my back and gossips about others. Shes not a good person. Shes also a bit touched in the head so im kind of afraid of her for good reason. 

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I try to pray for discernment half the time mostly,  but I know that I have to be careful about what voice i'm listening to I have to make sure that's it's the voice of God & not the voice of the father of lies

15 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

This girl lied on me talked about me behind my back and gossips about others. Shes not a good person. Shes also a bit touched in the head so im kind of afraid of her for good reason. 

Can you not stay away from her or talk to your boss?

47 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Can you not stay away from her or talk to your boss?

No i tried both and shes just a rwally difficult person

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hey always look for the better job for you! When you find it take it.

Think of this as a starting of discernment; the realization that you need to be discerning.

Step two; give thanks to God for step one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1