• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Hi guys, 

I hope you all have had a good weekend.  

For the last week, the subject of this topic has been running through my mind. 

When talking to others, it seems so easy to say "I'll be praying for you".

I think it is great to be praying for others; as we can do it no matter where we are. 

So,  for those who say they are praying, what do you do, to make sure that you follow up with your commitment. 

So here leads to another question.  I think we all know people who say they are praying, and we wonder if they ever do.  But, we know that they will be thinking of us. 

Why is it so hard to tell someone that we are thinking of them, rather than praying for them?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I often find I think on something for a while. And sometimes it's good to share to read your input.

Thanks guys. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

When I tell people I will pray for them I usually do it as I walk away or I do it aloud on the spot.  They I keep on praying for them as God brings them to mind.  For instance, still praying for Logan, Omega and Jade.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,553
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

I assume people will pray if they say they will. People can forget if things come up. I never say I am thinking of you or someone.  It seems kind of personel. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Annette said:

Hi guys, 

I hope you all have had a good weekend.  

For the last week, the subject of this topic has been running through my mind. 

When talking to others, it seems so easy to say "I'll be praying for you".

I think it is great to be praying for others; as we can do it no matter where we are. 

So,  for those who say they are praying, what do you do, to make sure that you follow up with your commitment. 

So here leads to another question.  I think we all know people who say they are praying, and we wonder if they ever do.  But, we know that they will be thinking of us. 

Why is it so hard to tell someone that we are thinking of them, rather than praying for them?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I often find I think on something for a while. And sometimes it's good to share to read your input.

Thanks guys. 

Prayer is to me conversation. So I see no reason not to respond during a conversation for the desires needs and also giving thanks with praise to God  in that very conversation. Why wait? Instead,  just invite the Holy Spirit into the conversation at hand by asking Jesus to intercede with His Father if that  be  the need.

In addition most of us have smart phones, we text, we send e-mails, we memo, why not have a prayer mail box or text one's self with memo's of prayer needs as they are heard or seen? Then time such is this early morning hour may be spent going over e-mails of prayer requests in preparation  for organizing them  each morning and then praying for God's guidance help  and command.

Now being  an old geezer, with a bit of a tiring memory facility, I do make some pencil written notes too. Seems the mechanics of actual writing helps me.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

A great topic, with really helpful replies.

I think Neighbor is right that it's useful to write it down. As praying is a teminology for having a conversation with the Lord, just like we have a conversation with each other, I tend to talk to the Lord about the person who has asked for prayers straight away, and then later when I ask the Lord what he would like me to pray for, He tends to bring those people to mind who need praying for. Those that I talk to the Lord about to a lot, He brings to my mind quite regularly.

Becky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 3/24/2019 at 9:02 PM, Annette said:

I pray right away while it is fresh on my mind. I trust the Lord to bring it back to my remembrance throughout the week. If I am able to write it down and keep it on a prayer list, that is helpful. If it has to do with an event (doctor or court apt) I write it on the calendar.

It may be for some, but I actually do both. They go hand in hand. :) I say, 'You've been on my mind a lot" or 'I've been thinking about you" and then "You are in my prayers."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Start praying as soon as you can, just for starters. But beyond that continued exposure to the person helps. Like if someone wanted to pray regularly for people who posted prayer requests here they could do something like bookmark the threads for the requests they were praying for and go down the list of prayer requests in their bookmarks as often as they felt a need to. As others have suggested writing it down is good, especially if you post the list somewhere that you're sure to notice. On the fridge, on the door to your room. One youth pastor I had back when I was young posted his on the bathroom door.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

In the past, I have felt the guilt of NOT haven prayed for someone I honestly intended to pray for.
Now, when a prayed request is brought up, I start praying immediately before the request is even finished.
I do forget, when many request are brought up, so I 'mentally' have a quick conversation with God,
as earnest as I possibly can. This does help  'link' my memory better for later prayers.

Though it may be personal, I have no problem telling someone I have been thinking about them.
As I have been told this by others a time or two, it has always given me a lift.
I just try to pass it on.