• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/31/2019 at 3:07 AM, Wayne222 said:

Well said brother. A lot of churchs don't preach good news. They preach you better get to work if you don't want to go to hell. Are you attending a church ?

Yes. I found a local church that is not so dogmatic about their viewpoints (other than, obviously, their viewponts on saving grace). I play bass in the worship band, teach adult sunday school (two other guys and I trade off weeks) and participate in their jail ministry. None of those opportunities were available in the first churches I attended here. I can talk about my "fringe" viwpoints, e.g. Conditional Immortality with the pastor or anybody else and nobody declares a pox on my house or anything.

In fact, the senior pastor seems to not only entertain the idea, but may agree. 

BTW, you very succinctly summed up the whole issue down here in your single sentence about what they preach. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, Wayne222 said:

I just read the smaller churches which were of 100 members or less are not experience any growth. 

To me churches until recently in america always were growing. I think faith in God is dead or close to it. Americans don't care about God any more. Or is it something else maybe ?

I don't know. It really seems to me that many have gone astray. Sometimes maybe it takes a cataclysmic event, like a world war, to frighten people before they turn back to the Lord.