• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Not me said:

Matthew 7:7 (NASB)
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

To those who’s hearts would be Christ’s.

to those God says, ask. 

to those God says, seek. 

to those God says, knock.

Than comes the God of love, with His fulfillment. 

“And He will be found by you.”

For the finding of Him by His children is the joy of His heart.  

Not me, this post was so simplistically profound, I thought it good to bring it back into the forum. Thanks for sharing this. It was really needed for some reason. Go bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Not me said:

AMatthew 7:7 (NASB)
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

To those who’s hearts would be Christ’s.

to those God says, ask. 

to those God says, seek. 

to those God says, knock.

Than comes the God of love, with His fulfillment. 

“And He will be found by you.”

For the finding of Him by His children is the joy of His heart. 

For His heart is toward all that would truly want to know Him. Those willing to have that intimate one and one relationship with Him, that takes place in the secret recesses of the heart. Where no one knows what transpires but the believer and this God of love, that died to make such a relationship possible. It is to this relationship God calls all those that would desire to be His. This call is to the heart of man, from the heart of the God of love. From the heart of God to the heart of man. This is God’s invitation to all those that would be willing to be His. 

“Come to me all that are heavy laden with fears, doubts, confusion, questions and any and all things that would prevent you from coming to me”

Says the God of love, to all those that would be willing to be His........completely. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me  

ask_seek_knock_importunity.jpg.29cd98afaffe120e69dc8f690174b040.jpg

I am asking God for guidance. Seeking His will for my business. Knocking on His door to enter the next stage of my service to Him. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Not me, this post was so simplistically profound, I thought it good to bring it back into the forum. Thanks for sharing this. It was really needed for some reason. Go bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Thank you for such kind and uplifting thoughts. 

If ever my posts can help put a grain of increase, in someone’s relationship with Christ, I would be most blessed. 

Blessings, 

2 hours ago, Michael37 said:

ask_seek_knock_importunity.jpg.29cd98afaffe120e69dc8f690174b040.jpg

I am asking God for guidance. Seeking His will for my business. Knocking on His door to enter the next stage of my service to Him. 

I will be standing with you before the Throne of the one Who loves us, that He would make plain to you His will, and He would prosper you in all things. 

Blessings

2 hours ago, SelahSong said:

@Not me  Love these scriptures, Not me! :emot-heartbeat: ....because, for me, they touch on the importance of studying His Word.  When we know what it is that God has to say to us, including His instructions, His promises, the way He teaches us His ways, then, by the Holy Spirit, we know what to ask for, what to seek after, and what door it is we desire He open for us when we knock.  

I just learned recently another reason for studying His Word.... ready? :) Okay, here it is:  one of the most wonderful things that the Holy Spirit will do for us is to bring Scripture to our remembrance. How exciting it will be to have the Holy Spirit bring to our remembrance the right scriptures to answer anyone who asks us the reason for the hope that is in us!  But, you see, if we don’t study, the Holy Spirit won’t be able to find anything in our minds to bring to remembrance!  That would not be good at all! 

Again, thanks for the awesome study. God is so good!

- Selah 

Absolutely! God is so good, in all things, times, occasions. We are so blessed to have a God Who Himself is all love.

To have the privilege to get to know this awesome God, through study, through prayer, through fellowship. Such a great thing to see Christ in our fellow brothers and sisters.  

Blessings as He makes Himself more real to us daily. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Our prayers are not always answered as we want them to be answered. Our prayers will be answered according to God's will for our lives and the plan He has for us. God promises to provide our "needs" not always our "wants".

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Our prayers are not always answered as we want them to be answered. Our prayers will be answered according to God's will for our lives and the plan He has for us. God promises to provide our "needs" not always our "wants".

This is so true. It is a lesson that needs to be learned. Thank the Lord though, that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. For righteousness is His will, so we can trust His love for us. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/26/2019 at 2:17 AM, missmuffet said:

Hi, Are you sure? I thought that was Donald Trump- with his many rally's theme music blaring out the Rolling Stones, "No, you can't always get what you want. You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime you find. You get what you need. " -

Hmm, I do think my prayer is answered by God, and not with a no either.  Perhaps the idea of a conflict that has need to be resolved  is explained within the Book of Isaiah at Isaiah 65.

Seems to me God knows my prayer before I do. He has satisfied it before I know of it myself. If it seems to me to be  an answer of no that is my  misconception and not his refusal. His will is served at the timing known to Him for what is best  in answer to my prayer. Just as it was for my grandmother's prayer for my salvation which came long after her earthly demise, but was answered by God in the affirmative from time before time before her asking again and again in her prayers.

I do think it a bit of a side step to say God answers no, when He has said ask and I will grant to you. There seems to me  to be more than that, as an answer when there is not a great puff and voila prayer answered. I do believe  Jesus does reconcile prayer just as he has reconciled salvation of flawed and rebellious individuals to being turned about by the Holy Spirit. God answers prayer. He is not a trickster. He has known them from before they were thought and uttered by me. Perhaps the positive answers are eternal, more than temporal in nature,  and a better answer in the affirmative than may be realized by me.

I just know God is not to be trifled with, and He has stated "ask and you shall receive". That I see darkly today, as the phrase goes, does not mean God has not answered in  affirmative manner. So, I simply count them as answered affirmatively by God. Plus I do not insult my creator in trifling games such as asking  Him to turn my vanilla milkshake into a preferred coffee flavored one, when He has already provided answer by giving me means to order another in the flavor I have wanted.

It just doesn't seem clever for me to say sometimes the answer is no, though many a preacher uses that  as explanation for not seeing the answer to prayer. To me there must be a better answer than that one. For that one seems to me to be a making of an excuse for God. I do believe I will find my prayers answered, just may not learn of how and when in this lifetime nor ever I suppose, but I have confidence that is my lacking understanding and not God's lack of doing. After all I am saved, by Jesus,  through the agency of God the Holy Spirit, even though I didn't have want of it. My grandmother's prayer answered by God. I never knew what hit me, but God did, from before the beginning of all things of creation He knew. All things do work together for good for those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and savior. Prayers are answered to that good, my knowing the when and where of it not necessary for it to be so.

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Are you sure? I thought that was Donald Trump- with his many rally's theme music blaring out the Rolling Stones, "No, you can't always get what you want. You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime you find. You get what you need. " -

Hmm, I do think my prayer is answered by God, and not with a no either.  Perhaps the idea of a conflict that has need to be resolved  is explained within the Book of Isaiah at Isaiah 65.

Seems to me God knows my prayer before I do. He has satisfied it before I know of it myself. If it seems to me to be  an answer of no that is my  misconception and not his refusal. His will is served at the timing known to Him for what is best  in answer to my prayer. Just as it was for my grandmother's prayer for my salvation which came long after her earthly demise, but was answered by God in the affirmative from time before time before her asking again and again in her prayers.

I do think it a bit of a side step to say God answers no, when He has said ask and I will grant to you. There seems to me  to be more than that, as an answer when there is not a great puff and voila prayer answered. I do believe  Jesus does reconcile prayer just as he has reconciled salvation of flawed and rebellious individuals to being turned about by the Holy Spirit. God answers prayer. He is not a trickster. He has known them from before they were thought and uttered by me. Perhaps the positive answers are eternal, more than temporal in nature,  and a better answer in the affirmative than may be realized by me.

I just know God is not to be trifled with, and He has stated "ask and you shall receive". That I see darkly today, as the phrase goes, does not mean God has not answered in  affirmative manner. So, I simply count them as answered affirmatively by God. Plus I do not insult my creator in trifling games such as asking  Him to turn my vanilla milkshake into a preferred coffee flavored one, when He has already provided answer by giving me means to order another in the flavor I have wanted.

It just doesn't seem clever for me to say sometimes the answer is no, though many a preacher uses that  as explanation for not seeing the answer to prayer. To me there must be a better answer than that one. For that one seems to me to be a making of an excuse for God. I do believe I will find my prayers answered, just may not learn of how and when in this lifetime nor ever I suppose, but I have confidence that is my lacking understanding and not God's lack of doing. After all I am saved, by Jesus,  through the agency of God the Holy Spirit, even though I didn't have want of it. My grandmother's prayer answered by God. I never knew what hit me, but God did, from before the beginning of all things of creation He knew. All things do work together for good for those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and savior. Prayers are answered to that good, my knowing the when and where of it not necessary for it to be so.

Thank you for sharing  your relationship with Christ with us. 

The Words of Life do say;

James 5:16b (NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

“The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man”

Such a blessing to pray such a prayer and know that He hears. 

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

Amen I agree with everything said here :)  we have to keep on asking God in prayer & that means constant prayer :)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1