• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys
I consider my life a total failure.
I have no friends and no social skills, I am 26 years old and never had a boyfriend.
I try to be friendly to people but everybody go away.

I am a chemical engineer, unemployed, can't get a job.
I studied hard because I thought "at least I will have money"... but it didn't work out because I could not get any job after University.

So I lost all my youth in my room studying.

My past high school classmates all got good jobs and are all getting married etc.

I have never traveled, I do not have any good experiences to tell people. My life is so boring.
and I hate my appearance.
most people I meet are mean people who treat me badly.

What should I do exactly?
Can I ask Jesus to help me in some way? Would he help me in anything or I'd better just change my mindset to accept my boring life as it is?

Thanks
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

46 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys
I have no friends and no social skills, I am 26 years old and never had a boyfriend.

I am a chemical engineer, unemployed, can't get a job.
I studied hard because I thought "at least I will have money"... but it didn't work out because I could not get any job after University.

So I lost all my youth in my room studying.

My past high school classmates all got good jobs and are all getting married etc.

I have never traveled, I do not have any good experiences to tell people. My life is so boring.

Can I ask Jesus to help me in some way? Would he help me in anything or I'd better just change my mindset to accept my boring life as it is?

Thanks

Give your life to God. He has a plan for you. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi NathWChristian,

Sorry you're so sad. That should not be your plight.

Something is out of whack regarding employment. Have you asked for an exit interview with those that  have turned you down for employment?  I know they may be reluctant to speak, but ask anyway. Tell them something sure isn't working for you and that you will like to change it if you may know what is  the issue or issues that are blocking you from being accepted somewhere.

Chemical engineering can be a most satisfying career path. A spirit and soul satisfying one as well as a financially rewarding one. You can get a job, no make that a fine career, doing most satisfying work of benefit to many. Change your thinking now. Make a plan, and then work the plan, start with goals then work out strategy,  and finally develop technique to get yourself on a good path for you.

So you missed the years of teen foolishness, well lucky you! Many did not and are now stuck living the aftermath of it.  Again,  work on your attitude about yourself. Stop being mean to yourself (self meanification). You are to be treated well, by you especially! Now, pray for guidance from God the Holy Spirit, asking for intercessor prayer  by Jesus before His Father for you. Put your best effort into real life just as your have done to make yourself a well educated Chemical engineer.

Stop! Stop! Stop projecting failure. Instead  thank God for the fine education and opportunity before you today. Work to obtain that good career, thank God for it.

And if you want a fuller social  life, well don't we all- But it isn't all it is cracked up to be. Pray to God for one good friend,  one person to share with, one person to pray with, and keep praying, and giving thanks.

May God continue to bless you, and may  you come to see the blessing, may it be the dominant thing of your life becoming the gift  from the Holy Spirit of God, more than  a talent. May your friendship become such a blessing to others that they see Christ Jesus in you and want to be like you are to them. May God guide you,  may you heed His guidance. Amen

Also buy and read the book by Scott Hamilton the champion figure skater titled "FINISH FIRST - WINNING CHANGES EVERYTHING"- It has much Godly encouragement .

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

ps- my father was a chemical engineer/inventor/ multiple businesses owner. Starting in soft footwear then aerospace as in  Paraglider, Saturn Rocket, Space shuttle, adhesives and coatings in industries  of many kinds, and also in medical devices  creating titanium mesh used to  make jaws, skulls, eye sockets, and to repair of seriously damaged bones. 

You too are fortunate to have such an education as to enable you toward really wonderful accomplishments over your lifetime.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,398
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Hello! I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with you, and yes, Jesus can help. Absolutely pray about it, but there's more to keep in mind. As said in the Bible, faith without works is dead. Works in your case would translate to active jobseeking. I agree with others that for the time being you should try for any old job until something better comes up, but also consider other angles. Are you going to a church? If not then attending one and getting to know people could help you. Having social contacts can help you get a foot in the door, and if you make Christian friends they can be a good source of spiritual guidance and support as well. I know it's easier said than done. I'm struggling myself and have social anxiety myself but I've seen and experienced a lot of what good knowing people can do for you. Also, look up resume writing tips if you haven't already. They can be a big help.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God loves you!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

15 hours ago, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys

Thanks

You've had some excelent advice already may I add something extra.

Please go and talk to someone who knows you and who you trust. Then listen to them!

When life is difficult, our hopes aren't fulfilled it is very easy to gey into a downward spiral of, 'I'm a failure, nobody likes me etc etc etc'

Getting out of this needs the encouragement of people who you trust to tell you the truth that these feelings are lies.

Please talk to someone, and don't be afraid to seek medical help. Depression as a medical condition does not 'go away'.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Dont be afraid if people leave you, just dont leave Jesus.

Dont try to seek high level job, try seeking muscles job, such as labour, courier, restaurant clerks, waitress,

or equip urself with practical course where u can make money : tailoring, haircutting, bride dressing, cooking, baking, shoe/bag repair, electronics or computer repair, etc.etc.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, NathWChristian said:

Shalom my friend,

I'm sorry to hear you are in this low place. I've been there before to. It has no obvious exit out.

I would advise to seek His Kingdom and the baptism of the Holy Spirit first, above all things.  I don't mean that to sound vague.  I mean you should bury your spare time in His Word, all of it, and when you've completed it, do it again and again. Pray each day for wisdom in the name of Jesus. He will establish you if He sees this willingness and your set path will become clear to you.  Ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, without backing down, until it happens for you.

Also, you should try not to think "can Jesus help me?" but "what can I do to help Jesus?".  He loves us greatly. He loves us tremendously!  But He is not there to pull us through all of our challenges. They are challenges set before us for a reason - to teach us, train us and test us.  How else do you expect to receive rewards for overcoming adversity if Jesus handles each one for you? Don't get me wrong, He is there for you, and closer than you think. But it's because of His love and wanting us to grow that he takes our training wheels off eventually.

Now that's all very well and good to say, but I probably had an easier time than you, right?  Well, no. I completely share and identified with these statements you made of yourself:

• I consider my life a total failure.
  • I have no friends and no social skills
  • I try to be friendly to people but everybody go away.
  • I lost all my youth in my room.
  • My past high school classmates all got good jobs.
  • I have never traveled, I do not have any good experiences to tell people. 
  • I hate my appearance.

Indeed, I suffered severely with depression, even after being a Christian!  I was in a bad way. 

So what happened? I simply took everything back to naught.  I approached the Bible from scratch as a child would, forcing myself to forget every doctrine I've been taught - to read with fresh eyes.  I prayed each day a very simple prayer. "Father Yahweh, I love you. In the name of Jesus, please give me wisdom and help me to understand your Word." That's it. But I prayed it every morning, however bad I felt.  Then I would listen to an audio bible commuting to work (I recommend the NIV one read by David Suchet). I then searched to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit above everything else.  I searched very hard until it finally happened...

Today, I'm so different to how I used to be. My situation didn't change dramatically at all, but my opinion of it did!  Every day is is filled with so much joy and peace.  Every day I'm excited to learn more about God's Word and character.  I'm excited to help others in His family.  Every day is a joy to know Him and filled with me wishing I could do something to help HIM more.  Anything that I use to see as a failure, I was assessing to learn a life lesson from it and the sooner I did, the sooner the 'failure' went away.

I hope this gives you some encouragement my friend. The long night can be over if you seek His kingdom and the baptism of His Spirit, above all things.

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1