• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/26/2019 at 12:40 PM, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys
I consider my life a total failure.
I have no friends and no social skills, I am 26 years old and never had a boyfriend.
I try to be friendly to people but everybody go away.

I am a chemical engineer, unemployed, can't get a job.
I studied hard because I thought "at least I will have money"... but it didn't work out because I could not get any job after University.

So I lost all my youth in my room studying.

My past high school classmates all got good jobs and are all getting married etc.

I have never traveled, I do not have any good experiences to tell people. My life is so boring.
and I hate my appearance.
most people I meet are mean people who treat me badly.

What should I do exactly?
Can I ask Jesus to help me in some way? Would he help me in anything or I'd better just change my mindset to accept my boring life as it is?

Thanks

Hello NathWChristian. Peace and blessings to you.

Of course Jesus can help you. Jesus loves you and wants the best for you. Pray to him and ask him to help you overcome your worries and fears. But when you pray, you have to open your heart, be still and wait for him to answer. He may not come when you want him to, but he will come in his own time. In the meantime, there are some things you can do while you wait for God to work in your life. Do you belong to a church? If not, seek out a bible based church. There, you can meat other Christians, join a ministry to keep you busy and make new friends. Go to job fairs and take Jesus with you. Pray to him and ask him to lead and guide you to the right places and to meat the right people. Don't stay locked up in your home. When you isolate yourself from others, it gives the devil a foothold to come in and do damage. Try to go out and be around other people and ask God to put you into the company of those who are trustworthy.

Ask God to give you confidence and to know that you are not a failure, because God does not make mistakes! He has a plan for you.

Be patient with the Lord and trust in him to transform your life. Seek his kingdom first, and all other things will be added. God bless!

Edited by valenciarosejjj
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

yes Jesus can help you :)  please don't give up on life :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 3/26/2019 at 11:40 AM, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys
I have no friends and no social skills, I am 26 years old and never had a boyfriend.

I studied hard because I thought "at least I will have money"... but it didn't work out because I could not get any job after University.

My past high school classmates all got good jobs and are all getting married etc.

I have never traveled, I do not have any good experiences to tell people. My life is so boring.

Can I ask Jesus to help me in some way? Would he help me in anything or I'd better just change my mindset to accept my boring life as it is?

Thanks

I don't know where to start.....    if you are asking if Jesus could help you it makes me wonder if you have any kind of relationship with him at all.

I have a thousand questions        like   what people are mean people who treat you badly and where do you meet these people?

Have you ever read the Bible?

What do you know about Jesus?   You ask if he can do anything to help.....   I just have to think you really don't know him or you wouldn't ask that.

How did you look for a job? 

What should you do exactly you ask.....       well if you live in the US, I would find myself a Nazarene Church and have a long talk with the pastor there.....  I do favor that domination for I have attended just about everything you can think of and those 4 Nazarene churches had the most loving people of any of the others....   and their doctrine is basically sound....    I know you can find Jesus there, but the reason I can say that is a very long personal family story that I can't put here....   

Then I would hire the best employment agency you can find to let a professional find you a job.....     they can tell you the things you are doing wrong in looking for a job.....    and to add to that, companies in that field seldom advertise for jobs, they hire employment agencies to find you....   and they don'e advertise those jobs either for there are folks going to them to find jobs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Try an employment agency for sure ^^ You are well educated, you could get a job anywhere. Employers love college degrees of any kind. It shows follow-through and grit. Be courageous and kind to yourself. Pray constantly instead of being bored. God is truly a lover of our souls, he is more precious and interesting than a physical lover!  Just try. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hey sister @NathWChristian

So far from what I have read, some sound advice coming through...

Here's another take on your situation.. is there anything that this community of believers can do to help you at this point in time?

I can appreciate we all have helpful advice to point you in the direction you need to go... though there are just times we need someone to get along side us to help us prop us so we can eventually stand on our Jesus foundation again...

There is no doubt a fountain of wisdom and experience found in this community... I know in my line of work at present... supporting people where they are at is about getting along side them, not just telling them or pointing them where to go... not to say that your independence and autonomy is equally important to do things yourself eventually...

But yeah simple really, please let 'us' know what we can do to help... I believe even for those of us on the other side of the world can offer not just words of advice but clear steps to help where you are... happy to be the first to put my hand up...

We are called The Body of Christ, and when a part of the body is unwell, then it is up to the rest of the body (as much as they can feasibly do and offer) to help that part that needs the support/ love/ comfort/ protection...

So let us know...

Kind regards

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

My advice would be to take a position in an organization or plant that is entry level, like a chem tech.   Once you are hired it is much easier to move up because they often hire from within before they post it publicly.  

Php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Php 4:5  Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Php 4:6  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Php 4:7  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 3/26/2019 at 11:40 AM, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys

Thanks

Find real born again people and you will be loved and included... it is our nature :)