• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

Under the impression of “Forensic Files” I have noticed a statistic regularity. Of all the hundreds of ideas GOOD DEEDS are chosen to be “under attack” even though this idea is in John, James, Matthew, in the very words of Jesus, in the practice of Jesus and the Apostles. It would take a dissertation but what is on the surface is clear. There is a collection of methods to oppose GOOD DEEDS. To name just a few 1).Attempt to separate good deeds from faith Nobody considers good deeds alone to be saved but that is the standing accusation. 2). Attempts to draw the idea of being perfect to the subject although one can easily perform good works without being perfect. 3)translation flaw 4) Attempt to designate the idea to one period only. 5)Attempt to designate the idea for one people only, 6)Creation of a derogatory name for the supporters  and so on to name just a few.

The reason for that in my opinion is this. If I had a parish I would lose it on the next day. How would I support my family ? Modern people demand a show and pleasant impressions. The sermon is to be permeated with humor and fun and modern music and what not. I would certainly do that. But there is one more thing. If I tried to tell them the bitter truth about good works and that few will be saved they would go to an easier preacher or worse they would seek another religion. The world would hate me (in fact it does already for my downright attitude).

Edited by vlad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

58 minutes ago, vlad said:

Modern people demand a show and pleasant impressions.

Nah, no more than ever.

That is a lament, evidently first mentioned by Satan to God  as he spoke of God's servant Job.

Satan the accuser declared with confidence that  Job would  deny God because of his plight of his wealth and health being gone from him, showing God that man only loved the blessing of material wealth. But it was not so, and is not so today.

Born again saints in Christ Jesus are not motivated to love things, but instead to love opportunity to worship God doing all things that are to be done to His Glory ( and not to personal gain in prosperity).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

2 hours ago, vlad said:

Nobody considers good deeds alone to be saved but that is the standing accusation. 

Modern people demand a show and pleasant impressions. The sermon is to be permeated with humor and fun and modern music and what not. I would certainly do that. 

If I tried to tell them the bitter truth about good works and that few will be saved they would go to an easier preacher or worse they would seek another religion.

Unfortunetly those who stress good works seem to do so over and above the need for saving faith.

The blunt and brutal truth is that it is "faith alone" that saves and that we show our faith by our good works.

Sermons I enjoy an element of humour, but I want in a sermon to be instructed, rebuke and challenged to follow Jesus. If people don't like that, find it too challenging then if the truth of the gospel offends and they leave, that is their loss.

Any church that preaches something pleasent to the ears is unlikely to be preaching a message from God.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Nah, no more than ever.

That is a lament, evidently first mentioned by Satan to God  as he spoke of God's servant Job.

Satan the accuser declared with confidence that  Job would  deny God because of his plight of his wealth and health being gone from him, showing God that man only loved the blessing of material wealth. But it was not so, and is not so today.

Born again saints in Christ Jesus are not motivated to love things, but instead to love opportunity to worship God doing all things that are to be done to His Glory ( and not to personal gain in prosperity).

You say " Nah, no more than ever." That is not right. Making it a show is the invention of the 20th century.

Nobody is lamenting. This is a false accusation! I am happy. Be it known to you that if the world loves you - God doesn't. And the other way around.

Edited by vlad
  • Oy Vey! 1

10 minutes ago, Who me said:

Unfortunetly those who stress good works seem to do so over and above the need for saving faith.

The blunt and brutal truth is that it is "faith alone" that saves and that we show our faith by our good works.

Sermons I enjoy an element of humour, but I want in a sermon to be instructed, rebuke and challenged to follow Jesus. If people don't like that, find it too challenging then if the truth of the gospel offends and they leave, that is their loss.

Any church that preaches something pleasent to the ears is unlikely to be preaching a message from God.

Wrong again. A false accusation. I am not stressing good works. This is one more interpretation against good works in my collection.Neither am I putting them before faith! ( I expect someone to falsely accuse me of putting good works before faith.So I war you beforehand that I do not) For me faith and good works are just inseparable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, vlad said:

Wrong again. A false accusation. I am not stressing good works. This is one more interpretation against good works in my collection.Neither am I putting them before faith! ( I expect someone to falsely accuse me of putting good works before faith.So I war you beforehand that I do not) For me faith and good works are just inseparable.

I am not stressing good works. I stress faith and good works together! This is one more interpretation against good works in my collection.Neither am I putting them before faith! Waiting for further wrong accusations.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Actually vlad you do.

In the now closed thread on eternal punishment. I wrote that no ware does the bible teach that good works save.

You replied quote  matthew on the sheep and goats as evidence that good works save.

I sussspect this was as I replied here merely an over stressing of the importance of works, but it shows the problem in over stressing works.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,156
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, vlad said:

I stress faith and good works together!

The conjunctive makes both necessary... but the initial salvation cannot be of works in any form of deed or of thought according to Scripture

Titus 3:5-7

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
KJV
The world is completely brainwashed by the do to get scenario but the whole of Scripture is pin pointed to that which goes on from here for eternity souls of humanity and His Word... now find works of here in that! 

2 hours ago, Who me said:

Did not you read my message that I consider faith and good works as one together. Why do you insist that I stress good works. I said I did not. I just do not leave them out.

33 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The conjunctive makes both necessary... but the initial salvation cannot be of works in any form of deed or of thought according to Scripture

Titus 3:5-7

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
KJV
The world is completely brainwashed by the do to get scenario but the whole of Scripture is pin pointed to that which goes on from here for eternity souls of humanity and His Word... now find works of here in that! 

You say "the conjunctive makes both necessary... but the initial salvation cannot be of works in any form of deed or of thought according to Scripture" Does not it remind  you the hen and its egg problem. Which is first? It is like theory and practice. Practice without theory is blind and theory without practice is dead. Please continue arguing with James 2, 14.