• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Ephesians 2:8-10 only proves that without His grace, we would never be saved.  If you honestly looked at everything I posted, you would also admit that I never said I saved myself, that is what you were trying to imply I said, which is false.  What is not of ourselves is the ability to become sinless where we can forgive our sins ourselves.  That is why Jesus died.

But I have showed you this before and you refused to honestly consider what I said.  So that this thread also does not get hijacked into a subject of predestination vs. free will, this is the last I will reply on this subject here.

I know what you believe in this subject. You've told me many times. I'm just saying on another subject with you still using that, I am telling them what I believe and know is the truth. It's not for you, but I'm replying with what verse you quoted and they will know who believes otherwise about this verse. I know you don't claim to be saved by yourself- that's not the debate we have. The debate is did you choose to be saved by accepting Christ, or did the Lord convince you and give you the faith to accept Him for He has chosen to save you. You say it is you who made the choice to accept Christ on your own. I say, and I know because this is my own reality and salvation, I hated God and I despised and rejected God until He let me know He has chosen me and wants to save me because He loves me and He wants to have me for His glory, and to build a relationship with me forevermore- so He gave me faith by His grace to believe- for without that, I would keep on rejecting Him. I know I didn't choose Him on my own. I was pure evil and would never desire such a thing. It's not possible for something so evil to make such a good choice all on it's own just because it hears about Jesus Christ. It takes much more than that to turn a sinful heart to God. The Bible teaches man cannot come to God on their own. But God brings them to Him and gives them to Jesus Christ.

Edited by Xethea
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

4 hours ago, Who me said:

Actually vlad you do.

In the now closed thread on eternal punishment. I wrote that no ware does the bible teach that good works save.

You replied quote  matthew on the sheep and goats as evidence that good works save.

I sussspect this was as I replied here merely an over stressing of the importance of works, but it shows the problem in over stressing works.

No, they are together. Continue to argue with James 2, 14

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The conjunctive makes both necessary... but the initial salvation cannot be of works in any form of deed or of thought according to Scripture

Titus 3:5-7

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
KJV
The world is completely brainwashed by the do to get scenario but the whole of Scripture is pin pointed to that which goes on from here for eternity souls of humanity and His Word... now find works of here in that! 

Dear brothers, as there are many messages and I do not want to ignore them I suggest that the messages in which you quote  me should begin with dealing with James 2, 14-24 to make it an orderly discussion. 

1 hour ago, Xethea said:

Whoa, buddy! Hold your horses. Did you "literally" just claim God "doesn't" love someone, for in fact, just because the world loves them or for any other reason? As if, you find God has set His love conditionally?

John 15:18-19 New International Version (NIV)

The World Hates the Disciples

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

I believe the word for faith and faithfulness is the same in both Greek and Hebrew. If we are being faithful we have faith, if we have faith we will be faithful. Rahab believed the God of the Jews to be The True and Living God. She had faith and took action and was faithful. Ruth had faith in the Hebrew God and her actions were faithful. 

We can do good works but without faith it is impossible to please God. We can not work to be saved but being saved will provoke good works.

Faith and faithfulness are the same thing. It's why when we read Proverbs it's almost impossible to not be convicted. 

Faith without works is dead.

1 hour ago, vlad said:

John 15:18-19 New International Version (NIV)

The World Hates the Disciples

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

That doesn't claim that God's "doesn't" love anyone. That just claims if you are of God, then you'll be hated, if you weren't, then the world would love you. This doesn't claim God "won't" or "doesn't" love anyone. 

So where do you get that part where God won't love someone? Or have I somehow misunderstood you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Xethea said:

I know what you believe in this subject. You've told me many times. I'm just saying on another subject with you still using that, I am telling them what I believe and know is the truth. It's not for you, but I'm replying with what verse you quoted and they will know who believes otherwise about this verse. I know you don't claim to be saved by yourself- that's not the debate we have. The debate is did you choose to be saved by accepting Christ, or did the Lord convince you and give you the faith to accept Him for He has chosen to save you. You say it is you who made the choice to accept Christ on your own. I say, and I know because this is my own reality and salvation, I hated God and I despised and rejected God until He let me know He has chosen me and wants to save me because He loves me and He wants to have me for His glory, and to build a relationship with me forevermore- so He gave me faith by His grace to believe- for without that, I would keep on rejecting Him. I know I didn't choose Him on my own. I was pure evil and would never desire such a thing. It's not possible for something so evil to make such a good choice all on it's own just because it hears about Jesus Christ. It takes much more than that to turn a sinful heart to God. The Bible teaches man cannot come to God on their own. But God brings them to Him and gives them to Jesus Christ.

Normally, when someone quotes another post they are addressing the person they quoted, otherwise, they would just post their thought alone.  By doing so, you continue the "You vs I" comparision on what we believe, poking me to respond.  That, in case you don't realize it, is how people have correspond here over the past 10 plus years I have been here.  Perhaps, where you come from it is done differently.

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Normally, when someone quotes another post they are addressing the person they quoted, otherwise, they would just post their thought alone.  By doing so, you continue the "You vs I" comparision on what we believe, poking me to respond.  That, in case you don't realize it, is how people have correspond here over the past 10 plus years I have been here.  Perhaps, where you come from it is done differently.

That's okay. I'm not like other people, and there are no laws or sin in what I did. It's simply an easier way to do it. Plus, it is for everyone, that includes you. So it's not like you were excluded and i just used you for something else not involving you.

1 hour ago, Xethea said:

That doesn't claim that God's "doesn't" love anyone. That just claims if you are of God, then you'll be hated, if you weren't, then the world would love you. This doesn't claim God "won't" or "doesn't" love anyone. 

So where do you get that part where God won't love someone? Or have I somehow misunderstood you?

Thank you. You are right. It was my mistake. There are cases when God's love is not in a person that is correct: 1 John 2,15

15Do not lovethe world or anything in the world. If anyoneloves the world, the love of the Father is not inhim. 

Edited by vlad

1 minute ago, vlad said:

There are cases when God's love is not in a person: 1 John 2,15

15Do not lovethe world or anything in the world. If anyoneloves the world, the love of the Father is not inhim. 

Again, that doesn't claim God doesn't love someone. That just claims the person doesn't have love in themselves. Does God not love everyone, only some? And why?

2 minutes ago, Xethea said:

Again, that doesn't claim God doesn't love someone. That just claims the person doesn't have love in themselves. Does God not love everyone, only some? And why?

That is right ]. I SAID IT WAS MY MISTAKE about God' love. As for salvation it is your interpretation which I respect but do not quite agree with.