• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

That is right ]. I SAID IT WAS MY MISTAKE about God' love. As for salvation it is your interpretation which I respect but do not quite agree with.

I see. Thank you for your responses.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

26 minutes ago, Xethea said:

I see. Thank you for your responses.

But still Jesus is son of man and God's son. In fact Jesus is God and he says:

Matthew 7:20-23 King James Version (KJV)

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What does that mean? That means Jesus does not love such people. Is that right?

Edited by vlad

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

But still Jesus is son of man and God's son and he says:

Matthew 7:20-23 King James Version (KJV)

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What does that mean? That means Jesus does not love such people. Is that right?

That means He never built a relationship with those people. He doesn't know them personally. There's love God has for all in His image, and I believe there's another sense of love He has with those whom He has saved and made as His adopted children. To say that God doesn't love them is adding to the words in this context. The Bible clearly says God loved the world. Who do you think that includes? Only the saved?

15 minutes ago, Xethea said:

That means He never built a relationship with those people. He doesn't know them personally. There's love God has for all in His image, and I believe there's another sense of love He has with those whom He has saved and made as His adopted children. To say that God doesn't love them is adding to the words in this context. The Bible clearly says God loved the world. Who do you think that includes? Only the saved?

It is easier to think of those who He excludes. I guess He excludes those who He sends to hell.

Edited by vlad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

19 hours ago, vlad said:

You accuse me of over stressing the words of Jesus.  Can you over stress the words of Jesus Himself? Those were the very words of Jesus in Matthew. Can one over stress the words by Jesus? Is that at all possible?

Yes when in threads about faith/works you repeatedly say that they are equal.

They are not. Faith is a gift from God, our works are a sign that we love God/Jesus and a proof of our faith.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

18 hours ago, angels4u said:

Who Me ,Don't you believe that faith and works go together?

If you have no faith,you're not born again,if you have no works then I doubt if you're born again but if you have faith and good works then you have the faith which passes all understanding and we can see your heavenly Father living inside of you and give Him praise !

Where have I said that?

It is a long dispute.  As you know there was an attempt to delete James from the Gospel. May be they will do it in some version in the future. This goes to show you how seriously it is in the way of some people. All other attempts (translation flaw, etc were not convincing) In the past it was not a problem. May be it became a problem in the 20th century. I take James ( a strong literally understood) interpretation literally and feel that I have this right.

James 2:14-26 New King James Version (NKJV)

Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without [a]your works, and I will show you my faith by [b]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

At the same time I do not object if you choose a milder interpretation. It is your choice. We should agree to differ. This will be surely answered when we meet the Creator. O.K.?

6 hours ago, Who me said:

Where have I said that?

If you do not agree to faith and good deeds as equal then would you agree that they are inseparable? Take faith as HEART and good works as BLOOD. One does not exist without the other.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Good works is not always the result of faith.  There are those who do good works, yet are not His children.  We can see this in Matthew 7:21-23

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.  Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’  And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

This group did good works, but are denied due to what?  They did not live for the One they used in their works.  Their works were done by the name of Jesus, yet they were not Christians, a child of God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

On 3/27/2019 at 6:19 AM, enoob57 said:

The conjunctive makes both necessary... but the initial salvation cannot be of works in any form of deed or of thought according to Scripture

Titus 3:5-7

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
KJV
The world is completely brainwashed by the do to get scenario but the whole of Scripture is pin pointed to that which goes on from here for eternity souls of humanity and His Word... now find works of here in that! 

show me any person, just one would suffice...who gained His salvation without  thinking.  Or repenting  :)