• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/31/2019 at 8:52 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi,

..."I have yet to find a church to attend".... Me either! I guess I have never found one, they have found me - lucky them eh?:D

Seriously, I have not ever found a church to be a part of, not so much as I have been led to each one. Have had to move 2800 miles to be brought to the Lord, had to be led to a church, had to move 2800 miles again to a church, and 2800 more miles, yet again to another. It goes on a bit more and not always 2800 miles. My thought is; perhaps one never finds a church, not so much as God leads even drags one to 'em.

And surprise there are troubles there too, but God prevails telling via His Holy Spirit to  go and then stay, stay and  become part, learn and do, serve me here till I say get up and go serve me there.

It does seem to me that finding a local church body is not a matter of finding one in the neighborhood. It will be a local church body wherever it is that each saint in Christ Jesus is led to go to for serving and being served, all at God's good purpose and time.

Praise God for the adventure that is life. Thank you LORD for the highs and bringing me through the lows that I may learn to endure and be the better low ranking soldier. It is an amazing awesome thrill. Yes thrill, what a ride the brethren are on, this ride that  is also  a run, to be running as to finish first!

Why not use a church online for now, to get the fellowship you need?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Why not use a church online for now, to get the fellowship you need?

Hi,

"You need?" Is that a generic you? 

Hmm, as for me I  think that  I do not "use" a church. I hopefully do serve my Lord Jesus and am refreshed  by the local body of Christ Jesus in which the Holy Spirit has led me to join.

Selfishly, I would  not want to be without the prayer and the love of my brethren, just being online and "watching" Christianity will not suffice.  There is need and benefit greater than just absorbing, using, and taking of benefit without giving back in appreciation.

There is need for physical contact interchange with the others called by the Holy Spirit to gather and worship God. if I were so housebound or bedridden that i could not function and be there then I would suffer loss, but would certainly be happy to be online in real time streaming and participating in the corporate worshipping.

As to worship itself the question can be asked "when does the worship stop?" The answer is all thing to be done are to be done to the glory of God and God alone. Yet worship ( praise in song ) is enpowered greatly by the company of saints of common goal that  of enjoying the fruit of the labor of our creator Jesus. For where two or three are gather together in worship the Holy Spirit is present.

I guess those thoughts shape my understanding of my need and desire..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

"You need?" Is that a generic you? 

Hmm, as for me I  think that  I do not "use" a church. I hopefully do serve my Lord Jesus and am refreshed  by the local body of Christ Jesus in which the Holy Spirit has led me to join.

Selfishly, I would  not want to be without the prayer and the love of my brethren, just being online and "watching" Christianity will not suffice.  There is need and benefit greater than just absorbing, using, and taking of benefit without giving back in appreciation.

There is need for physical contact interchange with the others called by the Holy Spirit to gather and worship God. if I were so housebound or bedridden that i could not function and be there then I would suffer loss, but would certainly be happy to be online in real time streaming and participating in the corporate worshipping.

As to worship itself the question can be asked "when does the worship stop?" The answer is all thing to be done are to be done to the glory of God and God alone. Yet worship ( praise in song ) is enpowered greatly by the company of saints of common goal that  of enjoying the fruit of the labor of our creator Jesus. For where two or three are gather together in worship the Holy Spirit is present.

I guess those thoughts shape my understanding of my need and desire..

A lot of churches are now using online, allowing guests to participate prior to moving offline (in person). I saw a plea for not moving 2,800 miles again, and offered an interim solution.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

A lot of churches are now using online, allowing guests to participate prior to moving offline (in person). I saw a plea for not moving 2,800 miles again, and offered an interim solution.

Oh it was not a plea, it was an acknowledgement that God moves us where He wills us to be!

I have had a very very small part in  my own body of Christ Jesus in making livestream happen,  I even gave up my own office space to the cause ( big deal eh?). of having live streaming of the entirety of the worship services, in addition to it's archived sermons. I have used it and the archived essages all the time, and have promoted it even here on Worthy to others that do not yet have a body of Christ that they can paticipate at for one reason or another.

WHAT I WAS STATING is that  there is a local body  of Christ it just may not be where the saint in Christ is at the moment. It may be that the Holy Spirit wants the saint to move, as He did me!

Those that serve our savior have the privilege of much sacrificial giving to do, including getting up and moving  on to where God may want each of us to be, not only as missionaries, but also as janitors, dry-wallers, teachers, counselors, whatever the need maybe at a locale. If it were not so, I think we would all be at the church at Jerusalem and the word would not spread to all the world at all.

It has turned out to be my high privilege to be moved more than once some 2800 miles. It is not a burden, except as to the financial costs associated with giving up job, career, home, friends, comforts, and so on. The end result though is such  enlightenment and privilege as to be uncomparable in joy to the comparatively low cost.

What I was trying  to share, and evidently doing a poor job of it, is that even the low level station of foot  soldiers in Christ Jesus army do get called to move from their station to serve at another one, and  should not limit themselves to thinking God wills them to find that local church in their own neighborhood.

As to the thread's topic, I think that moving about to wherever called to go serve is part of making for a healthy spirit.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

Where I live there is not one single church of the Lord, ..there are a few believers in them, but when we try to fellowship with them we cause division, simply because we believe God said what He meant and meant what he said, so we have to refuse participation in any worldly schemes they bring in to "their" church, ...however we have found fellowship, as much is possible at such a distance, teaching, worship and the presence of the Holy Spirit through the online churches we visit.

Lord bless

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/27/2019 at 6:58 AM, JohnD said:

Since the 1970's America (and the world) has been on a health kick for our minds and bodies.

How healthy are our spirits?

That depends on whether or not we are obeying the Lord's commandments.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I am driving at what I believe to be things we can consciously choose to do to

exercise our spirits and nourish them.

Prayer.

Bible reading.

Bible study.

Obeying God in the dos and don't dos.

Otherwise we have neglected, emaciated spirits that would have died long ago if spirits could actually die.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, JohnD said:

Since the 1970's America (and the world) has been on a health kick for our minds and bodies.

How healthy are our spirits?

Extremely healthy, sickness and death doesnt effect the spirit, and it is eternal.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/12/2020 at 8:03 AM, Prycejosh1987 said:

Extremely healthy, sickness and death doesnt effect the spirit, and it is eternal.

Unfed, unexercised spirits in most would die from neglect if spirits could die

• Thumbs Up 1