How healthy is your spirit?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Since the 1970's America (and the world) has been on a health kick for our minds and bodies.

How healthy are our spirits?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Since the 1970's America (and the world) has been on a health kick for our minds and bodies.

Good point. We fear death (without Christ) and seek for the longest life possible (without eternal life from Christ). Ironic.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

The three essentials to life, at least to me: A healthy mind, a healthy body, and a healthy spirit.

All three, of which, I think need work. I lift weights, but my eating habits are terrible. I like to learn, but I can lose patience quickly if I don't get it right away, or I can quickly write something off if it seems ridiculous to me. As for spirit? I have yet to find a church to attend, and I certainly can't claim to be that great. I still wish to learn and grow, and in all three areas, I wish to make improvements. Always room for improvements, I say.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

If it gets any healthier it will get giddy, break out in song and dance, laughter and tears, and be a bit of a distraction in the great library  of silence with it's "silence  please" sign. Why, if I get any healthier I will  have to give up altogether my stoic Baptist chosen and frozen self over to my Pentecostal exuberance.

To date I am able to have both coexist within me under the indwelling of God the Holy Spirit. Yet more and more my hands do raise in worship song and I sing aloud feeling the deep presence of my comforter among the body of Christ as we each worship God as one body. 

:hurrah: :shofar:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

20 hours ago, JohnD said:

If you are a Christian then no matter how unhealthy it is, it will get better.

If one is not a Christian it is sick with a sickness that is fatal and is beyond cure.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I may be at the opposite end of the USA from Neighbor but I am worshipping with him and his wife in spirt.  It is all about God and His grace.  We wash in His word and focus Who He is, His attributes, and all He has done for us;  we can't help but overflow and rejoice in Him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/27/2019 at 11:45 AM, dr3032 said:

The three essentials to life, at least to me: A healthy mind, a healthy body, and a healthy spirit.

All three, of which, I think need work. I lift weights, but my eating habits are terrible. I like to learn, but I can lose patience quickly if I don't get it right away, or I can quickly write something off if it seems ridiculous to me. As for spirit? I have yet to find a church to attend, and I certainly can't claim to be that great. I still wish to learn and grow, and in all three areas, I wish to make improvements. Always room for improvements, I say.

Hi,

..."I have yet to find a church to attend".... Me either! I guess I have never found one, they have found me - lucky them eh?:D

Seriously, I have not ever found a church to be a part of, not so much as I have been led to each one. Have had to move 2800 miles to be brought to the Lord, had to be led to a church, had to move 2800 miles again to a church, and 2800 more miles, yet again to another. It goes on a bit more and not always 2800 miles. My thought is; perhaps one never finds a church, not so much as God leads even drags one to 'em.

And surprise there are troubles there too, but God prevails telling via His Holy Spirit to  go and then stay, stay and  become part, learn and do, serve me here till I say get up and go serve me there.

It does seem to me that finding a local church body is not a matter of finding one in the neighborhood. It will be a local church body wherever it is that each saint in Christ Jesus is led to go to for serving and being served, all at God's good purpose and time.

Praise God for the adventure that is life. Thank you LORD for the highs and bringing me through the lows that I may learn to endure and be the better low ranking soldier. It is an amazing awesome thrill. Yes thrill, what a ride the brethren are on, this ride that  is also  a run, to be running as to finish first!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Is it even possible for a born again spirit to be unhealthy in the slightest degree?

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

Are we even asking the right question?  Is HE unhealthy?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 3/27/2019 at 6:58 AM, JohnD said:

The soul or the spirit?