• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Do you have a better explanation than dark matter?

Do you have any convincing reason to believe that anythings possible for God and that Adam walked with God? There are thousands of religions. Just saying that its a hypothesis and that we only find  out the truth when we die, means that religion is mostly a huge waste of time during our limited time on earth. If religion is true, then its a very serious matter because our afterlife depends on it, so we have to try to find the truth.

Not that's gonna convince you. You should have used the name "Thomas".

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

10 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I think that everything is possible - for God.

It doesnt make sense, for everything to be possible. If God made an unstoppable force and an unmoveable object.. what would happen? Could the unstoppable force move the object? then its not an unmovable object. Could the unmoveable object stop an unstoppable force? Then the force is not unstoppable. If God cant make both things at the same time, then hes not omnipotent and not everythings possible for him, so even God is bound to limitations, if we assume that the same laws of logic apply  to God. Even if we assume that its possible for God to do illogical things in the place he is right now(seems to be outside our universe, and we dont know what laws of logic/physics apply there) we can still try to assume what would be possible for God if he was inside of our universe. Inside of our universe, its impossible for everything to be possible.

10 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Not that's gonna convince you. You should have used the name "Thomas".

If its not something that can convince me, why does it convince you?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, Leyla said:

It doesnt make sense, for everything to be possible. If God made an unstoppable force and an unmoveable object.. what would happen? Could the unstoppable force move the object? then its not an unmovable object. Could the unmoveable object stop an unstoppable force? Then the force is not unstoppable. If God cant make both things at the same time, then hes not omnipotent and not everythings possible for him, so even God is bound to limitations, if we assume that the same laws of logic apply  to God. Even if we assume that its possible for God to do illogical things in the place he is right now(seems to be outside our universe, and we dont know what laws of logic/physics apply there) we can still try to assume what would be possible for God if he was inside of our universe. Inside of our universe, its impossible for everything to be possible.

Ah...the old "Omnipotence Paradox".  These, including yours here, have been around for decades.

The Christian understands that for God to do things such as this - or "create a rock he cannot lift" - would mean that God would create a nonsensical contradiction.  God is not about nonsense and he is about order, not chaotical contradictions.  It's not that he can't.....it's that he won't.  It defies his nature. 

It's like God lying.  It's impossible for God to lie.  Why?  Because God is the source of all truth.  His word is truth.  Lying would mean his holy nature is defied.

I know that's not the answer you want, but it's the truth.

15 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Ah...the old "Omnipotence Paradox".  These, including yours here, have been around for decades.

The Christian understands that for God to do things such as this - or "create a rock he cannot lift" - would mean that God would create a nonsensical contradiction.  God is not about nonsense and he is about order, not chaotical contradictions.  It's not that he can't.....it's that he won't.  It defies his nature.

How do you know the nature of God and that he is not nonsensical? 99.9% of all life forms that ever lived went exinct. Is it nonsensical to make life forms just to let them die off again? If genesis was true, then God went through the trouble, to make it look like we went through evolution and that we descendend from animals, just to fool around with us. What about the laryngeal nerve in mammals that is unnecesarry long, wasting important and expensive nerve tissue. The nerve makes a loop around our aoritc arch for noooo reason. Imagine how much nerve tissue is wasted in animals with a long neck for example giraffes. Based on our observations, can we really say that God is not nonsensical?

Recurrent laryngeal nerve
A diagram showing the recurrent laryngeal nerve

15 minutes ago, Jayne said:

It's like God lying.  It's impossible for God to lie.  Why?  Because God is the source of all truth.  His word is truth.  Lying would mean his holy nature is defied.

I know that's not the answer you want, but it's the truth.

How do you know that its impossible for God to lie? Is the reason, why you think that God cant lie, good enough to convince others? If its not good enough to convince others, why is it good enough for you?

Edited by Leyla

19 minutes ago, Leyla said:

How do you know the nature of God and that he is not nonsensical? 99.9% of all life forms that ever lived went exinct. Is it nonsensical to make life forms just to let them die off again? If genesis was true, then God went through the trouble, to make it look like we went through evolution and that we descendend from animals, just to fool around with us. What about the laryngeal nerve in mammals that are unnecesarry long, wasting important and expensive nerve tissue. The nerve makes aloop around aour aoritc arch for noooo reason. Imagine how much nerve tissue is wasted in animals with a long neck for example giraffes. Based on our observations, can we really say that God is not nonsensical? 

Recurrent laryngeal nerve
A diagram showing the recurrent laryngeal nerve

How do you know that its impossible for God to lie? Is the reason, why you think that God cant lie, good enough to convince others? If its not good enough to convince others, why is it good enough for you?

How do I know the nature of God?  I've read the Bible and I've known God since I was 8 years old.

Why did God make it look like evolution were true?  He did not do that.  The Fossil record all across the stratum of rock layers proves he did not.  There are no transitional fossils and there should be countless ones if evolution is true.  And if the clam shells and such at the bottom - at a layer that is "supposed" to be 4.5 billion years old - look the same as clams today - I see no evolution.

How do you know that the laryngeal nerve serves no purpose?  Do you have evidence of that or did you just take Richard Dawkins word for it.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Jayne said:

He did not do that.  The Fossil record all across the stratum of rock layers proves he did not.  There are no transitional fossils and there should be countless ones if evolution is true.  And if the clam shells and such at the bottom - at a layer that is "supposed" to be 4.5 billion years old - look the same as clams today - I see no evolution.

What do you mean no transitional fossils? Every fossil is a transitional fossil and we are all transitional animals. Evolution never stands still. Can you send me your reference about the clam? Its very unlikely in my opinion that an animal that lived 4,5 billion years ago is now exactly as it was in the past. We have a very sophisticated fossil record and tons of evidence for evolution.

10 minutes ago, Jayne said:

How do you know that the laryngeal nerve serves no purpose?  Do you have evidence of that or did you just take Richard Dawkins word for it.

The evidence is that our bodies are made of chemical elements. Our parents take the chemical elements and we are basically build from them. Nerve tissue is fairly expensive and there is no advantage in having more than necesarry. There is no advantage in having a longer laryngeal nerve. We observe alot of Vestigiality. Some things are inefficient, some things dont work at all. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality

Edited by Leyla

2 hours ago, Leyla said:

If its not something that can convince me, why does it convince you?

To quote George Carlin: Could God make a rock so heavy that even God couldn't lift it? 

These sort of questions (and other's you've asked) have been out there for a LONG time. They have the flaw of taking what people say about what the bible says literally. It's why I have the signature I do. It's because it is not about roosters and how many times they crow. It is that the message was "you say you won't deny me? I say you'll deny me vociferously before this day is done."

The more one prays, STUDIES (as opposed to merely reading) the bible and trusts God, the easier it is to see all this stuff. It is the epitome of nuances. 

And this makes sense because the bible is attempting to explain the "unexplainable" yet, oddly, we understand it better as we study and enjoy a personal relationship with Him. I see the bible as trying to explain the color green to a person that has been blind from birth. Yet is succeeds at a certain level. 

And remember that each book of the bible was not written to us, though it was written for us. It was written TO the people who lived at the time and were part of the culture in which it was written. That's why we need to STUDY it as opposed to merely read it.

19 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The more one prays, STUDIES (as opposed to merely reading) the bible and trusts God, the easier it is to see all this stuff. It is the epitome of nuances.

Muslims pray ( probably more times a day than most christians) and  study (probably the same amout as christians), the Quran. They trust God. Yet they come to completly different conclusion for example that Jesus is not the son of God or that mohammad was a prophet. These conclusions will lead them to hell if christianity is true because they dont accept Jesus as their saviour. In return, if Islam is true all christians will go to hell because they rejected prophet mohammad and the quran. Islam will also outgrow christianity in the next 50-100 years. Examples like that, show that praying and studying your holy texts is not enough to find the truth. We have to look for the truth, outside of our religious texts, or we will simply be stuck in the lie that we are born in.

These sort of questions (and other's you've asked) have been out there for a LONG time. They have the flaw of taking what people say about what the bible says literally. It's why I have the signature I do. It's because it is not about roosters and how many times they crow. It is that the message was "you say you won't deny me? I say you'll deny me vociferously before this day is done."

The fact that these questions are asked times and times again only proves that noone was able to answer them yet, and that also tells us alot.

And this makes sense because the bible is attempting to explain the "unexplainable" yet, oddly, we understand it better as we study and enjoy a personal relationship with Him.

The Quran and other religion books do the same. Why should we put the bible above the Quran or other religious books? Until we establish thhat the bible is true, we have to consider the hypothesis that  christianity is a false religion, a smokescreen that distracts from the true faith.

I see the bible as trying to explain the color green to a person that has been blind from birth. Yet is succeeds at a certain level.

A God could easily inspire a book, that helps us understand something that we cant see, in this example the colour green. What we refer to as the visible light is a product of different frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum. The colour green has a wavelength of 495-570 nm.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green        We are not limited to our sight, we have discovered parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that we cant even see.

300px-Electromagnetic-Spectrum.svg.png

And remember that each book of the bible was not written to us, though it was written for us. It was written TO the people who lived at the time and were part of the culture in which it was written. That's why we need to STUDY it as opposed to merely read it.

Saying that we need to study instead of reading the bible, reminds me alot about the time, where I asked questions about the cruelty or "mistakes" in the Quran. The answer was that the Quran  was written in  a different time, for other people, and that I have to properly study and understand it and not just read it. Ill come back to the original thread question "christianity vs other religions".  Why put the bible above other religious texts?

Edited by Leyla

4 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Muslims pray ( probably more times a day than most christians) and  study (probably the same amout as christians), the Quran. They trust God. Yet they come to completly different conclusion for example that Jesus is not the son of God or that mohammad was a prophet. These conclusions will lead them to hell if christianity is true because they dont accept Jesus as their saviour. In return, if Islam is true all christians will go to hell because they rejected prophet mohammad and the quran. Islam will also outgrow christianity in the next 50-100 years. Examples like that, show that praying and studying your holy texts is not enough to find the truth. We have to look for the truth, outside of our religious texts, or we will simply be stuck in the lie that we are born in.

The fact that these questions are asked times and times again only proves that noone was able to answer them yet, and that also tells us alot.

The Quran and other religion books do the same. Why should we put the bible above the Quran or other religious books? Until we establish thhat the bible is true, we have to consider the hypothesis that  christianity is a false religion, a smokescreen that distracts from the true faith.

A God could easily inspire a book, that helps us understand something that we cant see, in this example the colour green. What we refer to as the visible light is a product of different frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum. The colour green has a wavelength of 495-570 nm.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green        We are not limited to our sight, we have discovered parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that we cant even see.

300px-Electromagnetic-Spectrum.svg.png

Saying that we need to study instead of reading the bible, reminds me alot about the time, where I asked questions about the cruelty or "mistakes" in the Quran. The answer was that the Quran  was written in  a different time, for other people, and that I have to properly study and understand it and not just read it. Ill come back to the original thread question "christianity vs other religions".  Why put the bible above other religious texts?

I've said everything I can say. I'm going to have to leave this one up to you - as it always has been. 

2 hours ago, Leyla said:

What do you mean no transitional fossils? Every fossil is a transitional fossil and we are all transitional animals. Evolution never stands still. Can you send me your reference about the clam? Its very unlikely in my opinion that an animal that lived 4,5 billion years ago is now exactly as it was in the past. We have a very sophisticated fossil record and tons of evidence for evolution.

The evidence is that our bodies are made of chemical elements. Our parents take the chemical elements and we are basically build from them. Nerve tissue is fairly expensive and there is no advantage in having more than necesarry. There is no advantage in having a longer laryngeal nerve. We observe alot of Vestigiality. Some things are inefficient, some things dont work at all. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality

These clam fossils are allegedly millions of year old.  They look just like what you would find on the beach today.  I guess the clam didn't evolve.  And if this clam evolved from something else - less complicated, further down towards the original single cell that evolutionists believe life came from - then where are those fossils?  Can you show me a picture of  a transitional fossil?  

Also here is a fossilized frog from the Cretaceous Period.  He looks just like the frogs of today.  Can you show any fossil evidence of frogs transitioning to a completely different animal or something transitioning TO a frog those millions of  years ago?

And I've always thought it arrogant of men and women who purport themselves to experts to claim that, "Well, this organ or that body part is vestigial in my opinion, ergo there is no God."

I know that you are not ready to believe what God's word says.  I'm convinced that you can be.  I'm convinced that he is drawing you to him.  I will continue to pray for you.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/fossilized-shells-embedded-rock-millions-years-553907293?src=kPdsJeARcPs9fOuTaUN0YA-1-36

http://www.fossilmuseum.net/Fossil-Pictures/Frogs/Callobatrachus/BF076B.jpg

Edited by Jayne