• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

19 minutes ago, Leyla said:

I would dare to say that the bible has almost as many bad elements as the Quran, though it obviously doesnt beat it.

Leyla, it would appear the basic misunderstanding of the Old Testament: Law = Stern but lovingly administered, and New Testament: Grace = Free and lovingly given, has you completely stumped at entering in and becoming a prospective and hopefully new believer. I'm praying that someday you come to accept Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Leyla said:

Its not only about eternal life, its also about eternal torture and we cant leave that one out.

That may be a Quran thing, but it certainly is not a bible thing.

Jewishnotgreek.com

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I actually started studying Islam after 9/11. Up to that point I saw it as merely another false religion. It is not. It is dangerous to civilization.

Amen! Yes, it is. And I'm genuinely concerned for the safety and security of our nation as it presently stands. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

28 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Nope. The OT is a history book. The Quran instructs current believers to kill.

If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. And they shall say to the elders of his city, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.   Deuteronomy 21:18-21   That doesnt sound like a history book, its very similiar to what I am used to in the Quran and if I read this verse in the Quran, I would think that its part of the book.    Jesus said that he did not come to change the law in Matthew 5:17 so the old laws still apply.   Also here is a list of things in the NT that can be considered cruel or evil for example the idea of a hell http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

26 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ Won’t the Creater of the universe do rightly?” I am not smart enough to be God’s critic.I’d wager God has valid reasons for everything that He has ever done and it will be US apologizing on Judgement Day- NOT Him.

We did not establish yet, if the creator of the universe is our God or not, so we cant use this argument.

Edited by Leyla

6 hours ago, Leyla said:

Muslims adore their prophets and God too, thats why so many want to die in combat to share the same heaven as their prophets. 

Yeah, they "martyr" themselves while trying to kill others all in the name of a truly evil entity. 

Note to muslims: If you are martyred by killing yourself, you're doing it wrong.

1 minute ago, Leyla said:

If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his home town. And they shall say to the elders of his city, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.” Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear of it and fear.   Deuteronomy 21:18-21  That doesnt sound like a history book, its very similiar to what I am used to in the Quran and if I read this verse in the Quran, I would think that its part of the book.    Jesus said that he did not come to change the law in Matthew 5:17 so the old laws still apply.   Also here is a list of things in the NT that can be considered cruel or evil. http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

We did not establish yet, if the creator of the universe is our God so we cant use this argument.

That is the law set out by a theocracy that no longer exists. Are you a member of that nation? Am I? Nope. 

And, again, that is the old covenant for a different time and world that no one alive has an inkling of today. It is also not Christianity. Remember that that law was not handed down by God. God told them to create a nation with laws and they did. and they worked for their time. What do you do in a nomadic nation when people violate the law and prisons are not practical?

Again, violence in the OT is HISTORY. Violence in the Quran is instructions to its modern adherents.

We can't link youtube videos here, but I highly recommend a search on "Bill Warner - A Taste of Islam". 

It will give a (fairly) brief rundown of the history of Islam from a "non-islam apologist" perspective. 

It is a real eye opener for those that don't have time to read islam's history.

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

That is the law set out by a theocracy that no longer exists. Are you a member of that nation? Am I? Nope. 

And, again, that is the old covenant for a different time and world that no one alive has an inkling of today. It is also not Christianity. Remember that that law was not handed down by God. God told them to create a nation with laws and they did. and they worked for their time. What do you do in a nomadic nation when people violate the law and prisons are not practical?

Again, violence in the OT is HISTORY. Violence in the Quran is instructions to its modern adherents.

Okay, so the 10 commandments dont apply too then, im not a member of that nation. It feels like we are just wiggling our way out of the old testament, because it gets uncomfortable sometimes.

8 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Jesus said that he did not come to change the law in Matthew 5:17 so the old laws still apply.   Also here is a list of things in the NT that can be considered cruel or evil. http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

The first sentence is a grossly incorrect and incomplete interpretation of what Jesus said, utterly changing its meaning. 

Regarding your link, that is also doing the same thing. It is either false bible interpretations or saying what GOD will do, not what we are instructed to do. It is a completely false and disingenuous reading of the bible, and demonstrates not a desire for knowledge, but a desire to destroy the teaching. 

Frankly, I assumed you were here trying to get answers, but I'm getting a different "vibe" now.

5 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The first sentence is a grossly incorrect and incomplete interpretation of what Jesus said, utterly changing its meaning.

Okay let me copy the full phrase then. 5:17 " Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. " Did I really change the meaning behind it? I doubt it

Regarding your link, that is also doing the same thing. It is either false bible interpretations or saying what GOD will do, not what we are instructed to do. It is a completely false and disingenuous reading of the bible, and demonstrates not a desire for knowledge, but a desire to destroy the teaching. 

Okay lets start with hell  because that list is too long to talk about everything. How is it not something that is cruel and evil?

Frankly, I assumed you were here trying to get answers, but I'm getting a different "vibe" now.

I talked about evolution in another subforum earlier and people accused me of not trying to find the truth and that im just trying to proof something wrong. Im "getting the vibe" that people automatically assume this everytime things get uncomfortable or when the odds start to stand against you, as a natural defense mechanism.

Edited by Leyla

2 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Okay, so the 10 commandments dont apply too then, im not a member of that nation. It feels like we are just wiggling our way out of the old testament, because it gets uncomfortable sometimes.

I wanted you to bring it up before I addressed it. Thank you. 

The ten commandments are not about punishment. They ARE God's instructions on how to live your life as it relates to God (five of them) and how it relates to other men (five others). And guess what? Jesus brought it home to more than just actions, but ATTITUDE:

Matthew 5:21-22

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[c] will be subject to judgment."

Jesus equates anger with murder. 

However, we are under grace. The ten commandments are guidelines on how to live your life. They are instructions to the individual to live a better and more productive life. And here is the big difference between them and all the laws: They don't discuss punishment. They discuss what is right and wrong. And it is a very short list.