• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/08/2002

Okay, I need advice. . . I was going over a chapter in this book discussing how one ought to examine oneself to make sure one's motives in general are good, and so I did, asking whether I would still obey God if there was no hell from which to be saved, and while I conclude that I would indeed still obey Him, it got me wondering how I could prove that God is, indeed, good.  Well of course, I thought to myself, because the Bible says so!  But if God is really not good, then how can we trust what is said to us in the Bible?  I pointed out to myself that the Bible is certainly historically accurate, and thus we are definitely given an accurate view of how God demonstrates and proves His love to us in answering countless promises He made in the Bible.  "The proof is in the pudding," as they say.  After all, I thought, if God is really some evil agent trying to lure us into a deadly web of falsehood, then why the hard line about suffering?  If someone really wanted to deceive people into buying into a belief system, wouldn't it make sense rather for endless promises of success and comfort to be given?  But then I had the nasty thought that, well, if this agent were evil, it would necessarily imply that a good exists, and based off other arguments, this good power would be greater that this hypothetical evil power.  Thus, one could construe that somehow this greater good power is restraining the evil power to only be able to do certain evils and/or perhaps to only do evil as long as good is also done, or some such arrangement; essentially, that instead of things working together for good, they'd be working together for bad.  What it comes down to is this: what prevents Christianity from being a smoke screen, and another religion being the real thing?  So I've been worrying intensely about that for the past while, and tbh idk where to go for answers because no matter what evidence is given in favor of Christianity, it could be brushed off as being merely part of the "illusion" set up by the evil power opposing the true religion.
And btw this is not me turning agnostic or anything, I often question things just because that's part of my nature, but I usually get them proven back, and they end up being stronger than ever. . . tbh I've been known to doubt my own existence.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I think you have way too much time on your hands.....lol

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think you have way too much time on your hands.....lol

Haha naw I just tend to question everything, it's just my nature . . . XD 

Honestly tho, that tendency makes me really be able to defend all of my beliefs extremely effectively because whenever someone gives me an objection to my view, I've already asked the question earlier and thus am already way ahead of the opposition, so I know how to respond.

Wise strategy......I do the same....cuts down on a lot of embarrassment .....

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Wise strategy......I do the same....cuts down on a lot of embarrassment .....

Hear hear. . . it's good to have an answer for everything

(also, it's sort of satisfying to prove your point to someone) XD }=) 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The difference in other religions and Christianity?

Jesus Christ

• This is Worthy 3

It’s been said many times but it bears repeating—Religion says “ do”, Christianity says “ done”. Christianity is NOT a religion.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

5 hours ago, theInquirer said:
 how I could prove that God is, indeed, good.  But if God is really not good,
After all, I thought, if God is really some evil agent trying to lure us into a deadly web of falsehood, then why the hard line about suffering?  If someone really wanted to deceive people into buying into a belief system, wouldn't it make sense rather for endless promises of success and comfort to be given? .
And btw this is not me turning agnostic or anything, I often question things just because that's part of my nature, but I usually get them proven back, and they end up being stronger than ever. . . tbh I've been known to doubt my own existence.

There are plenty of false religeons promising sucess, heaven etc etc to those who do what is required.

Look at what the beliefs encourage there followers to do.

Which has had the most influence for good, done the most good.

Strangely the answer is Christianity.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

I would say being followers of Christ does the most good. We say Christians but it a very miss used missed use word used in our modern day free world. Also the word Catholic is highly miss used. Anyone can be a Christian today. Its just like the world. The good Side and the dark side.    We can't help it because good and evil  exists since the fall of man. When the church was born at Pentecost the church was filled with the Holy Ghost but with time it became evil and corrupt. and the Holy Spirit left. The word Christian no longer means what it did in antilock  

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:08 PM, missmuffet said:

The difference in other religions and Christianity?

Jesus Christ

EXACTLY dear sister .    Exactly .  THUS this means all other religions are  dead in their sins and they but vanity in the wind and in dire grave danger and are under the wrath of GOD .

So lets all boot rick warren and mr francis and scores of others and their dead end false works unity gospel OUT the way and let all who NAME the name of JESUS CHRIST ,

WHO IS the I AM that was berfore even Abraham was ,  and proclaim HIM as the ONLY NAME where by one can be saved .  For if a man denies Christ ,  THEY HAVE DENIED GOD

and I mean THE ONLY GOD .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1