• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Why do you assume that we will never be able to create living things? Lets agree on somethings first. 1) Can we agree that we are made from nonliving chemicals? 2) can we agree that we can find and use these nonchemicals? 3) can we agree that the organic bounds in our body, are possible to recreate in labs? If we agree on these 3 things, then I really dont know why we should not also agree, that creating life form nonlife is possible.

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. yes.

Regarding your first and last sentence, the answer is, Because we are not God. I believe life comes from God. Now, if I'm proven wrong, I'll accept that, but I have not been so far. 

I've argued the Star Trek transporter with people for a long time and believe that if such a thing existed, it would kill the person in it as it tore apart their molecules. It would then create a duplicate at the destination. It would look exactly like the original from the fiber in the clothing to every cell in their body. But not one single cell would be alive. They were all killed with it was broken up and all that is left is the atoms, which make up the molecules, which make up the cells, which are all dead. No life at all, though they once were part of living cells - but those cells died. 

20 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Just because our universe has the law of conservation of mass/energy, doesnt mean that this mass/energy is a creation. Do you have any reason outside of the bible to believe that what we have in this universe is a creation? If not what is your reason to take the word of the bible above other religious texts?

I do: Here is my proof: look around you. Go down to the atomic level. It SHOUTS of a creator from every crevice. And nobody has come up with an alternative that can be tested. Sometimes they have to explain things by making up things out of whole cloth. e.g. "dark matter". :D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

24 minutes ago, OneLight said:

All I need is God, not man's theories.  Who do you trust in?  Man of God?  Ever read Job 38:1-40:2?  Can you answer the question posed?

Which God? Yachweh, allah, wischnu, zeus, thor, santeria, vodou??? Why choose yachweh? You cant use the bible as a reference material, to proof that the bible is true. Im sorry, but Job 38:1-40:2 is not convincing. Yes nature and our world and everything else are cool things. However pointing to nature, when you try to proof your religion can be misused. Quran 3:190-191 Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding.  Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.  What is your reason to believe that the bible is not a "man's theorie?". In theory christianity could be a smokescreen, that stops us from seeing the one true faith that will lead to salvation.           (PS many questions from 38:1-40:2 were answered by science: For example  “22 Have you entered the storehouses of the snow?"we know how snow forms by now and its definitely not stored in a storehouse ) 

How Snow Forms   nsidc.org/cryosphere/snow/science/formation.html

Snow in the atmosphere

Whether winter storms produce snow relies heavily on temperature, but not necessarily the temperature we feel here on the ground. Snow forms when the atmospheric temperature is at or below freezing (0 degrees Celsius or 32 degrees Fahrenheit) and there is a minimum amount of moisture in the air. If the ground temperature is at or below freezing, the snow will reach the ground. However, the snow can still reach the ground when the ground temperature is above freezing if the conditions are just right. In this case, snowflakes will begin to melt as they reach this higher temperature layer; the melting creates evaporative cooling which cools the air immediately around the snowflake. This cooling retards melting. As a general rule, though, snow will not form if the ground temperature is at least 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit).

Edited by Leyla

7 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Which God?

In all seriousness, Leyla, I HIGHLY recommend the book "Unseen Realm". It covers the roots of Judaism and Christianity from the perspective of the spiritual realm and other gods in a way discussed in the bible, but very rarely - if ever - discussed in Christian churches. The author, Michael Heiser, is not just a linguist and religious history expert, but his knowledge spans the history of other cultures as well. He really gets into what kind of culture from which our current beliefs grew. 

https://www.amazon.com/Unseen-Realm-Recovering-Supernatural-Worldview/dp/1577995562/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1UOR60UTAWYVD&keywords=unseen+realm+michael+heiser&qid=1557497265&s=gateway&sprefix=unseen+realm%2Caps%2C138&sr=8-3

54 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. yes.

Regarding your first and last sentence, the answer is, Because we are not God. I believe life comes from God. Now, if I'm proven wrong, I'll accept that, but I have not been so far.

If we can agree on these 3 things, why cant we agree that its possible to create life? What makes life more than just chemicals and reactions?

43 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I do: Here is my proof: look around you. Go down to the atomic level. It SHOUTS of a creator from every crevice. And nobody has come up with an alternative that can be tested.

Okay, atomic level. What exactly shouts creator?  I went through tons of atomic theory lately (im nowhere close to an expert in this field). What exactly points to a creator? Well, dark matter is quite a mystery, maybe we will understand more about it. Just because its a mystery for us now, doesnt mean that it will be a mystery forever.

43 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Sometimes they have to explain things by making up things out of whole cloth. e.g. "dark matter". :D

300px-Standard_Model_of_Elementary_Parti
The standard model of elementary particles was expanded alot. The idea of a Higgs-Boson, at the top right on the picture, was first proposed in 1964. However it took scientist !!48 years!!, to actually confirm that the Higgs particle exists. Before we were able to confirm it, it had a similiar mystery to us  like dark matter and it was the unknown particle. Just because we have something that is not confirmed yet, doesnt mean that scientist made something up. There is serious evidence that lead scientists into assuming  that dark matter exists.

Edited by Leyla

3 minutes ago, Leyla said:

If we can agree on these 3 things, why cant we agree that its possible to create life? What makes life more than just chemicals and reactions?

Well, we can agree, actually. But only from the perspective that anything's "possible". ;)

Edited by Still Alive

15 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Well, we can agree, actually. But only from the perspective that anything's possible. ;)

I also dont think that everythings possible, everything is bound to limitation. However why do you assume that creating life is part of that limitation? [Edit: I think i misread your answer lol, thought you did not believe that everythings possible]

Edited by Leyla
edit

3 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Well, dark matter is quite a mystery, maybe we will understand more about it. Just because its a mystery for us now, doesnt mean that it will be a mystery forever.

Maybe it doesn't exist. ;)

Just now, Leyla said:

I also dont think that everythings possible, everything is bound to limitation. However why do you assume that creating life is part of that limitation?

I think that everything is possible - for God. I think that when Adam walked with God, he was walking with Jesus. I believe Jacob wrestled with Jesus. I believe that the fourth man in the furnace was Jesus. 

The only way we can find out if we can do a thing is to try to do it. I will believe we can create life from non life the day we actually do it. Until then it is an hypothesis

9 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Maybe it doesn't exist. ;)

Do you have a better explanation than dark matter?

6 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I think that everything is possible - for God. I think that when Adam walked with God, he was walking with Jesus. I believe Jacob wrestled with Jesus. I believe that the fourth man in the furnace was Jesus. 

The only way we can find out if we can do a thing is to try to do it. I will believe we can create life from non life the day we actually do it. Until then it is an hypothesis

Do you have any convincing reason to believe that anythings possible for God and that Adam walked with God? There are thousands of religions. Just saying that its a hypothesis and that we only find  out the truth when we die, means that religion is mostly a huge waste of time during our limited time on earth. If religion is true, then its a very serious matter because our afterlife depends on it, so we have to try to find the truth.

Edited by Leyla